Windows 10: WSL2 & VMWare compatibility issues

Discus and support WSL2 & VMWare compatibility issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After upgrading to WSL2 (which seems to enable Hyper-V features through the "Virtual Machine Platform" features, even if "Windows Hypervisor Platform"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hrefamid, Jun 11, 2020.

1. WSL2 & VMWare compatibility issues

After upgrading to WSL2 (which seems to enable Hyper-V features through the "Virtual Machine Platform" features, even if "Windows Hypervisor Platform" is left unchecked), I haven't been able to run VMWare, getting the error "VMware Workstation and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible". Resolution to this problem points toward disabling Hyper-V, which seem to conflict with the WSL2 installation.

Any way around this without removing WSL2?

Have you experienced this issue?

Additional info:

Windows 10 Home Version 2004

Hyper-V services are present but not running

"Virtualisation-based security" is running in System Information

submitted by /u/hrefamid
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hrefamid, Jun 11, 2020

2. Disk usage 100% when run vmware on windows 10

Hello,

I request you to try running the VMware with admin rights.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on VMware.
    • Select Run as administrator.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 11, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

WSL2 & VMWare compatibility issues

Error: device credential guard are not compatible when launching VMware after installing KB4515871 update

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you get an error “device credential guard are not compatible” when launching VMware after installing KB4515871 update on the computer.

We would suggest you to try disabling Hyper-V by using the following command and see if that helps.

1. Type Command Prompt in the
      search bar
      on the Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the Command Prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter:
      bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off

4. Restart the computer.

However, we do have a dedicated forum for issues concerning to VMware and Virtual Machines, let me point you in the right direction, where you may get further assistance, if the issue persists. I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have support
    professionals to address your query.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

WSL2 & VMWare compatibility issues

1. WSL2 & VMWare compatibility issues - Similar Threads - WSL2 VMWare compatibility

2. Windows compatibility with 3rd party software VMware Fusion?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows compatibility with 3rd party software VMware Fusion?: I am a notary who currently uses a MacBook Air : macOS High Sierra, Version10.13.6. I also have "VMware Fusion" installed to be able to run Windows.QUESTION: Will I be creating "compatibility problems" if when prompted I make suggested software upgrades and Apple updates,...
  3. VMware Player not compatible

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware Player not compatible: Upgrading to 2004 and received this popup: [img] Works fine in 1903 167921
  4. Weird SSH issue with WSL2 and WSL1

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird SSH issue with WSL2 and WSL1: Hello all, So this is something that has been bugging me for a while now. I have this situation where I connect using SSH: My_Computer --SSH-> ServerA --SSH-> ServerB The connection to ServerA is done with public key auth, and the connection from ServerA to ServerB is...
  5. How to deal with the WSL2 and VMware/VBox situation?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to deal with the WSL2 and VMware/VBox situation?: Hello, I've recently tried build 19041 on my main PC, mainly for the speed gain of WSL2, but since I still like to use some virtual machines I quickly noticed that using VMware or even VBox isnt really working out when WSL2/Hyper-V is enabled - Even the version 6.1 of VBox...
  6. VMware Player and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware Player and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible: I have this error with vmware w. player 15.5, is this a bug and, if possible, what does it means? Thanks! BTW this happens if I enable "core isolation", I understand core isolation is necessary to avoid hardware bugs in intel cpu. 142004
  7. compatibility issues

compatibility issues: Hello, Microsoft. I bring you a question which is also a request. But I beg you beforehand that you don't take my words wrong, as a form of abuse from my part. I would like to ask you if there is any form of loss that you would suffer if the previous versions of Windows...
  8. VMware Workstation and Hyper-V are not compatible

in Windows 10 News
    VMware Workstation and Hyper-V are not compatible: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you have enabled Hyper-V previously and you are trying to install VMware or any other virtual machine creator, you may confront an error – VMware Workstation and Hyper-V are not compatible. Users face such an issue since Windows 10 [...] This post VMware...
  9. SandBox and VMware issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SandBox and VMware issue: Hi, I like the new Sandbox feature of Windows 10 1903 build and it is awesome by trying the new files without infecting the whole system. But I have the problem of connecting it to the internet and always disconnected. I changed the adapter settings so many times but with...
  10. Compatibility Issue

Compatibility Issue: I am hoping someone can help me. I right click on my game icon on my desktop and properties then compatibility tab and it only goes up to windows 8 only. I have windows 10 home. I am trying to play a game that requires windows 10. I cannot change this. I cannot play. State...