Windows 10: WSL2 displaying error even though virtualization and virtual machine platform are enabled

Discus and support WSL2 displaying error even though virtualization and virtual machine platform are enabled in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Please enable the Virtual Machine Platform Windows feature and ensure virtualization is enabled in the BIOS. For information please visit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/johncaling40, Jul 10, 2020.

1. WSL2 displaying error even though virtualization and virtual machine platform are enabled

Please enable the Virtual Machine Platform Windows feature and ensure virtualization is enabled in the BIOS.

For information please visit https://aka.ms/wsl2-install

That is what it says in my WSL Ubuntu shell. I have Ryzen 2700X and have enabled SVM in bios. Virtual Machine platform is also enabled in the windows features menu. How to I fix this?

submitted by /u/johncaling40
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/johncaling40, Jul 10, 2020

2. Virtual Machine Platform in Windows 10 update 1809

Yeah, I'm feeling this too right now. I'm a dev over in the GNU/Linux ecosystem and this is my first time using Windows really, and I see that there is WSL of course, but the I do a quick search for what the purpose of the Virtual Machine Platform is,
    and now I see that it MAY be what I need to even be able to use Microsoft's updated WSL2. Is this correct or not? If I am trying to use Linux on Windows should I use the specific feature that says "WSL", or should I use the "Virtual Machine Platform"?

And you wonder why....nvmnd.

TheRealdps, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Virtual Machine Platform in Windows 10 update 1809

I really didn't expect to get a response to my question, to be honest. I thank you for clarifying a few things for me, and making me feel like its not just me being a "Linux Elitist".

I figured out how to use WSL, you know, enabling the feature then installing a distro, then launching... but I still don't understand what the feature "virtual machine platform" is... When with it disabled, I ca still run VM's. So is it for WSL2? Or what?

TheRealdps, Jul 10, 2020
  4. WSL2 displaying error even though virtualization and virtual machine platform are enabled

[Windows Features] Virtual Machine Platform

In what case would I need to install the Virtual Machine Platform (found in - Turn Windows features on or off)? What is it good for?

artifact4727, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

WSL2 displaying error even though virtualization and virtual machine platform are enabled

1. WSL2 displaying error even though virtualization and virtual machine platform are enabled - Similar Threads - WSL2 displaying error

2. Unable to enable virtual machine platform.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enable virtual machine platform.: I have a dell inspiron 3505 with ryzen 5 3540 processor running windows 11 and I was trying to run windows subsystem for android and for that I had to enable virtual machine platform.But when I tried to do so, after turning it on from the "turn windows features on or off" and...
  3. Unable to enable virtual machine platform.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to enable virtual machine platform.: I have a dell inspiron 3505 with ryzen 5 3540 processor running windows 11 and I was trying to run windows subsystem for android and for that I had to enable virtual machine platform.But when I tried to do so, after turning it on from the "turn windows features on or off" and...
  4. Cannot enable Virtual Machine Platform

Cannot enable Virtual Machine Platform: I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise Version 10.0.19043.1826I was trying to install WSL2 but when I was trying to enable Virtual Machine Platform I got this error when restarting: "Failed to update services".I ran systeminfo.exe and checked to make sure virtualization is...
  5. Virtual Machine Platform unwanted virtual displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Machine Platform unwanted virtual displays: Hello,I'm trying run WSL2 on my Win 11 22000.556 ThinkPad t440p and after thicking "Virtual Machine Platform" in "Turn Windows features on or off" I'm getting unwanted virtual displays I cannot access 3, 4, 5, 6 - https://i.imgur.com/hcb14DJ.png.I disabled them to stop moving...
  6. Virtual Machine Platform unwanted virtual displays

Virtual Machine Platform unwanted virtual displays: Hello,I'm trying run WSL2 on my Win 11 22000.556 ThinkPad t440p and after thicking "Virtual Machine Platform" in "Turn Windows features on or off" I'm getting unwanted virtual displays I cannot access 3, 4, 5, 6 - https://i.imgur.com/hcb14DJ.png.I disabled them to stop moving...
  7. BSOD when trying enable Virtual Machine Platform for WSL2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when trying enable Virtual Machine Platform for WSL2: I was following this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10 to try and install wsl2 for the first time on my laptop. The first step ran successfully, but when I try to restart after running: dism.exe /online /enable-feature...
  8. Unable to Enable 'Virtual Machine Platform'

Unable to Enable 'Virtual Machine Platform': Hello, I need to use WSL2 on my Windows 10 system, HP pavilion CS1000-TX. Whenever I enable Virtual Machine Platform and go for a reboot, the reboot doesnt go through. I witness the HP logo and then a blank screen upon. The only solution I've found is to perform a power off....
  9. Unable to enable "Virtual Machine Platform"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to enable "Virtual Machine Platform": submitted by /u/CautiousCrazy6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvs9sn/unable_to_enable_virtual_machine_platform/
  10. Can't enable"Virtual Machine Platform"

Can't enable"Virtual Machine Platform": I'm running Windows 10 on ASUS FX705DY AU072T. Windows doesn't boot after enabling "Virtual Machine Platform" and just shows a black screen after showing the windows 10 logo during boot. I've tried it on updated version 1909 and also after updating to version 19041.264 I...