Windows 10: WSReset Shortcut

Discus and support WSReset Shortcut in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've just "discovered something that might interest people, that often have problems with the Universal Apps. I was browsing through the system32... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cliff S, May 22, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

WSReset Shortcut

I've just "discovered something that might interest people, that often have problems with the Universal Apps. I was browsing through the system32 folder looking for icons to theme, and stumbled upon the WSReset.exe. Normally you run this either by typing it in the Run Dialog or in File Explorer's address bar. I right clicked the icon in sýstem32 and you can pin it to start or the taskbar.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html

Attachment 19691Attachment 19692

:)

Cliff S, May 22, 2015

2. WSReset

I tried but it said windows does not recognize manifest

SteveFosticz, May 22, 2015
  3. WSReset

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

Please try the following:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type Powershell
    • Type the following in the Powershell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
    • Close the Powershell window

Then Reboot.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, I will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, May 22, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

WSReset Shortcut

Thanks!

Cliff S, May 22, 2015
Thema:

WSReset Shortcut

1. WSReset Shortcut - Similar Threads - WSReset Shortcut

2. copy command in an unattend file to just copy shortcuts to the desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    copy command in an unattend file to just copy shortcuts to the desktop: Hello All, I have created a new image for our laptops that we are deploying out. In this new image I would like to copy two shortcuts to the local administrator's desktop. I have the administrator's account to be set to active under the 4 specialize section of the answer...
  3. ethernet shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ethernet shortcut: I put an ethernet shortcut on my desktop and there is only an enable selection, no disable, until I open the location then disable appears on the shortcut. please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-shortcut/a7029e73-d6a3-430d-b6d4-781d1c519ddf
  4. All my shortcuts switched to word documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my shortcuts switched to word documents: I logged into to my computer yesterday and noticed all of my shortcuts are now word documents. The word documents all contain a string of numbers and letters and that's it. I tried to make another shortcut for a new program and it to shows up as a word document.Almost all of...
  5. Microsoft Store not installing game, WSreset not working/pausing forever

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store not installing game, WSreset not working/pausing forever: The one time the install button managed to work, I left the PC on overnight to install and woke up to the error message: 0x80080005 I have tried wsreset.exe but it stayed open for 50 minutes without anything happening. Currently my game is stuck on "Starting download..."...
  6. All Apps Crashing on Startup -- Windows Reset, wsreset, Powershell, etc. don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Apps Crashing on Startup -- Windows Reset, wsreset, Powershell, etc. don't work: I've had a problem with apps not working and/or crashing on startup for about a week now. I've tried: -Re-registering all apps via PowerShell -Using wsreset -Updating Windows -Resetting Windows while keeping personal files ~4 times by now -Resetting Microsoft Store...
  7. I need help as the windows store wont update itself or its apps and also when I use wsreset...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help as the windows store wont update itself or its apps and also when I use wsreset...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Somenerd1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gamw6c/i_need_help_as_the_windows_store_wont_update/
  8. After doing WSRESET, my store app still isnt in menu start!

After doing WSRESET, my store app still isnt in menu start!: I literally have to do WSReset every time I want something from Store. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_games/after-doing-wsreset-my-store-app-still-isnt-in/1123b74d-4987-44ab-9940-94b6059bdcdb
  9. Windows Store error code 0x80072efd; wsreset doesn't fix

Windows Store error code 0x80072efd; wsreset doesn't fix: Windows Store does not/has never worked since upgrading to Windows 10. When opened it says "The server stumbled. We all have bad days. Refresh the page." Error code 0x80072efd at bottom of page. Refreshing page merely repeats the same message. Scoured the web for fixes,...
  10. WSReset purge cache issue

WSReset purge cache issue: Here's my setup. I have three accounts, a local admin, an MS account, and a local standard user. I can't run Windows Store properly on my MS account, while it runs fine on the local standard user. A window just briefly flashes before closing. I deleted the MS account, then...