Windows 10: WTF are these and why this File and or Folder Access restriction happen?

Discus and support WTF are these and why this File and or Folder Access restriction happen? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; WTF are these and why this File and or Folder Access restriction happen - My computer, My HDDs, My Files and Folders - Who the hell is OS to deny... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Vijay1700, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Vijay1700 Win User

WTF are these and why this File and or Folder Access restriction happen?

WTF are these and why this File and or Folder Access restriction happen - My computer, My HDDs, My Files and Folders - Who the hell is OS to deny access to some or the other file or folder every now and then ?

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\vijay\AppData\Roaming\DocEditor\Log_DocumetLoading.txt' is denied.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append)
    at DocEditor2.LogWriter.WriteErrorLog(Exception oException, String sMethodName, String sLogFileName)
    at DocEditor2.Form1.backgroundWorker1_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
    at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
    at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3163.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    System
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3151.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    DocEditorWs
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/vijay/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/NLT0CT1Q.RW3/NVAATD1T.W1K/doce..tion_0000000000000000_0001.0000_cc94c8bfe053f3c8/DocEditorWs.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3056.0 built by: NET472REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word
    Assembly Version: 15.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 15.0.4603.1000
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word/15.0.0.0__71e9bce111e9429c/Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.dll
    office
    Assembly Version: 15.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 15.0.4613.1000
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/office/15.0.0.0__71e9bce111e9429c/office.dll
    MediaControl
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3878.36171
    Win32 Version: 1.0.3878.36171
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/vijay/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/NLT0CT1Q.RW3/NVAATD1T.W1K/doce..tion_0000000000000000_0001.0000_cc94c8bfe053f3c8/MediaControl.DLL
    AudioPlayer
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/vijay/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/NLT0CT1Q.RW3/NVAATD1T.W1K/doce..tion_0000000000000000_0001.0000_cc94c8bfe053f3c8/AudioPlayer.DLL
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.7.3160.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
    FootSwitchLib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/vijay/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/NLT0CT1Q.RW3/NVAATD1T.W1K/doce..tion_0000000000000000_0001.0000_cc94c8bfe053f3c8/FootSwitchLib.DLL
    System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
    System.Deployment
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll
    System.Web.Services
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Services/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.Services.dll
    Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.Web
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll
    System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

:)

Vijay1700, Sep 19, 2018
  2. Frogger Win User

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile WTF are these and why this File and or Folder Access restriction happen? :)

Frogger, Sep 19, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Protecting files on a USB stick?

Even if you restrict access to read only, they can still copy the program. Read access is all copy needs.

My suggestion for simplicity is to create a small file on the drive and mark it hidden as well as marking it a system file, so even if they turn hidden files on the file won't show up. Put this file in a separate folder that is also marked as system, name the folder something random and windows important sounding. So even if they do find it, they won't know what it is and should ignore it. Then make the main program check for the file on execution and exit if the file isn't on the flash drive.

This should fool 90% of people unless they are pretty computer literate.

newtekie1, Sep 19, 2018
  4. WTF are these and why this File and or Folder Access restriction happen?

Need some restriction of my standard user in my PC

The easiest way to restrict a standard user from accessing the files of another user account is by ensuring that the files are saved to the
    C:\Users\<AdministratorUsername> folder or the %userprofiles% folder. If a standard user attempts to access the files from the said folder, by default, it would instantly prompt for the administrator's credentials in order
    to access it.

If you wish to put restrictions on a specific file, you may follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the specific file and choose Properties.
    • Choose Security tab.
    • Click Edit.
    • Choose Add.
    • Type the username, click Check Name and then, hit
      OK.
    • You can now manage the restrictions for the user profile, under Permissions for <username>.
    If you wanted to set a restriction on the Local Drive, follow these steps:

• Double-click This PC.
    • Right-click on Local Disk (CWTF are these and why this File and or Folder Access restriction happen? :).
    • Choose Properties.
    • Select Security tab.
    • Click Edit.
    • Choose Add.
    • Type the username, click Check Name and then, hit OK.
    • Set the level of restriction for the said drive.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

WTF are these and why this File and or Folder Access restriction happen?

1. WTF are these and why this File and or Folder Access restriction happen? - Similar Threads - WTF are why

2. IT policies may be restricting access to this folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IT policies may be restricting access to this folder: I am trying to install Discord but whenever I download DiscordSetup It says "IT policies may be restricting access to this folder". I have tried turning off the User Control settings in both Pontrol Panel and Registry and it still says the same thing.I hope you can help me...
  3. It policies may be restricting access to this folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    It policies may be restricting access to this folder: Hi! Can any tell me how can I solve this issue when I try to install MS team my laptop showing the error "it policies may be restricting access to this folder" If anyone knows how to solve it please share it as soon as possible...
  4. wtf are these and why are they in my tmp folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    wtf are these and why are they in my tmp folder: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MarkoTribe16 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kxllgj/wtf_are_these_and_why_are_they_in_my_tmp_folder/
  5. lol wtf happened? update problem

lol wtf happened? update problem: [ATTACH] this happened after rebooting because of updates https://preview.redd.it/jl8f4nodk6w51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=e41fb2880b4d27571a2b7198ff8a13ae17b5f47e submitted by /u/funky-monk91 [link] [comments]...
  6. Wtf just happened to my pc.

Wtf just happened to my pc.: So I was just playing some GTA 5 on my xbox and got bored of it so I got on my computer to play minecraft. My computer was already on and the launcher was already open so I just click play and wait for it to load. I got loaded in, go to the multiplayer tab, and click on a...
  7. IT policies may be restricting access to this folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    IT policies may be restricting access to this folder: was attempting to download and install "Discord' and when I clicked on the exe it gave me this nbotification. I am confussed as many other programs install fine.. I am the only admin and only user of this PC and not understanding why I am getting this notification....
  8. how to I restrict access to a folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to I restrict access to a folder?: Like can I AT LEAST require users to enter an admin password again??? idk why is option is not available. like maybe I want someone to help edit something on my main account but like you know some stuff is off limits....
  9. WTF just happened?!

in Windows 10 Support
    WTF just happened?!: I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 about 4 days before it expired - July 26th, if I recall. There have been a few problems along the way, but everything was working when I left for school tonight. I came back and the screen was dark and unresponsive. I usually have my PC...
  10. WTF happened to "Open With"?

in Windows 10 Support
    WTF happened to "Open With"?: EDIT: Figured it out, I need to go into the properties menu to set this up now. That kind of sucks as I'd rather just have a context menu drop down from right click, but it'll do for now. Gonna E-mail Microsoft later to complain about this pointless change. I know it probably...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gac access denied Microsoft.Office.Interop