Windows 10: WSL

Discus and support WSL in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two questions related to Windows Subsystem for Linux. One, does anyone know of a recent how to that shows how to install a GUI in WSL? Secondly,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sehsphare, Feb 15, 2021.

1. sehsphare Win User

WSL

I have two questions related to Windows Subsystem for Linux. One, does anyone know of a recent how to that shows how to install a GUI in WSL? Secondly, how can I make sure I am using WSL2.0 instead of 1? I'd like to install some gui development tools inside Ubuntu on WSL . All the guides I've found are rather old so I don't want to blindly follow.

TIA

Andy

:)

sehsphare, Feb 15, 2021

2. WSL in windows Store

Actually, this is a consumer-oriented forum for general Windows 10 questions.

As WSL concerns mostly developers and Enterprise, I suggest asking there.

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 15, 2021
  3. WSL 2

I want to make use of WSL 2 feature with the new update of Windows version 2004 , in order to use WSL 2 i need to enable Virtualization in my pc bios settings. So when i enable virtualization my windows starts lagging and all the animations of scrolling
    etc etc lags...Please suggest me something to fix that so that i could use the new virtualization feature.

Legend Hunter 3, Feb 15, 2021
  4. geev03 Win User

WSL

WsL on ARM64

Attempts to enable WsL 2.0 (on an activated Raspberry Pi4-8GB RAM) is turning the device to an unbootable state. Is there a safe way to enable either WsL 1 or WsL 2 on officially unsupported ARM devices?

geev03, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

WSL

1. WSL - Similar Threads - WSL

2. WSL distros disappear after drive upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WSL distros disappear after drive upgrade: Just as a note, it is most likely I did something very stupid here. Please point out what I did wrong! So strange thing today, I upgraded my nvme drive today. Went from 500GB to 1TB, but now my WSL distros are missing. what I did: use DD to clone one drive to other dd...
  3. Usb-c hotplug stopped working after docker + wsl install

Usb-c hotplug stopped working after docker + wsl install: A few days ago I thought it'd be fun to install docker on my windows 10 pc. This lead me to installing WSL. Immediately after that I started having trouble with my Usb-c dock which I use to quickly change my keyboard and mouse between my apple laptop and my windows pc. It...
  4. Can I invoke python3 interpreter on WSL from Windows-side?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I invoke python3 interpreter on WSL from Windows-side?: I posted this on Ask Ubuntu a couple days ago but got no takers, so I'm trying here. I use Komodo IDE (from Activestate). You configure its debugger by pointing it an interpreter, in this case Python3. I have a Python library that is not compatible with Windows Python, but...
  5. WSL explorer.exe not found

WSL explorer.exe not found: I've been using wsl for a few months now with no problems, but today I just cannot use explorer.exe to open up the windows file system. Literally 12 hours ago it had no issues, now it doesn't recognize the command Edit: Somehow, wsl cannot access windows files anymore, it...
  6. Windows 10 WSL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 WSL: How do I get GEDIT's window-form to open under WSL Ubuntu? How do I display window-forms under WSL ubuntu Linux? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wsl/2d08348b-b791-478d-8038-be70bf929952
  7. How to install a .deb or rpm package in wsl

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install a .deb or rpm package in wsl: The question's simple i want to install a linux package on windows 10 using wsl with a full fledged gui environment how can I do this,and is there better way than x server ????...
  8. WSL does not work norally in my PC.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WSL does not work norally in my PC.: Hello. I am trying to install the wsl2 in my pc. When i type and command "wsl -l -v" or "wsl -v" in powershell , the command did not work. only "wsl -l" command does work normally It shows other results as same when using the --help option. What should i do? Please...
  9. Whitelisting WSL in ransomware controlled folder access?

Whitelisting WSL in ransomware controlled folder access?: How would I do this? Looking at the recent block stuff, the pathway looks like this. Is there a way I can tell Windows 'if it comes from WSL, let it through'? Or is that insecure in nature? I have the controlled folder thing protecting my attached Google drive folder, but...
  10. Windows 10 gets a new file system tool, WSL and time zone improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 gets a new file system tool, WSL and time zone improvements: The next update for Windows 10 is version 21H1 and it has already been finalized ahead of its launch in the first half of next year – but as we’ve already reported – version 21H1 update will only be a minor upgrade. Nevertheless, Microsoft has already started beta testing...