Windows 10: WSL2, outgoing requests are not allowed/working after enabling wifi hotspot

Discus and support WSL2, outgoing requests are not allowed/working after enabling wifi hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Setting: Laptop, WIndows 10, Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041 WSL2 installed with Debian WLAN connection WIFI hotspot enabled Result: For some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PLAK3, Nov 13, 2020.

1. PLAK3 Win User

WSL2, outgoing requests are not allowed/working after enabling wifi hotspot

Setting:

• Laptop, WIndows 10, Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
    • WSL2 installed with Debian
    • WLAN connection
    • WIFI hotspot enabled

Result:

For some reason the firewall blocks all outgoing requests when the wifi hotspot isenabled, example: sudo apt update is unable to connect.

When wifi hotspot is disabled then sudo apt update works as expected. In other words outgoing request are allowed.

Question:

How can I fix this? Which setting is required by the Firewall, if at all?

How can I use my current setting and make outgoing request using WSL2?

:)

PLAK3, Nov 13, 2020
  2. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Nov 13, 2020
  3. WSL2 for windows

I have failed into installing WSL for Windows. I have read here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win.../install-win10 how to do it, and at step 4:

1. Download the latest package:
      [COLOR=var(--text)][COLOR=var(--info-dark)] Note[/COLOR]
      If you're using an ARM64 machine, please download the ARM64 package instead. If you're not sure what kind of machine you have, open Command Prompt or PowerShell and enter: systeminfo | find "System Type".
      [/COLOR]
    2. Run the update package downloaded in the previous step. (Double-click to run - you will be prompted for elevated permissions, select ‘yes’ to approve this installation.)

I encountered:

WSL2, outgoing requests are not allowed/working after enabling wifi hotspot [​IMG]

and

WSL2, outgoing requests are not allowed/working after enabling wifi hotspot [​IMG]

What I did wrong ? I have the following W10 version:

Another question: am I in the the right forum ?

mesajflaviu, Nov 13, 2020
  4. WSL2, outgoing requests are not allowed/working after enabling wifi hotspot

Enable Hotspot by CMD

I meant the Windows 10's Mobile Hotspot. And I had mentioned that I'm not referring to the hostednetwork, the link shared is using the hostednetork which not what I'm looking for.

lucifer9393, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

WSL2, outgoing requests are not allowed/working after enabling wifi hotspot

1. WSL2, outgoing requests are not allowed/working after enabling wifi hotspot - Similar Threads - WSL2 outgoing requests

2. Ethernet not working if i enable hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet not working if i enable hotspot: My issue is, I am working in an office where we are connected to a LAN network. The internet is provided by Ethernet connection, so we just used to start our hotspot and use wifi on our mobile phones. I am getting issue from last 2 weeks. When we start the hotspot, the...
  3. Ethernet not working if i enable hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet not working if i enable hotspot: My issue is, I am working in an office where we are connected to a LAN network. The internet is provided by Ethernet connection, so we just used to start our hotspot and use wifi on our mobile phones. I am getting issue from last 2 weeks. When we start the hotspot, the...
  4. Enable Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable Hotspot: How to Enable Hotspot that hidden , note that hotspot is disabled by Admin , are there is a solution ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-hotspot/988fcf49-90a2-4b9e-92b3-b7817c50722d
  5. Enable Hotspot

Enable Hotspot: How to Enable Hotspot that hidden , note that hotspot is disabled by Admin , are there is a solution ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-hotspot/988fcf49-90a2-4b9e-92b3-b7817c50722d
  6. wifi hotspot not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi hotspot not working: my wifi properties /sharing/home network connection/ is only showing one option which is ethernet. .y cant i get any other options to choose from//?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-hotspot-not-working/1012b8c4-fa2b-4404-ab83-fa3d2941c418
  7. wifi hotspot not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi hotspot not working: my wifi properties /sharing/home network connection/ is only showing one option which is ethernet. .y cant i get any other options to choose from//?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-hotspot-not-working/1012b8c4-fa2b-4404-ab83-fa3d2941c418
  8. wifi hotspot not working

9. Hotspot wifi not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hotspot wifi not working: Hi, It has been a few months since I can't use my laptop as a mobile hotspot, and the last Windows update didn't fix it. When I try to share either Ethernet or Wi-Fi connection, no one can't connect to the Wi-Fi. I tested with android and iPhone devices and none of the...
  10. Enabling Insider to get WSL2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Enabling Insider to get WSL2: I just got a new laptop, and when I try to enable Insider builds, the Settings app loops on the "Register" flow. I know my account is already registered for Insider as I have Insider builds on my desktop computer. Furthermore when I log into my account on the web it says I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wsl2 not connecting to hotspot