Windows 10: WU wants to update my printer driver - need to stop it

Discus and support WU wants to update my printer driver - need to stop it in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Running W10 Home level 1909. Some months ago WU installed a backlevel HP driver for my HP printer, and that caused me trouble. Now WU is again trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cwr64, Oct 20, 2020.

1. cwr64 Win User

WU wants to update my printer driver - need to stop it

Running W10 Home level 1909. Some months ago WU installed a backlevel HP driver for my HP printer, and that caused me trouble. Now WU is again trying to install the same backlevel HP driver. How do I delete the WU update to my HP printer driver software? See attached wu.png picture of the WU page.

:)

cwr64, Oct 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 20, 2020
  3. How to stop Win10 updating graphic driver!?

Since when does this method work?.. We had a thread about this issue, right before July 29, and everybody confirmed that it does nothing on RTM build. Hence why Microsoft had to release a standalone troubleshooting module that would allow users to block certain drivers offered through WU.

Constantine Yevseyev, Oct 20, 2020
  4. WU wants to update my printer driver - need to stop it

Unable to remove a printer gone in "Unspecified" group

An outdated, or incompatible printer driver could be causing the issue. We suggest that you update your printer driver, or
    uninstall the printer driver; then, restart the computer, and have Windows install the latest driver automatically. Check the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Locate the printer driver and uninstall it.
    • Restart the computer.

Keep us posted.

Michael Gall, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

WU wants to update my printer driver - need to stop it

1. WU wants to update my printer driver - need to stop it - Similar Threads - wants update printer

2. Stop windows updating printer driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop windows updating printer driver: I have an HP Envy 6200 Photo printer. I cannot print via the USB port following a recent Windows 10 Home update. Digging deep showed that the current driver was of type 4. Using the search for an alternative driver with Windows update threw up the 2006 type 3 driver. I...
  3. Stop windows updating printer driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop windows updating printer driver: I have an HP Envy 6200 Photo printer. I cannot print via the USB port following a recent Windows 10 Home update. Digging deep showed that the current driver was of type 4. Using the search for an alternative driver with Windows update threw up the 2006 type 3 driver. I...
  4. Stop windows updating printer driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Printer needing driver updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer needing driver updates.: This has been a ongoing issue. when a user going to print something there is a message that says driver update needed, however the driver on the print server is the same as what's on the laptop. We have to uninstall and reinstall the printer....
  6. Printer needing driver updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer needing driver updates.: This has been a ongoing issue. when a user going to print something there is a message that says driver update needed, however the driver on the print server is the same as what's on the laptop. We have to uninstall and reinstall the printer....
  7. Printer needing driver updates.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Want to shut down WU !!!!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Want to shut down WU !!!!: Hello, folks!! Would appreciate some assistance...Have a 32 bit tablet/laptop, running W10 Home, with 32GB storage on the hard drive. All I do with it is some email, and some Googling for miscellaneous stuff. Nothing heavy. Was able to stop Windows Update from installing for...
  9. Need to Stop HP Driver Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need to Stop HP Driver Update: Win 10 Pro on HP Envy PC. Windows Update is presenting an HP USB update (from 2012) with status "Pending Install". This appeared a few days ago so I installed it which resulted in USB problems with my HP printer. That is, could not print any more. Poked around and found an...
  10. stop WU from updating my amd drivers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    stop WU from updating my amd drivers: Heya All, Brand new member here even though been reading this site a long time. Some awesome news and help here. Also see a lot of great people willing to help and is good to see. I have a question on this build which over all am really liking a lot. I have tried...