Windows 10: WSUS updates and defender definition updates problem with W10 LTBS 1607

Discus and support WSUS updates and defender definition updates problem with W10 LTBS 1607 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Environment A number of windows 10 PRO are running and WSUS properly provides updates for them. Recently a number of Dell 5070 WES clients... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Al2020s, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Al2020s Win User

WSUS updates and defender definition updates problem with W10 LTBS 1607

Hello,

Environment

A number of windows 10 PRO are running and WSUS properly provides updates for them.

Recently a number of Dell 5070 WES clients with preinstalled W10 IOT (current version is W10 LTBS 1607 Enterprise edition) have been deployed.

Settings for WSUS

In products list:

In addition to other W10 editions selected W10, W10 LTBS and a number of other versions. I also selected Windows Defender.

In classification:
    Selected Critical Updates, Definition Updates, Security Updates, Service Packs, Updates Rollups, Upgrades.

Definitions updates are set to be automatically approved.

W10 LTBS updates and definitions

WSUS recognizes Wyse 5070 devices as Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTBS but It does not show any current failed/needed updates for these devices Defender defenitions updates are not being deployed.

Online updates with Microsoft does work: patches/updates can be downloaded and installed and defender definitions are applied automatically.

:)

Al2020s, Mar 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 1607 Not DetectingUpdate via WSUS

Hello,

I have the same problem. I have 44 computers connected to the wsus. 19 of them are 1607 with manually applied patch KB3189866. After this patch I am able to download all approved updates from WSUS (Windows
    2012 R2 with WSUS + all updates) except the Windows defender definitions update. All computers with windows ver 1511 are updated normally.

On 1607 the defender update every time end with this error>

Definition update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (definition 1.227.2357.0) – error 0x80070643

The only one way how to update defender on Windows 1607 is the use offline definition update?

Stanislav Melichar, Mar 8, 2019
  3. defender not auto updating definitions after Anniversary Update 1607

Defender not auto updating definitions after Anniversary Update 1607. I can manually update defender definitions.

TPeterson1st, Mar 8, 2019
  4. FredWall Win User

Windows Defender Definition Updates.

Thank you Elba for the prompt reply. However, there is a problem: In "Control Panel" under the "Programs and Features" page > "View Installed Updates" the " Windows Defender Definition Updates" are NOT listed. Consequently, I cannot delete/uninstall them.
    The same thing happens when I use "Settings" >" Updates & Security" > "View Update History". Here the Definition Updates are all listed but I can't uninstall them either. Any other suggestions?

Thanks again, Fred

FredWall, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

1. WSUS updates and defender definition updates problem with W10 LTBS 1607 - Similar Threads - WSUS updates defender

2. WSUS and Definition Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSUS and Definition Updates: In an environment that uses an application such as Citrix or Horizon and the machines are temporary and therefore do not auto patch through WSUS base image is patched on a regular basis but Defender updates are needed is the proper configuration within WSUS to auto approve...
  3. WSUS and Definition Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSUS and Definition Updates: In an environment that uses an application such as Citrix or Horizon and the machines are temporary and therefore do not auto patch through WSUS base image is patched on a regular basis but Defender updates are needed is the proper configuration within WSUS to auto approve...
  4. WSUS and Definition Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Defender - UPDATE DEFINITIONS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender - UPDATE DEFINITIONS: For well over a year now, Defender has not auto-updated Definitions. I must manually select Update Definitions. Can someone tell me how to fix this? Thank you....
  6. definition updates for defender

definition updates for defender: i have had 8 of these in one day was wondering if something is wrong 121010
  7. definition updates for defender

in Windows 10 Support
    definition updates for defender: i have had 8 of these in one day was wondering if something is wrong 121010
  8. Updating Defender Definitions.

Updating Defender Definitions.: can't update the definition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/updating-defender-definitions/01d2f8f4-51bd-48f3-b7d7-03f00f5c959d
  9. updated to W10 1607 and have a bitdefender problem

updated to W10 1607 and have a bitdefender problem: After updating to W10 anniversary, all seemed to go successfully. Now my AV program Bitdefender 2016 Total Security is stuck in game mode. I have been unable to go back to autopilot. I do NOT game on my computer and have so far got nothing back from Bitdefender support. It's...
  10. 1607 WSUS server updates - possibly not working?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1607 WSUS server updates - possibly not working?: Hey guys, Being the IT guy at work, I upgraded myself (actually did a fresh reinstall) to Windows 10 Enterprise build 1607. Hoping I could find any potential problems before the rest of the company gets it - they're still on 1511. We have a Windows Server Update...