Windows 10: WU "something was busy" failed update Retry

Discus and support WU "something was busy" failed update Retry in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 11 23H2 22631.3447 OEM VersionI have seen this more and more as of late, has anyone else seen this?You go to WU to check for updates and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kirbster 1, Apr 18, 2024.

1. WU "something was busy" failed update Retry

Windows 11 23H2 22631.3447 OEM VersionI have seen this more and more as of late, has anyone else seen this?You go to WU to check for updates and frequently when it is downloading a Security Definition update, the system will come back and state something like something was busy, failed update...Retry.Head over to Security and Maintenance, Reliability Monitor and there will be an Error Message that that update failed to install.Head over to Windows Security, Virus and Threat Protection, Virus and Threat Protection Updates and it will show that the "Failed Update" had installed.Doesn't hand A kn

:)

kirbster 1, Apr 18, 2024

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Apr 18, 2024
  3. pebuilder Win User
    .WU attempts to install .net 5.0.5 when 5.0.6 is already there

WU attempted to install the .net 5.0.5 update the other night even though .net 5.0.6 had already been installed by WU

The update keeps retrying and fails every time and the following warning is in reliability history:
    2021-04 .NET 5.0.5 Update for x64 Client - failed windows update

The WU error code is 0x80070643

I was hoping MS would have fixed this incorrect update but nothing so far

Any suggestions please how to stop this retry / failure sequence. I have tried running troubleshooter but it found nothing

I am running Win10 20H2 (OS Build 19042.985)

pebuilder, Apr 18, 2024
  4. lvgandhi Win User

WU "something was busy" failed update Retry

Successful updates retries and fails

KB4020102 was updated successfully on 26/5/2017. I usually have metered wifi. Today I connected to ethernet. Same KB is trying again and again. Now it hangs. Please see pics below.

WU "something was busy" failed update Retry 137128d1495988002t-successful-updates-retries-fails-capture.png

WU "something was busy" failed update Retry 137129d1495988002t-successful-updates-retries-fails-capture1.png

What to do now?

lvgandhi, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

WU "something was busy" failed update Retry

1. WU "something was busy" failed update Retry - Similar Threads - something was busy

2. WU "something was busy" failed update Retry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WU "something was busy" failed update Retry: Windows 11 23H2 22631.3447 OEM VersionI have seen this more and more as of late, has anyone else seen this?You go to WU to check for updates and frequently when it is downloading a Security Definition update, the system will come back and state something like something was...
  3. "Edge closed unexpectedly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Edge closed unexpectedly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds": "Edge closed unexpectedly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds" Getting these two errors every time I attempt to open these apps. Also Edge account not syncing, extensions not working. Have to log in to sites every time I open browser and Discord won't even open....
  4. "Edge closed unexpectedly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds"

"Edge closed unexpectedly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds": "Edge closed unexpectedly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds" Getting these two errors every time I attempt to open these apps. Also Edge account not syncing, extensions not working. Have to log in to sites every time I open browser and Discord won't even open....
  5. "Edge did not close correctly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds"

"Edge did not close correctly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds": "Edge did not close correctly" and Discord "Update failed-retrying in _ seconds" Getting these two errors every time I attempt to open these apps. Also Edge account not syncing, extensions not working. Have to log in to sites every time I open browser and Discord won't even...
  6. WU of KB4535547 Failed...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WU of KB4535547 Failed...: WU tried to update this EDGE update twice today and failed with error code 0x80240034. System says it's up to date with a subsequent WU check for updates. No great deal as I don't use EDGE. Can't wait to see how the update to v1903 goes this weekend. 148634
  7. Windows update says Retry!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update says Retry!: A few days ago, I updated my PC with latest October Windows 10 Update. But, after few days, when I am trying to update my PC, it tells me to Retry everytime. and displays an error code as pasted here "There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later....
  8. Server busy (switch to or retry)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Server busy (switch to or retry): [ATTACH] Tis pic is not happening all the time. Hi, I have this problem after installing an image which allways worked. After reinstalling my image, installing problems occur everything goes so slow, somethimes it is not working at all, (installing/deinstalling) i get...
  9. Successful updates retries and fails

Successful updates retries and fails: KB4020102 was updated successfully on 26/5/2017. I usually have metered wifi. Today I connected to ethernet. Same KB is trying again and again. Now it hangs. Please see pics below. [img] [img] What to do now? 85573
  10. Threshold Downloaded but Update Failed to Install via WU and MCT

Threshold Downloaded but Update Failed to Install via WU and MCT: Windows Update says it downloaded the update but every time it runs, it fails. The failure message is almost immediate. there is no error # associated with the failure. Only the generic, "There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later". I tried...