Windows 10: WSUS Server

Discus and support WSUS Server in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have a WSUS server Windows server 2012 r2.Some of the client windows 10 machines are showing not yet reported status.What is the issue?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Viyana Semaratne, Jul 20, 2022.

1. WSUS Server

Hi, I have a WSUS server Windows server 2012 r2.Some of the client windows 10 machines are showing not yet reported status.What is the issue?

:)

Viyana Semaratne, Jul 20, 2022
  2. CraigV75 Win User

WSUS - Servers not reporting in

Hi All,

I am busy with WSUS in a lab running off my laptop. Details are as follows:

1. 1 x Domain Controller running Windows Server 2019
    2. 1 x WSUS Server running Windows Server 2019
    3. 1 x Windows Server 2016 VM

I've installed WSUS on #2 and it's busy downloading updates I have selected. However, try as I might, I cannot get the other 2 servers to report in. Further information:

• All firewalls are disabled;
    • I can ping via name/IP successfully;
    • I can successfully run nslookup;
    • I cannot browse the http://servername:8530 site (in spite of generating the SS;
    • 2 GPOs were created (one for Test, one for PRD) and linked/enabled on the domain;
    • WSUS Service running on the other 2 VMs.

What can I check to ensure that this works? The GPOs are applied, but do I need OUs within AD itself and the servers placed in those, or is leaving them in the default container fine for now? Like I said, it's for test purposes, but I obviously need to get
    it running for further trials/tests I'd like to do.

Thanks!

Craig

CraigV75, Jul 20, 2022
  3. WSUS Manual Entry

Odd question for MS Experts.

I have a WSUS environment, and 99% of my servers report to it. This makes it very useful as a list of servers and workstations. But there are 1% of our servers that are in the DMZ or off network. I want to use the list of my WSUS computers to know what
    computers need to be patched, so they don't get forgotten.

These 1% never have to actually talk to WSUS, just appear in the list of computers so a human knows they exist.

How can I manually add a computer to the WSUS Server?

Can I manually manipulate the DB (Full SQL), and if so, how?

BlankMonkey, Jul 20, 2022
  4. WSUS Server

WSUS Backup Server

Hi Guys,

One of my customer wants Secondary Server for WSUS Server Similar to Secondary ( Backup ) Active Directory in case of Failure.

Consider a scenario : There are two WSUS Server on same network One is active and other is Redundant(Cold Spare or Backup). Widows Update Patches are received from Upstream Server. Both will be synchronized simultaneously . When Active Fails due to Power
    or Server Failure then Redundant as to come in to action until other is recovered.

Can we provide such solution . If yes can anyone explain how and If not tell me best solution like WSUS Database backup etc.

Note : All are physical servers no virtualization.

Sandesh Karunakar, Jul 20, 2022
Thema:

WSUS Server

1. WSUS Server - Similar Threads - WSUS Server

2. can anyone says, how to exclude a client from WSUS server policy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can anyone says, how to exclude a client from WSUS server policy?: I want to exclude a windows 11 machine connected to a WSUS server! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-says-how-to-exclude-a-client-from-wsus/04a43632-d8ef-43ee-be27-518394b5c32c
  3. can anyone says, how to exclude a client from WSUS server policy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can anyone says, how to exclude a client from WSUS server policy?: I want to exclude a windows 11 machine connected to a WSUS server! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-says-how-to-exclude-a-client-from-wsus/04a43632-d8ef-43ee-be27-518394b5c32c
  4. Upgrades to Windows 11 22H2, 23H2 from the WSUS Server do not work stucks in the company

Upgrades to Windows 11 22H2, 23H2 from the WSUS Server do not work stucks in the company: Hi, I am the administrator of the WSUS server in the company, all security patches, cumulative patches, etc. work correctly, and when I approve upgrades to Win11 in the console for example, "Windows 11, version 22H2 x64 2023-11B" or 2023-10B, 23H2-11B, whatever, they are not...
  5. Upgrades to Windows 11 22H2, 23H2 from the WSUS Server do not work stucks in the company

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrades to Windows 11 22H2, 23H2 from the WSUS Server do not work stucks in the company: Hi, I am the administrator of the WSUS server in the company, all security patches, cumulative patches, etc. work correctly, and when I approve upgrades to Win11 in the console for example, "Windows 11, version 22H2 x64 2023-11B" or 2023-10B, 23H2-11B, whatever, they are not...
  6. How WSUS to a new server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How WSUS to a new server: Hello everyone,I have a WSUS running on a Windows server 2012R2 with a WID db, and I wanna move it to a new server running 2019.How can we move/migrate wsus database wid to the new server and connect it? Is this possible?Thanks regards...
  7. How WSUS to a new server

How WSUS to a new server: Hello everyone,I have a WSUS running on a Windows server 2012R2 with a WID db, and I wanna move it to a new server running 2019.How can we move/migrate wsus database wid to the new server and connect it? Is this possible?Thanks regards...
  8. How WSUS to a new server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. windows server 2016 WSUS -Reset server nodes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows server 2016 WSUS -Reset server nodes: windows server 2016 WSUS getting connection error while selecting All updates .cant able to approve/decline the updates to the client PCs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-server-2016-wsus-reset-server-nodes/b9cebbda-eafc-454e-ac43-456b959be724
  10. windows server 2016 WSUS -Reset server nodes

windows server 2016 WSUS -Reset server nodes: windows server 2016 WSUS getting connection error while selecting All updates .cant able to approve/decline the updates to the client PCs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-server-2016-wsus-reset-server-nodes/b9cebbda-eafc-454e-ac43-456b959be724