Windows 10: WU - restart message AFTER PC has restarted Win10

Discus and support WU - restart message AFTER PC has restarted Win10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop was successfully updated by Cumulative Update KB4462933 on the 3rd November but at 05:03 today I once again got this silly message:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Taffy087, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Taffy087 Win User

WU - restart message AFTER PC has restarted Win10

My laptop was successfully updated by Cumulative Update KB4462933 on the 3rd November but at 05:03 today I once again got this silly message:

WU - restart message AFTER PC has restarted Win10 bcf5ab27-bebb-4a83-8ffa-cf7e8ae64adb?upload=true.png

Can't Microsoft get its act together and give us this info BEFORE they restart, please?

:)

Taffy087, Nov 5, 2018

2. MY PC has just statred to restart even during Boot and after boot, Please help.

if you want to change any setting just do it step by step so you know what might happen when your pc restart again and again

micropage7, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Arrakis9 Win User
    Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Nov 5, 2018
  4. WU - restart message AFTER PC has restarted Win10

Automated Restart of Windows 10 PC

Hello,

If Windows suddenly restarts without warning, or restarts when you try to shut it down, it might be caused by one of several issues. An outdated driver and software conflict are some of the possible reasons. Having said that, we suggest performing
    the following steps:

Step 1: Disabling the automatic restart option to view error messages.

Many hardware driver or operating system errors will cause the computer to display a specific error message before stopping the operation or shutting down the computer. However, if the Automatically restart option
    is enabled, an error message might not be displayed despite an error taking place. Disable this option to allow the computer to display the error message.
    Follow these steps to disable the Automatically restart option:

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.

• Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.
    • Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under System Failure, then click OK.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Checking for failed hardware.

Hardware problems can cause the computer to restart unexpectedly.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

WU - restart message AFTER PC has restarted Win10

1. WU - restart message AFTER PC has restarted Win10 - Similar Threads - restart message has

2. Win10 restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 restarts after shutdown: hi thereIve tried all available fixes recommended both within these posts & outside & none have worked.I have just reformatted & reinstalled a fresh copy of win10, no third party software has been installed.Even after a fresh install, the PC restarts after pressing the power...
  3. Win10 restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 restarts after shutdown: hi thereIve tried all available fixes recommended both within these posts & outside & none have worked.I have just reformatted & reinstalled a fresh copy of win10, no third party software has been installed.Even after a fresh install, the PC restarts after pressing the power...
  4. Win10 restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Blue Screen after Win10 Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen after Win10 Restart: After a restart on Win10, I get a blue screen with error code 0x0000000e. I then have to power down and startup. This does not happen with shutdown and startup. Any suggestions please?...
  6. Blue Screen after Win10 Restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue Screen after Win10 Restart: After a restart on Win10, I get a blue screen with error code 0x0000000e. I then have to power down and startup. This does not happen with shutdown and startup. Any suggestions please?...
  7. Unable to restart after Win10 Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to restart after Win10 Reset: I have a Surface Studio and yesterday, Win10 did an update on it. After that, my screen was split in half, like Win10 saw half the screen as one monitor and the other half as a second monitor. I was trying to fix it but as I was checking the options, my cat jumped up on my...
  8. PC has been random restarting with no bsod and no error messages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC has been random restarting with no bsod and no error messages: Been dealing with this random forced restart for a bit now and its seeming to get worse. Where it used to be like maybe once a day it has now happened 3 times today. There is no bsod, it seems to act like a clean restart with mobo flash screens and what not. But the speccy...
  9. RESTART MESSAGE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RESTART MESSAGE: Hi, I have recently have been getting this message "Your computer needs to be restarted to finish setting up device: RapidSolution SCSI Adapter" every time I boot up. I have used the troubleshooter but it didn't find any problems. I have also googled the issue with no...
  10. Error Message on restarting PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Error Message on restarting PC: I formatted and installed 10041 yesterday and I'm getting this error when I tell the PC to restart. Windows seems to be functioning properly and its probably just a quirk of the development which should just disappear in final build. 4997