Windows 10: wtf are these and why are they in my tmp folder

Discus and support wtf are these and why are they in my tmp folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MarkoTribe16 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MarkoTribe16, Jan 14, 2021.

1. wtf are these and why are they in my tmp folder

/u/MarkoTribe16, Jan 14, 2021

2. annoying tmp files in downloads folder

Hi all,

for a while now my "downloads" folder has been full of .tmp files that make it impossible to find any real downloads in the folder.

I read online these files might be associated with chrome, but I don't know the steps to deal with this issue.

would appreciate help with this

JakeBilchinsky, Jan 14, 2021
  3. How to change location of MSI????.tmp file

Hi,

You may change the location of the .tmp file by following the steps provided below:

• Go to This PC.
    • Right-click This PC, and then select Advanced System Setting.
    • Click Environment Variables.
    • Under system variable, double-click tmp and change the path for the file of your reference.

If the location still can't be changed, we suggest that you post it on our
    MSDN forum
    . We have highly technical users and IT professionals there that can address your concern.

Feel free to contact us if you have other concerns.

Dennis Mop, Jan 14, 2021
  4. David Haz Win User

wtf are these and why are they in my tmp folder

Windows 10; After Each Prt Job, .TMP File Left in Printers Folder; Can't Delete, Error in Printfilterpipelinesvc.exe

Hello,

For us to isolate the issue about deleting a TMP file after a printing job, kindly respond to the questions below:

• When did the issue started to occur?
    • Does the issue persist when you print using another device?
    • Is your printer a wireless printer?
    As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you download and run the
    printing troubleshooter

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

wtf are these and why are they in my tmp folder

1. wtf are these and why are they in my tmp folder - Similar Threads - wtf are why

2. Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting: I have checked Environment Variables. Both "TEMP" and "TMP" are set to C:\WINDOWS\TEMP.Any advice? Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tmp-files-appearing-in-folders-and-not-deleting/87e480be-1879-4f00-b1a6-1f43ab0db03c
  3. What is the "TMP" folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the "TMP" folder?: I have this "TMP" folder on my second drive : And inside of it, there are a lot of strange files :Can I delete this folder safely? Because some files are new from today in it 13 GB, so I don't know if it's a Windows thing...
  4. What is the "TMP" folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the "TMP" folder?: I have this "TMP" folder on my second drive : And inside of it, there are a lot of strange files :Can I delete this folder safely? Because some files are new from today in it 13 GB, so I don't know if it's a Windows thing...
  5. wtf

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    wtf: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/kp3aug7v53y71.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=ed480f7aa83c0ccf43c2d7e1724ac9c25f55fcb4 submitted by /u/ARA-v2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/qofd1x/wtf/
  6. tmp files .tmp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    tmp files .tmp: I can empty all data in local temp folder , but as soon as open any web browser like Chrome or Microsoft edge they reappear. The files look like fc11a109-3f15-45b0-b483-630e1584a674.tmp. If I try then to delete the files individually, I get the message " The action can't be...
  7. WTF is wrong with my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WTF is wrong with my computer: about 4 or 5 months ago we bought a computer where we pay X amount per month, anyways I don't know whats going on but I cant refresh, cant reset, cant recover, can`t do squat. Everytime I uninstall a program or what ever and have to restart the computer everything I did is...
  8. WTF acitivate windows watermark!!!! WHY!!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    WTF acitivate windows watermark!!!! WHY!!!!!: What stupid group of idiots thought this was a good idea? Obviously one so out of touch with the real world that the the utter waste of money, corporate intelligence and total lack of understanding of the market that drives profit and customer retention is...
  9. WTF are these and why this File and or Folder Access restriction happen?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WTF are these and why this File and or Folder Access restriction happen?: WTF are these and why this File and or Folder Access restriction happen - My computer, My HDDs, My Files and Folders - Who the hell is OS to deny access to some or the other file or folder every now and then ? See the end of this message for details on invoking...
  10. Cannot delete tmp folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete tmp folders: Hi, small annoying problem, when I go to 'My PC' somehow I have a lot of temporary folders on my C: drive, and cannot get rid of them. Says that 'You require permission from the administrator to make these changes. I have tried using the command prompt with:net user...