Windows 10: WU Advanced Options not working as expected.

Discus and support WU Advanced Options not working as expected. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am running W10 Pro 1803 on 3 systems. To prevent update to 1809 until I want it I set Feature update to 30 day delay and Quality updates to 0 delay.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Phone Man, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Phone Man Win User

WU Advanced Options not working as expected.

I am running W10 Pro 1803 on 3 systems.
    To prevent update to 1809 until I want it I set Feature update to 30 day delay and Quality updates to 0 delay.
    I am not getting Cumulative updates and they are classified as Quality updates per Update History.
    As soon as I change Feature update to 0 delay I will get the Cumulative updates.

WU Advanced Options not working as expected. [​IMG]

Jim *Cool

:)

Phone Man, Sep 29, 2018
  2. KieX Win User

Error: No work available to process

Hmm. Either it's put out errors and WCG is limiting the work units available, or the project list may not be set to supply other WU when one runs out. (if the problem lies here and not on your end)

On the options to your left, if you go into Results Status, select the computer from Device Name and then look through results see if either they were returned late, errors or any other kind of issue that would stop the servers supplying WU from that perspective.

If there are no errors then it's maybe down to your project list. So selecting Device Manager from the left menu and then clicking on the profile assigned to that computer and make sure that it's assigned to receive WU for other projects if they run out.

At least those steps will rule out problems from the WCG end.

3. UNI
    Uni Win User
    Critical Service Failed - Automatic Repair and Advanced Options

Update:
    Tried the Repair disk. Still back to "Your pc ran into a problem", "Preparing automatic repair" followed by Advanced Options which have been tried again.

Would anyone recommend:
    • bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
    • bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    • bootrec.exe /fixboot

Otherwise, I have a bootable Win PE file waiting to be burned on to USB key, as suggested by other Forum user, but unsure what to do with it when (or if) it boots up the laptop.

4. WU Advanced Options not working as expected.

Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10  

I updated to Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 10586 via WU from the previous W10 version. Now when I click on the Restart button under Advanced Startup it just does an ordinary Windows restart. I do not get the various options that should follow like in your examples. All the other ways also do a Windows restart. How can I get this to work like it did before I updated to W10 10586? I did an sfc /scannow and while it found some errors it didn't fix this problem. I did a clean boot which didn't help. Perhaps some modules need to be registered or a Registry change. Restart works as it should under a clean install of the same version of W10 under a VM. Any help will be appreciated.

Someone suggested this 'bcdedit /set {globalsettings} advancedoptions true' but that restarts Windows and gives me the list of options as if I pressed F8. Close but no cigar.

streetwolf, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

WU Advanced Options not working as expected.

1. WU Advanced Options not working as expected. - Similar Threads - Advanced Options working

2. Nothing works in the BSOD advanced options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing works in the BSOD advanced options: Ever since September came, my laptop HP Pavilion x360 had started to slow down, hard. What I mean by that is that my taskbar kept disappearing every time I would open any application. So I uninstalled an update, as if I thought things would get better. But it had only gotten...
  3. Nothing works in the BSOD advanced options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nothing works in the BSOD advanced options: Ever since September came, my laptop HP Pavilion x360 had started to slow down, hard. What I mean by that is that my taskbar kept disappearing every time I would open any application. So I uninstalled an update, as if I thought things would get better. But it had only gotten...
  4. Advanced Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced Options: So I went to Advanced Options by pressing restart and pressing and holding shift because I couldn't log in because it says 0x80090016 and I tried all of the methods and It wouldn't work, so I just settled for resetting my PC, but when I tried to reset my PC it just f's it up,...
  5. Advanced Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced Options: So I went to Advanced Options by pressing restart and pressing and holding shift because I couldn't log in because it says 0x80090016 and I tried all of the methods and It wouldn't work, so I just settled for resetting my PC, but when I tried to reset my PC it just f's it up,...
  6. Advanced Options

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Advanced repair options not working?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Advanced repair options not working?: please read to the end Hello. I've been on an infinite loop of automatic repair since this morning. But now every time the auto repair starts, it says it can't fix the fault. There. The funny thing is that everything I try in the advanced options fails. Whether it's...
  8. advanced options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    advanced options: computer stuck in advance options and options are turn of pc and advacned options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advanced-options/0a8f8501-2e71-41bb-9070-103ca9e25b35
  9. Stuck in advanced options - nothing works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in advanced options - nothing works: Please help. I'm stuck in advanced options, with basically only the command prompt as a solution. I have backup files on HD, but won't recognise in system image recovery. How do I fix this to reinstall windows?...
  10. BSOD None of the advanced options work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD None of the advanced options work: I have a Dell Inspiron 24 7000 series with Windows 10. I turned on my computer and was confronted by the BSOD. At the bottom it said Stop code: critical process died. I've tried a number of the advanced options and none of them work for me. I've tried to start my computer in...