Windows 10: WU Appears To Be Upset...

Discus and support WU Appears To Be Upset... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have WU paused until 12/22/2020 via the pause button on the WU page. Now, whenever I launch Settings, There is a message across the top of the Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jamis, Oct 27, 2020.

1. jamis Win User

WU Appears To Be Upset...

I have WU paused until 12/22/2020 via the pause button on the WU page. Now, whenever I launch Settings, There is a message across the top of the Home page that says WU needs attention. I have not done the October "B" update, so I guess that's what set it off. I haven't decided to wait for the November updates to be validated or turn WU loose right before. The message is the first time I've seen it. Not a problem, just thought it was new.

:)

jamis, Oct 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Oct 27, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond WU Appears To Be Upset... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 27, 2020
  4. cdawall Win User

PSU question

well the Recom is not UL listed so i strongly suggest against that one the inter-tech SL700 also does not appear to be a UL listed unit...the only one that appears to be UL is the Nox Urano...are you sure these are the only 3 powersupplies to pick from none of them are really that great i don't really even want to suggest the Nox Urano

cdawall, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

1. WU Appears To Be Upset... - Similar Threads - Appears Upset

2. Finding a solution to stop the shaking of desktop and removing lines appearing under the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Finding a solution to stop the shaking of desktop and removing lines appearing under the...: My pc monitor desktop has an issue of shaking after the appearance of few lines under the task bar. when i take the curse to that area it reflects like a mirror. And when a window is opened the tab bar gets hidden behind the working space. what can I do to solve this?...
  3. Finding a solution to stop the shaking of desktop and removing lines appearing under the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Finding a solution to stop the shaking of desktop and removing lines appearing under the...: My pc monitor desktop has an issue of shaking after the appearance of few lines under the task bar. when i take the curse to that area it reflects like a mirror. And when a window is opened the tab bar gets hidden behind the working space. what can I do to solve...
  4. I am not able to remove, AFR Afrikaans Language which appeared in Windows 10 after factory...

I am not able to remove, AFR Afrikaans Language which appeared in Windows 10 after factory...: Hello, I ahve a problem with my win10 copy. I had to do a factory reset and after that new language appeard: AFR Afrikaans This language is not listed in language settings, but can be selected by win+space. After few tries i found out that the language was maybe added by...
  5. My computer keeps on freezing when the login screen appears and I get the bsod, this has...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer keeps on freezing when the login screen appears and I get the bsod, this has...: Honestly idk wtf to do submitted by /u/freddiemercury3001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k57gnp/my_computer_keeps_on_freezing_when_the_login/
  6. Subfolder appears in Windows Explorer but not in Windows PowerShell

in Windows 10 Support
    Subfolder appears in Windows Explorer but not in Windows PowerShell: To paraphrase Destin Sandlin, "Smarter Almost Every Day;" just not on this day. While tidying up my backup scheme for photographs, I came across a puzzle. There are some subfolders in a certain folder that are clearly displayed with Windows Explorer, but that don't show up...
  7. Windows 10 Camera App - Pro mode options not appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Camera App - Pro mode options not appearing: With my new thinkpad I was playing around with the Camera app and like many others, observed no difference in the settings displayed by the app. Disappointed by the total lack of any documentation on this app. or on the Pro mode options, which is a little surprising given...
  8. How do I cancel adds that are appearing all over my screens? Please help !

How do I cancel adds that are appearing all over my screens? Please help !: How do I delete adds that appear on my screens..Super annoying !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-cancel-adds-that-are-appearing-all-over/18bbeca1-28a9-42a5-9bf9-84f910f3fa35
  9. Can't open settings window app. The Sprocket Icon appears in Task Bar but will not open and...

Can't open settings window app. The Sprocket Icon appears in Task Bar but will not open and...: I cannot get to the settings page to view options or make changes. i.e display. Regardless of the path I choose to open the Settings window, it only appears sprocket icon on the task bar but it will not display open on screen. Therefore, I am unable to choose any option nor...
  10. Command Prompt appears and disappears on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Command Prompt appears and disappears on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Command Prompt is used by applications to install or update components silently. If everything […] This article Command Prompt appears and disappears on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...