Windows 10: WSUS and Windows 10

Discus and support WSUS and Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I'm using a GPO to control when patches are applied to my PC's. When I go and check the W10 PCs, I select check for updates, it shows a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Birdman_Engineer, Aug 21, 2019.

1. WSUS and Windows 10

Hello

I'm using a GPO to control when patches are applied to my PC's. When I go and check the W10 PCs, I select check for updates, it shows a "Retry" button and when I hit "Retry" it downloads and installs the patches, no problem. This is consistent with all W10 PC's. In the GPO I have selected "4-Auto Download and schedule the Install" and "Install During Automatic Maintenance" set for 13:00 hours. All PC's are powered up at 1PM.

RSC

Thanks in advance.

:)

Birdman_Engineer, Aug 21, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 21, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    The WSUS support thread

This thread is for all things WSUS (Windows Server Update Services). Discussion, installation questions, problems all go here.

What is WSUS? It's basically a big file cache for all your Windows/Microsoft updates, so all your updates are only ever downloaded over the internet once. Instead of getting your updates directly from Microsoft whenever you reinstall your operating system, you point Windows to your local WSUS server instead. This makes downloading the multi-gigabytes of updates way faster using your internal network and also saves your internet bandwidth, which is often metered and limited.

Note that it requires Windows Server to run. I recommend running the latest Server 2008 R2 for performance, stability and security, if you can. This is a 64-bit only OS. And yes, the server can update from it's own WSUS server too. *Cool WSUS and Windows 10 :cool:

I've got links to a few resources below and I'll be adding more goodness to this post and the next one, as people make useful contributions to this thread.

Some WSUS resources to get you started:

The manual: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd939796(WS.10).aspx

WSUS home: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/default.aspx

WSUS forum: Technet forums - WSUS

WSUS wiki: www.wsuswiki.com

POINTING WINDOWS TO THE WSUS SERVER

Note that this procedure is all you have to do on Vista and 7. XP requires a little extra and the whole update process isn't as transparent or efficient.

- Click the Orb at the bottom left of the desktop aka 'Start' button
    - In the search field enter GPEDIT.MSC
    - In the Local Group Policy Editor (LGPE) console that appears, navigate to: Computer configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update
    - Double click the Specify Intranet Microsoft update service location Group Policy setting. Note that Not Configured is showing in the State column

WSUS and Windows 10 WSUSsetup01.png

- The dialog box opens. Note that the Not Configured radio button is selected

WSUS and Windows 10 WSUSsetup02.png

- Enter the server details, by clicking the Enabled radio button and entering the same details in both Options fields. The server's name is the standard Windows name. My server is called afterburner *Smile WSUS and Windows 10 :)

WSUS and Windows 10 WSUSsetup03.png

- Click OK. The main LGPE window now looks like below. Note that Enabled is now showing in the State column.

WSUS and Windows 10 WSUSsetup04.png

- Close the LGPE window

- Open the Windows Update window. It should now show You receive updates: Managed by your system administrator

WSUS and Windows 10 WSUSsetup05.png

Now, whenever you check for updates, Windows will access your WSUS server instead of looking over the internet to Microsoft's servers.
    If you want to change it back at an time, simply change the Group Policy setting back to Not Configured.

qubit, Aug 21, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

WSUS and Windows 10

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

WSUS and Windows 10

1. WSUS and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - WSUS

2. WSUS Dual Scan - HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSUS Dual Scan - HELP: Just trying to see if anyone can help me with this issue. I have set up a dual scan in our system but I keep getting 0x8024002e when trying to manually look for the update.When I change the registry value of “DisableWindowsUpdateAccess” manually to 0, then everything works...
  3. WSUS Dual Scan - HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSUS Dual Scan - HELP: Just trying to see if anyone can help me with this issue. I have set up a dual scan in our system but I keep getting 0x8024002e when trying to manually look for the update.When I change the registry value of “DisableWindowsUpdateAccess” manually to 0, then everything works...
  4. WSUS Dual Scan - HELP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. WSUS not pushing out windows 10 22h2 feature update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSUS not pushing out windows 10 22h2 feature update: trying to use wsus to push out windows 10 22h2 update from windows 10 21h2 through wsus not able to approve kb5015878 as it does not exist so not able to get machines to pick up the feature pack any ideas what we can do to enable this update to install and bring it up to the...
  6. WSUS not pushing out windows 10 22h2 feature update

WSUS not pushing out windows 10 22h2 feature update: trying to use wsus to push out windows 10 22h2 update from windows 10 21h2 through wsus not able to approve kb5015878 as it does not exist so not able to get machines to pick up the feature pack any ideas what we can do to enable this update to install and bring it up to the...
  7. WSUS not pushing out windows 10 22h2 feature update

8. Is there a way to use WSUS and SCCM without internet connection? We have a system that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to use WSUS and SCCM without internet connection? We have a system that...: Is there a way to use WSUS and SCCM without internet connection? We have a system that doesn't have any access to the internet, looking for a work around....
  9. Is there a way to use WSUS and SCCM without internet connection? We have a system that...

Is there a way to use WSUS and SCCM without internet connection? We have a system that...: Is there a way to use WSUS and SCCM without internet connection? We have a system that doesn't have any access to the internet, looking for a work around....
  10. Is there a way to use WSUS and SCCM without internet connection? We have a system that...