Windows 10: WSL2 linux xrdp

Discus and support WSL2 linux xrdp in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and Kali Linux both installed withWSL2 on my machine. I have installed xrdp on bothVMs and it works separately. But whenever I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Leykun, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Leykun Win User

WSL2 linux xrdp

I have Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and Kali Linux both installed withWSL2 on my machine. I have installed xrdp on bothVMs and it works separately. But whenever I try to access the other while one is connected throughRDP I get an error on RDP like the following: -

WSL2 linux xrdp e33b1122-d3ef-4732-a58d-0647456680d5?upload=true.png

I have noticed that bot VMs have identical IP addresses and suspected that is the problem. Can someone educate me about this?

:)

Leykun, Oct 8, 2020

2. WSL2 for windows

I have failed into installing WSL for Windows. I have read here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win.../install-win10 how to do it, and at step 4:

1. Download the latest package:
      [COLOR=var(--text)][COLOR=var(--info-dark)] Note[/COLOR]
      If you're using an ARM64 machine, please download the ARM64 package instead. If you're not sure what kind of machine you have, open Command Prompt or PowerShell and enter: systeminfo | find "System Type".
      [/COLOR]
    2. Run the update package downloaded in the previous step. (Double-click to run - you will be prompted for elevated permissions, select ‘yes’ to approve this installation.)

I encountered:

WSL2 linux xrdp [​IMG]

and

WSL2 linux xrdp [​IMG]

What I did wrong ? I have the following W10 version:

WSL2 linux xrdp [​IMG]

Another question: am I in the the right forum ?

mesajflaviu, Oct 8, 2020
  3. Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2)

Can anybody know when ''Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2)''
    is expected to launch?

Debabrata Ganguly, Oct 8, 2020
  4. _Egoist Win User

WSL2 linux xrdp

Showing the "Linux" folder on the file explorer navigation panel for WSL2

One of the features that was released on the 2019 and May 2020 updates was having easy access to WSL system folders from the file explorer.

After having a fresh install, the "Linux" folder on the navigation panel is no longer available for me (even though it was listed on the features of the new update). Of course it's possible to create a shortcut to the location of the WSL folder, but having
    an organized Linux folder for the different subsystems pinned is more ideal.

Is there any possible way to enable that feature again? I have tried adding the registry key, but it seems like WSL2 have a different value.

_Egoist, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

WSL2 linux xrdp

1. WSL2 linux xrdp - Similar Threads - WSL2 linux xrdp

2. WSL2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL2: Hello,Could anyone please tell me whether WSL2 has any kind of connection to the internet or external network or application/service?Thanks in advance!Kind regards,Oliver Jenkins https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsl2/788253f6-ebec-44ef-987f-29a2d5cb1fd1
  3. WSL2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WSL2: Hello thereI've been trying to make wsl2 work on my surface pro 5 but I find myself unable to make sense of the range of suggestions from forums.The problem is that wsl can't connect to the internet, and so far I've tried to change the wsl.conf file according to this...
  4. Kill a Linux process programmatically in WSL2

Kill a Linux process programmatically in WSL2: If I issue a long-running WSL command from a C# program, how do I terminate that Linux process programmatically? How do I identify the PID of the process in Linux so that I can issue a 'kill' command?...
  5. Mounting WSL2 Linux rootfs from Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mounting WSL2 Linux rootfs from Windows: https://docs.microsoft.com/hu-hu/windows/wsl/wsl2-mount-disk tells me that I can figure out the device names for my WSL2-based Linux filesystems by > wmic diskdrive list brief but this showed me only my physical disks. How can I get the name for my Linux rootfs to...
  6. Installing Linux apps on WSL2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Linux apps on WSL2: I recently started using WLS2 with Ubuntu. I configured everything the way Microsoft's documentation. I want to have Linux apps alongside Windows apps as shortcuts. I also don't need a desktop environment. Is there a way to do that? submitted by /u/m_beps [link]...
  7. "Error" Installing Linux distro in windows 10 pro wsl2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Error" Installing Linux distro in windows 10 pro wsl2: WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102 Error: 0x80370102 The virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not installed....
  8. Showing the "Linux" folder on the file explorer navigation panel for WSL2

Showing the "Linux" folder on the file explorer navigation panel for WSL2: One of the features that was released on the 2019 and May 2020 updates was having easy access to WSL system folders from the file explorer. After having a fresh install, the "Linux" folder on the navigation panel is no longer available for me even though it was listed on...
  9. New Memory Reclaim feature in Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2)

in Windows 10 News
    New Memory Reclaim feature in Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2): We’ve added a new Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) feature in Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19013: Memory Reclamation for WSL 2! Previously, when the memory needs of the WSL2 Virtual Machine (VM) would grow, either from your workflow or by the Linux kernel, the overall...
  10. Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2)

Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2): Can anybody know when ''Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2)'' is expected to launch? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-subsystem-for-linux-2-wsl2/c6045de9-7177-4290-89bb-afe853adaa94