Windows 10: WSL2

Discus and support WSL2 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello thereI've been trying to make wsl2 work on my surface pro 5 but I find myself unable to make sense of the range of suggestions from forums.The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IsmiIssi, Oct 19, 2021.

1. IsmiIssi Win User

WSL2

Hello thereI've been trying to make wsl2 work on my surface pro 5 but I find myself unable to make sense of the range of suggestions from forums.The problem is that wsl can't connect to the internet, and so far I've tried to change the wsl.conf file according to this description https://ridicurious.com/2019/07/25/setup-wsl-launch-configuration-wsl-conf/, and I've tried to manually change the /etc/resolv.conf to 8.8.8.8 and localhost, but it doesn't change anything.How can I resolve this problem?Thanks in advance[moved from de-de Surface forum]

:)

IsmiIssi, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

WSL2

1. WSL2 - Similar Threads - WSL2

2. Required guidance on building a kernel module like v4l2loopback on WSL2 and how to access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Required guidance on building a kernel module like v4l2loopback on WSL2 and how to access...: I have the source code of v4l2loopback kernel module that works in Ubuntu 20 in a laptop. Now I am trying to compile the same code in Ubuntu 20 but inside WSL2. For that I am using this:make -C /lib/modules/$shell uname -r/build M=$PWD modulesThe problem is that /lib/module/...
  3. Required guidance on building a kernel module like v4l2loopback on WSL2 and how to access...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Required guidance on building a kernel module like v4l2loopback on WSL2 and how to access...: I have the source code of v4l2loopback kernel module that works in Ubuntu 20 in a laptop. Now I am trying to compile the same code in Ubuntu 20 but inside WSL2. For that I am using this:make -C /lib/modules/$shell uname -r/build M=$PWD modulesThe problem is that /lib/module/...
  4. Required guidance on building a kernel module like v4l2loopback on WSL2 and how to access...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. WSL2 not working: WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80070424

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL2 not working: WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80070424: I had wsl2 perfectly working and suddenly didn't work anymore displaying following message:Installing, this may take a few minutes... WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80070424 Error: 0x80070424 The specified service does not exist as an installed service. Press...
  6. WSL2 not working: WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80070424

WSL2 not working: WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80070424: I had wsl2 perfectly working and suddenly didn't work anymore displaying following message:Installing, this may take a few minutes... WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80070424 Error: 0x80070424 The specified service does not exist as an installed service. Press...
  7. bonjour à tous ! j'ai un problème , j'ai déjà un compte linux avec WSL2 mais j'ai...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bonjour à tous ! j'ai un problème , j'ai déjà un compte linux avec WSL2 mais j'ai...: bonjour à tous ! j'ai un problème , j'ai déjà un compte linux avec WSL2 mais j'ai désinstaller l'application et je veux me reconnecter mais voilà ce qui s'affiche et j'ai aussi oublié mon mot de passe....
  8. bonjour à tous ! j'ai un problème , j'ai déjà un compte linux avec WSL2 mais j'ai...

bonjour à tous ! j'ai un problème , j'ai déjà un compte linux avec WSL2 mais j'ai...: bonjour à tous ! j'ai un problème , j'ai déjà un compte linux avec WSL2 mais j'ai désinstaller l'application et je veux me reconnecter mais voilà ce qui s'affiche et j'ai aussi oublié mon mot de passe....
  9. Unable to open web browser in WSL2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open web browser in WSL2: Failed to execute default web browser in WSL2.kindly help me to fix the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-web-browser-in-wsl2/5808d1ff-57e9-4fc7-b0c3-111d40c86ef5
  10. Unable to open web browser in WSL2

Unable to open web browser in WSL2: Failed to execute default web browser in WSL2.kindly help me to fix the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-web-browser-in-wsl2/5808d1ff-57e9-4fc7-b0c3-111d40c86ef5