Windows 10: WSL2 and new Windows Terminal not working with VPN

Discus and support WSL2 and new Windows Terminal not working with VPN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For most of my apps I don't want to use a VPN. So I have a VPN client that supports split tunneling so I can choose whether I want it to use VPN or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VibronicPants49, Jun 22, 2020.

1. WSL2 and new Windows Terminal not working with VPN

For most of my apps I don't want to use a VPN. So I have a VPN client that supports split tunneling so I can choose whether I want it to use VPN or not on app by app basis.

The VPN client works fine with different apps but when I try to set it up with Ubuntu WSL/2 and new Window Terminal app by selecting both Ubuntu 20.04 LTS WSL2 app and the Windows Terminal App... it doesn't work. When I check IP from Ubuntu WSL2 bash terminal using "curl ifconfig.me" it shows my real IP rather than the VPN ip the VPN split tunnel works fine when I try to use it with Powershell via Windows Terminal.

What exact apps do I need to chose for the WSL2 Ubuntu terminal to work with the split tunnel VPN?

:)

VibronicPants49, Jun 22, 2020
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Jun 22, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin WSL2 and new Windows Terminal not working with VPN :D

P4-630, Jun 22, 2020
  4. WSL2 and new Windows Terminal not working with VPN

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

AirVPN

In contrast to all the big names such as IPVanish, TorGuard, Hide My Ass!, PIA etc, AirVPN has been the most useful in terms of performance, cost, privacy and service.

• No torrent (or other format) throttling
    • No region/server locking
    • Full server stats live, with reports and repair ETAs
    • Packages include complete tunneling and multiple protocols
    • Can be setup for virtually any platform(including a easy to use Windows package)[also user guides exist for bespoke arrangements, such as pfSense, which I run]
    • Their website/user portal is very thorough and flexible. You can build custom VPN configuration files
    • Cost is extremely good for what you get
    • Service is often quick and prompt
    • Forums are active
    • They tick all the privacy qualifications, no record keeping

newconroer, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

WSL2 and new Windows Terminal not working with VPN

1. WSL2 and new Windows Terminal not working with VPN - Similar Threads - WSL2 Terminal working

2. How to install terminal icons in wsl2 ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install terminal icons in wsl2 ubuntu: I want to see the files and folder icons when I use the ls command. Is there any way to achieve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-terminal-icons-in-wsl2-ubuntu/7c810f10-3237-462b-8845-dcdb98f644e7
  3. How to install terminal icons in wsl2 ubuntu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install terminal icons in wsl2 ubuntu: I want to see the files and folder icons when I use the ls command. Is there any way to achieve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-terminal-icons-in-wsl2-ubuntu/7c810f10-3237-462b-8845-dcdb98f644e7
  4. WSL2 not connection without VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL2 not connection without VPN: Hello Team, I have been using Kali Linux on my Laptop as main OS which is working fine. However I decided to install WSL2 on my Windows 11 PC, After installation it refuses to connect to the internet. However if I use VPN it connects successfully but throws error when I...
  5. WSL2 not connection without VPN

WSL2 not connection without VPN: Hello Team, I have been using Kali Linux on my Laptop as main OS which is working fine. However I decided to install WSL2 on my Windows 11 PC, After installation it refuses to connect to the internet. However if I use VPN it connects successfully but throws error when I...
  6. WSL2 needs a wsl.exe --terminate everytime. Any suggestion?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL2 needs a wsl.exe --terminate everytime. Any suggestion?: I leave my computer always on and attached to the charger. Sometimes, when I leave it a lot of time without using everyday when I wake up the WSL2 system is without connection. The only way to not have this problem and return my connection is if I use the "wsl.exe...
  7. WSL2 needs a wsl.exe --terminate everytime. Any suggestion?

WSL2 needs a wsl.exe --terminate everytime. Any suggestion?: I leave my computer always on and attached to the charger. Sometimes, when I leave it a lot of time without using everyday when I wake up the WSL2 system is without connection. The only way to not have this problem and return my connection is if I use the "wsl.exe...
  8. WSL2 needs a wsl.exe --terminate everytime. Any suggestion?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. WSL2 not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL2 not working: Upgraded to Windows 11 today and decided to install WSL2, already have WSL1 and Ubuntu installed so I entered the commands "WSL --update" and after reboot "WSL --set-version Ubuntu-20.04 2" to upgrade to WSL2, but the latter command throws error: Please enable the Virtual...
  10. WSL2 not working

WSL2 not working: Upgraded to Windows 11 today and decided to install WSL2, already have WSL1 and Ubuntu installed so I entered the commands "WSL --update" and after reboot "WSL --set-version Ubuntu-20.04 2" to upgrade to WSL2, but the latter command throws error: Please enable the Virtual...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wsl2 vpn