Windows 10: WTCAD Application crash when saving files

Discus and support WTCAD Application crash when saving files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I keep getting this crash on one computer running Windows 10 x64. My laptop running the same program and same version of Windows runs fine. Here are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CraigYoung3, Nov 16, 2019.

1. WTCAD Application crash when saving files

I keep getting this crash on one computer running Windows 10 x64. My laptop running the same program and same version of Windows runs fine. Here are the two errors generated:

Source
    Watchtower CAD 3.1.010

Summary
    Stopped working

Date
    ‎11/‎15/‎2019 5:24 AM

Status
    Report sent

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\Watchtower\Watchtower CAD 3.1\WTCAD.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: WTCAD.exe
    Application Version: 9.1.441.0
    Application Timestamp: 5d7bcef6
    Fault Module Name: OPENGL32.dll
    Fault Module Version: 10.0.18362.387
    Fault Module Timestamp: c7cf39ed
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00000000000d13aa
    OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: c5bd
    Additional Information 2: c5bdaf9cf90ee0de39be7f5f2927f2bc
    Additional Information 3: b2cf
    Additional Information 4: b2cf17829896081b4237cb7b3ff90595

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: aefa41502370c16f3d3cfb68378aa527 (2106835150729553191)

I also get a more general message at the same time, although this is always listed first:

Application: WTCAD.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00007FFD502113AA

This always lists .NET Runtime as the source. Any ideas?

:)

CraigYoung3, Nov 16, 2019

2. Applications Crashing on Save As...

All of a sudden, I'm experiencing regular crashes in apps when performing a Save As... command. At first, it seemed random, but I'm now able to reproduce the problem regularly. Here are the steps:

• Launch Paint
    • Select File > Save As...
    • Add a new subfolder via Right-click > New... > Folder
    • Open the new folder via Double-click
    • Add a new subfolder via Right-Click...

Paint goes into a coma and eventually logs an error with Event ID #1002 (Application Hang).

WTCAD Application crash when saving files a4c94471-53fe-42eb-b523-08cc9d449a77.png

This is just one example I'm able to reproduce. Other crashes occur regularly in any number of Microsoft or non-Microsoft apps, all seemingly linked to file saving or navigating a File Explorer window, etc. There are other errors in the logs but I'm not
    100% certain which ones are relevant, so I'll not confuse matters by discussing them yet.

This is a clean install of Windows 10 that's maybe six weeks old. I've installed quite a few apps but things seemed to be working fine until just recently. I ran memory and windows system file checks - both passed.

Any ideas?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

David_D_1138, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    Saving/Opening files crashes applications

Let's further isolate your concern about the File Explorer. We'd like to gather additional information to resolve this issue. Please answer the following:

• Did you install any recent application before this happened?
    • Have you tried clearing the history of the File Explorer? To do this, open File Explorer
      > View > Options > Change Folder and search options
      > Privacy > Clear File Explorer History >
      Clear > OK.

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the netsh and winsock reset as an initial troubleshooting step to fix any network related issue that may be affecting your device. To do this, you may check these steps:

• Type cmd in the search box > right-click Command Prompt >
      Run as administrator.
    • Type netsh in the Command Prompt > press Enter.
    • Type winsock in the Command Prompt > hit Enter.

Let us know if the recommended solution works for you.

Joan Pin, Nov 16, 2019
  4. denno020 Win User

WTCAD Application crash when saving files

Applications crash when using system file dialog (opening/saving)

I first noticed this in Chrome, thinking it was an issue with Chrome 57 (I couldn't attach files to emails because when I clicked to choose my file, Chrome would just crash).

I've since noticed that it is a Windows issue after I tried to save a Photoshop image that I had spent a bit of time on, only to see Photoshop crash. From there I tried Word and Paint, both of which crash when I try to save.

This issue only seems to have started occurring when the Windows 10 Creator Update was installed the other day.

I have had the Event Viewer open when I make one of the applications crash, but I don't seem to be able to see an entry for the crash (to be honest, I don't really know how to use the Event Viewer, further than opening it and refreshing to hopefully notice a big red Error entry)

Weirdly, I'm able to save files through Firefox, so for whatever reason, the system file dialog doesn't make Firefox crash (Version 52.0.2).

I have been doing some Googling, and people suggested that disabling Network Discovery can help - It didn't in my instance.

Is anyone able to help with what I should debug next?

Edit:
    Further details to this issue, in case anyone actually wants to read it.
    I've done some testing with Paint, causing the application to crash by trying to open a file, whilst running DebugDiag 2 to capture the crash information
    The 2 exception ID's that are thrown when the application crashes are as follows:
    0XC000001D
    0XC000041D

denno020, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

WTCAD Application crash when saving files

1. WTCAD Application crash when saving files - Similar Threads - WTCAD Application crash

2. PDF File Saves to MS-DOS Application

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF File Saves to MS-DOS Application: When I save a PDF file, it now shows as an MS-DOS Application. It will not allow me to open the file. I'm not sure what has happened as I've not made any changes to my Windows 10 operating system. How can this be resolved?...
  3. PDF File Saves to MS-DOS Application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF File Saves to MS-DOS Application: When I save a PDF file, it now shows as an MS-DOS Application. It will not allow me to open the file. I'm not sure what has happened as I've not made any changes to my Windows 10 operating system. How can this be resolved?...
  4. "Save As" Application "Not Responding" When HTML Files Are Downloaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Save As" Application "Not Responding" When HTML Files Are Downloaded: When I attempt to download HTML files, the "Save As" function doesn't allow me to save but comes up with "Not Responding". But it allows me to save JPG files just fine. I can also upload JPGs as you can see by the included screenshot.I've tried disabling my Ad Blocker and my...
  5. "Save As" Application "Not Responding" When HTML Files Are Downloaded

"Save As" Application "Not Responding" When HTML Files Are Downloaded: When I attempt to download HTML files, the "Save As" function doesn't allow me to save but comes up with "Not Responding". But it allows me to save JPG files just fine. I can also upload JPGs as you can see by the included screenshot.I've tried disabling my Ad Blocker and my...
  6. Windows Hanging/Crashing When Saving Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Hanging/Crashing When Saving Files: I am having regular Hangs / Crashes when trying to save files. It can happen with any programme. It often happens when I try to save a picture using Chrome. It also sometimes happens with office saving word files or with Photoshop elements saving PSD files or with the...
  7. Using Applications, Attaching Files, Saving Files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Using Applications, Attaching Files, Saving Files.: I need your assistance in solving a problem I am having using my Laptop. I have started having some strange occurrences happening on my computer and am looking to get some help. Without any notice, I am no longer able to attach files to WhatsApp, nor able to save images or...
  8. Windows 10 applications crashing intermittently when accessing files.

Windows 10 applications crashing intermittently when accessing files.: Hi, I got a new laptop in December 2015 that came with Windows 10. It is currently running version 1511 10586.104. I have updated the BIOS and graphics driver, all are current from the mfg. I have had an ongoing problem with applications crashing when they access the file...
  9. Applications crash when using system file dialog (opening/saving)

in Windows 10 Support
    Applications crash when using system file dialog (opening/saving): I first noticed this in Chrome, thinking it was an issue with Chrome 57 (I couldn't attach files to emails because when I clicked to choose my file, Chrome would just crash). I've since noticed that it is a Windows issue after I tried to save a Photoshop image that I had...
  10. Problem when Open or save file in some of application

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem when Open or save file in some of application: Hi , I just reinstall windows 10 , and after a few days looks like I encounter some display error . When I tried to open or save file in some application it doesn't show what it should be. I attach the picture. [img] [img] any help would be appreciated...