Windows 10: WSUS - WIN 10 patches how can i split the files to push out on the network ?

Discus and support WSUS - WIN 10 patches how can i split the files to push out on the network ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am inexperienced sysadmin, i am currently managing the WSUS application for updates ( Win7 + Win10 ) we work on a thin client network with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stephen Burton, Feb 1, 2019.

1. WSUS - WIN 10 patches how can i split the files to push out on the network ?

Hi,

I am inexperienced sysadmin, i am currently managing the WSUS application for updates ( Win7 + Win10 )

we work on a thin client network with updates pushed out to required devices.

The issue we have is our network bandwidth is not big enough to cope with users working and pushing out the Cumulative windows 10 updates, which always seem to be a few GB in size,.

i have seen .CAB files to download the patches.

Please can you help with the options to minimise the load on the network with these updates? I would prefer to split the update into smaller packages and distribute every 2 weeks.

Does this sound possible ?

any advice is greatly appreciated.

:)

Stephen Burton, Feb 1, 2019
  2. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Feb 1, 2019
  3. MikeV5 Win User
    WSUS clients are not able to get an updates. WSUS is reporting different version of client.

Just noticed that:

Any clients that have quit reporting and failed to play nice with WSUS have both of these security rollups:

KB4093108

KB4093118

The clients that work fine do not have the above patches installed. It is the same regardless if they are Win-7, Win2008 server, or Win-10.

My WSUS server only serves up about 69 clients and 23 of them started experiencing the issue around the same time that the above patches were installed. Being that they are roll-ups, they can't be uninstalled.

Not a happy camper with MS and WSUS right now.

MikeV5, Feb 1, 2019
  4. m3110w Win User

WSUS - WIN 10 patches how can i split the files to push out on the network ?

Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

WSUS - WIN 10 patches how can i split the files to push out on the network ?

1. WSUS - WIN 10 patches how can i split the files to push out on the network ? - Similar Threads - WSUS patches split

2. WSUS not pushing out windows 10 22h2 feature update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSUS not pushing out windows 10 22h2 feature update: trying to use wsus to push out windows 10 22h2 update from windows 10 21h2 through wsus not able to approve kb5015878 as it does not exist so not able to get machines to pick up the feature pack any ideas what we can do to enable this update to install and bring it up to the...
  3. WSUS not pushing out windows 10 22h2 feature update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSUS not pushing out windows 10 22h2 feature update: trying to use wsus to push out windows 10 22h2 update from windows 10 21h2 through wsus not able to approve kb5015878 as it does not exist so not able to get machines to pick up the feature pack any ideas what we can do to enable this update to install and bring it up to the...
  4. WSUS not pushing out windows 10 22h2 feature update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. wsus not pushing all updates available for windows 10 22h2

wsus not pushing all updates available for windows 10 22h2: Good Morning,So i have a wsus server that pushes updates to both windows 11 22h2 & windows 10 22h2, but the windows 10 systems seem to be missing a few updates, What products/classifications should I pick in wsus to receive all updates for windows 10 22h2? I can only see...
  6. wsus not pushing all updates available for windows 10 22h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wsus not pushing all updates available for windows 10 22h2: Good Morning,So i have a wsus server that pushes updates to both windows 11 22h2 & windows 10 22h2, but the windows 10 systems seem to be missing a few updates, What products/classifications should I pick in wsus to receive all updates for windows 10 22h2? I can only see...
  7. wsus not pushing all updates available for windows 10 22h2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Not able to Configure WSUS latest patches

Not able to Configure WSUS latest patches: Hi Team, I'm trying to install and configure WSUS on my windows Machine .I'm facing problem while post installation.it a prompting the below error Log file is located at C:\Users\Vemula.Kumar\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp7E96.tmp Post install is starting Fatal Error: Failed to...
  9. Windows 10 20H2: Microsoft pushes out new patch to prepare PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 20H2: Microsoft pushes out new patch to prepare PCs: Ahead of the rollout of Windows 10 version 20H2 update, Microsoft has re-released KB4023057 to some devices in the production channel. KB4023057 is a reliability update that is re-issued regularly by Microsoft before the launch of a feature or major cumulative update. In...
  10. Can we push security patches manually using or not using WSUS in Active Directory

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can we push security patches manually using or not using WSUS in Active Directory: Hello Guys, Looking to push Windows 10 security patches manually using WSUS service. Is it possible to push manually by using WSUS? Please let me know if any other possibilities. Thanks, Venkata....