Windows 10: WSR Macros for 10

Discus and support WSR Macros for 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Microsoft website for downloading Windows Speech Recognition Macros shows the supported operating system as Windows Vista. Windows 10 is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chazz, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Chazz Win User

WSR Macros for 10

The Microsoft website for downloading Windows Speech Recognition Macros shows the supported operating system as Windows Vista. Windows 10 is not listed. Nevertheless WSR Macros can be downloaded and installed, but it won't open in Windows 10 Home edition. Others have seen the same situation. The response from Microsoft last year was that we are all too stupid to find the icon in the tray. When I click on the icon I get a choice of moving it, seeing the properties, or opening it. Selecting OPEN results in nothing. Is there a version of WSR Macros for Windows 10? If so, where can it be found?

:)

Chazz, Mar 6, 2017
  2. eskimod Win User

Windows Speech Recognition

MartinMarkoeWSR,

Thank you for your ray of hope. Since I believe my initial profile is corrupted by ambient noise that accompanied my commands, do you also know of a way to delete the profile so I can re-create it via the tutorial and the re-training exercise? Also, are
    you saying that if I look for the strings "WSR macros PDF file" and "WSR toolkit", that I will find the resources you suggest? (I was kinda hoping for a URL, but no worries, I'll do the search).

eskimod, Mar 6, 2017
  3. WSRMarkoe Win User
    dictation on windows speech recognition too hard and difficult

Google speech on my Smartphone is excellent. However, WSR, Windows Speech Recognition, in Word is almost as good for me. WSR is easier to use to make corrections as it is done by voice not with the little keyboard on the phone. I can also easily create voice
    executed macros to enter large blocks of repeatable text using the free WSRMacros. It is also easy to navigate the desktop and Internet using the Show Numbers command.

Having said the above there are certain things necessary for high accuracy with WSR. First you must have a good microphone. The microphones built into notebook computers often pick up background noise and are less forgiving when you turn your head slightly
    or move closer or further from the unit. A good noise cancelling close talk USB microphone will likely help and are generally not expensive. The next thing that will improve accuracy is to ensure you enunciate each word clearly.

WSR learns when you correct mistakes. It helps if you make corrections in context by selecting the 2 or 3 words around the mistake when you make the correction. This is because WSR uses groups of words in its programming. Think of these two sentences and
    why the words before and after help decode the homonyms:

1. Two boys went to see a doctor because they ate too much food.

2. They're going to park their car over there.

One last thing, always start WSR before Microsoft Word.

Marty Markoe, MyMSSpeech.com

PS. My name and web site above is a macro as I use it all the time.

WSRMarkoe, Mar 6, 2017
Thema:

WSR Macros for 10

1. WSR Macros for 10 - Similar Threads - WSR Macros

2. How can I tell if the Windows Defender warning about an Excel macro file is correct?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I tell if the Windows Defender warning about an Excel macro file is correct?: I have a library of Excel macros in an xlam file. I have not touched the file for over a year, during which time I have had three different antivirus packages installed and none of them identified a problem with the file. Today I wanted to email the file to someone else and...
  3. How can I tell if the Windows Defender warning about an Excel macro file is correct?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I tell if the Windows Defender warning about an Excel macro file is correct?: I have a library of Excel macros in an xlam file. I have not touched the file for over a year, during which time I have had three different antivirus packages installed and none of them identified a problem with the file. Today I wanted to email the file to someone else and...
  4. How can I tell if the Windows Defender warning about an Excel macro file is correct?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Lenovo laptop numeric pad 3,6,9 always run macro commands even though after clean...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Lenovo laptop numeric pad 3,6,9 always run macro commands even though after clean...: My Lenovo laptop numeric pad 3,6,9 always run macro commands even though after clean install OS. What can I do next? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-lenovo-laptop-numeric-pad-369-always-run-macro/8eb2ae87-ef34-4c4c-814e-2c3a3b14d182
  6. My Lenovo laptop numeric pad 3,6,9 always run macro commands even though after clean...

My Lenovo laptop numeric pad 3,6,9 always run macro commands even though after clean...: My Lenovo laptop numeric pad 3,6,9 always run macro commands even though after clean install OS. What can I do next? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-lenovo-laptop-numeric-pad-369-always-run-macro/8eb2ae87-ef34-4c4c-814e-2c3a3b14d182
  7. Having problems with very simple VBA Excel Macros: Command Buttons do not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having problems with very simple VBA Excel Macros: Command Buttons do not work: Hello !!!Could this be the cause of Command Buttons not working in VBA Excel?The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239} and APPID...
  8. Having problems with very simple VBA Excel Macros: Command Buttons do not work

Having problems with very simple VBA Excel Macros: Command Buttons do not work: Hello !!!Could this be the cause of Command Buttons not working in VBA Excel?The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239} and APPID...
  9. Windows Speech Recognition Macros WSR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Speech Recognition Macros WSR: Hey, is there any way to get this program for Windows 10? Seems the old download is now gone and I used this for gaming to make some things voice activated. Pretty sad I can't figure out a way to do it anymore....
  10. Windows Speech Recognition Macros WSR

Windows Speech Recognition Macros WSR: Hey, is there any way to get this program for Windows 10? Seems the old download is now gone and I used this for gaming to make some things voice activated. Pretty sad I can't figure out a way to do it anymore....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will WSRMacros work in win 10