Windows 10: WSReset Shortcut

Discus and support WSReset Shortcut in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've just "discovered something that might interest people, that often have problems with the Universal Apps. I was browsing through the system32... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cliff S, May 22, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

WSReset Shortcut

I've just "discovered something that might interest people, that often have problems with the Universal Apps. I was browsing through the system32 folder looking for icons to theme, and stumbled upon the WSReset.exe. Normally you run this either by typing it in the Run Dialog or in File Explorer's address bar. I right clicked the icon in sýstem32 and you can pin it to start or the taskbar.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html

Attachment 19691Attachment 19692

:)

Cliff S, May 22, 2015

2. WSReset

I tried but it said windows does not recognize manifest

SteveFosticz, May 22, 2015
  3. WSReset

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

Please try the following:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type Powershell
    • Type the following in the Powershell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
    • Close the Powershell window

Then Reboot.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, I will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, May 22, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

WSReset Shortcut

Thanks!

Cliff S, May 22, 2015
Thema:

WSReset Shortcut

1. WSReset Shortcut - Similar Threads - WSReset Shortcut

2. My microsoft store doesn't open, and when i run the Wsreset command it says "error...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My microsoft store doesn't open, and when i run the Wsreset command it says "error...: This problem only started recently as this computer previously was able to execute store apps and i still have multiple downloaded but none of them work...
  3. My microsoft store doesn't open, and when i run the Wsreset command it says "error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microsoft store doesn't open, and when i run the Wsreset command it says "error...: This problem only started recently as this computer previously was able to execute store apps and i still have multiple downloaded but none of them work...
  4. My microsoft store doesn't open, and when i run the Wsreset command it says "error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. [SOLVED] Microsoft store and mail app won't open, wsreset gives the error "the app didn't...

[SOLVED] Microsoft store and mail app won't open, wsreset gives the error "the app didn't...: So yesterday my computer had some corrupt files that it couldn't fix and had to do an update but it wouldnt let me do it so i used the update assistant. I fixed the corrupt files and everything was working fine. Today i tried to open the mail app, it opened but closed back...
  6. Microsoft store and mail app won't open, wsreset says gives the error "the app didn't start"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store and mail app won't open, wsreset says gives the error "the app didn't start": So yesterday my computer had some corrupt files that it couldn't fix and had to do an update but it wouldnt let me do it so i used the update assistant. I fixed the corrupt files and everything was working fine. Today i tried to open the mail app, it opened but closed back...
  7. Microsoft store and mail app won't open, wsreset says gives the error "the app didn't start"

Microsoft store and mail app won't open, wsreset says gives the error "the app didn't start": So yesterday my computer had some corrupt files that it couldn't fix and had to do an update but it wouldnt let me do it so i used the update assistant. I fixed the corrupt files and everything was working fine. Today i tried to open the mail app, it opened but closed back...
  8. Microsoft store and mail app won't open, wsreset says gives the error "the app didn't start"

9. File System Error -2147219195 when using wsreset or opening photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File System Error -2147219195 when using wsreset or opening photos: Originally I was attempting to solve a problem where I would get File System Error -2147219195 when opening the photos app. One of the solutions I tried was to use powershell to uninstall the photos app and then reinstall it through the Microsoft store. However, the Microsoft...
  10. File System Error -2147219195 when using wsreset or opening photos

File System Error -2147219195 when using wsreset or opening photos: Originally I was attempting to solve a problem where I would get File System Error -2147219195 when opening the photos app. One of the solutions I tried was to use powershell to uninstall the photos app and then reinstall it through the Microsoft store. However, the Microsoft...