Windows 10: WSL

Discus and support WSL in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two questions related to Windows Subsystem for Linux. One, does anyone know of a recent how to that shows how to install a GUI in WSL? Secondly,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sehsphare, Feb 15, 2021.

1. sehsphare Win User

WSL

I have two questions related to Windows Subsystem for Linux. One, does anyone know of a recent how to that shows how to install a GUI in WSL? Secondly, how can I make sure I am using WSL2.0 instead of 1? I'd like to install some gui development tools inside Ubuntu on WSL . All the guides I've found are rather old so I don't want to blindly follow.

TIA

Andy

:)

sehsphare, Feb 15, 2021

2. WSL in windows Store

Actually, this is a consumer-oriented forum for general Windows 10 questions.

As WSL concerns mostly developers and Enterprise, I suggest asking there.

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 15, 2021
  3. WSL 2

I want to make use of WSL 2 feature with the new update of Windows version 2004 , in order to use WSL 2 i need to enable Virtualization in my pc bios settings. So when i enable virtualization my windows starts lagging and all the animations of scrolling
    etc etc lags...Please suggest me something to fix that so that i could use the new virtualization feature.

Legend Hunter 3, Feb 15, 2021
  4. geev03 Win User

WSL

WsL on ARM64

Attempts to enable WsL 2.0 (on an activated Raspberry Pi4-8GB RAM) is turning the device to an unbootable state. Is there a safe way to enable either WsL 1 or WsL 2 on officially unsupported ARM devices?

geev03, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

WSL

1. WSL - Similar Threads - WSL

2. Trouble with WSL powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with WSL powershell: Whenever i enter: dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:VirtualMachinePlatform /all/norestart it gives me: cmdlet enalbe-WindowsOptionalFeature at commands pipeline position 1 supply values for the following parameters: FeatureName[0]...
  3. Trouble with WSL powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with WSL powershell: Whenever i enter: dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:VirtualMachinePlatform /all/norestart it gives me: cmdlet enalbe-WindowsOptionalFeature at commands pipeline position 1 supply values for the following parameters: FeatureName[0]...
  4. Trouble with WSL powershell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Trouble with installing WSL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with installing WSL: Hello! When I try to install WSL Windows Subsystem for Linux on my laptop, everything goes smoothly until I have to restart the laptop. Initially, the update progresses well, reaching approximately 97%. However, at that point, an error message appears: ‘Something unexpected...
  6. Trouble with installing WSL

Trouble with installing WSL: Hello! When I try to install WSL Windows Subsystem for Linux on my laptop, everything goes smoothly until I have to restart the laptop. Initially, the update progresses well, reaching approximately 97%. However, at that point, an error message appears: ‘Something unexpected...
  7. WSL Error

WSL Error: I accidentally deleted part of my WSL folder in C:\Program Files\, so now when I try to run any wsl programs, linux distros, or try to install it, it says: The system cannot find the file specified. Error code: Wsl/CallMsi/ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUNDHow do I fix this error? Thank...
  8. WSL Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL Error: I accidentally deleted part of my WSL folder in C:\Program Files\, so now when I try to run any wsl programs, linux distros, or try to install it, it says: The system cannot find the file specified. Error code: Wsl/CallMsi/ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUNDHow do I fix this error? Thank...
  9. Problème d'installation d'Hyper-V sous Windows 10 et impossibilité d'accéder à WSL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problème d'installation d'Hyper-V sous Windows 10 et impossibilité d'accéder à WSL: Bonjour,Tout part du mot de l'installation de MongoDB sur Ubuntu et du mot de passe sudo d'Ubuntu que je ne retrouvais pas.J'étais blouquée et j'ai fini par désinstaller Unbuntu pour tenter de le réinstaller et pouvoir recréer un mot de passe.Et là, le pire de mes...
  10. Problème d'installation d'Hyper-V sous Windows 10 et impossibilité d'accéder à WSL

Problème d'installation d'Hyper-V sous Windows 10 et impossibilité d'accéder à WSL: Bonjour,Tout part du mot de l'installation de MongoDB sur Ubuntu et du mot de passe sudo d'Ubuntu que je ne retrouvais pas.J'étais blouquée et j'ai fini par désinstaller Unbuntu pour tenter de le réinstaller et pouvoir recréer un mot de passe.Et là, le pire de mes...