Windows 10: wuauserv and BITS won't stay started

Discus and support wuauserv and BITS won't stay started in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having trouble getting updates. After doing a Windows Update and reboot, I am getting a failed to install on KB4467702 and KB4343909. I visited... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HeftyCypress546, Dec 6, 2018.

1. wuauserv and BITS won't stay started

I am having trouble getting updates. After doing a Windows Update and reboot, I am getting a failed to install on KB4467702 and KB4343909. I visited Windows 10 forum and found the advice on opening Command Prompt (run as administrator) instructions on:

net stop wuauserv
    net stop cryptSvc
    net stop bits
    net stop msiserver
    Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
    Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
    net start wuauserv
    net start cryptSvc
    net start bits
    net start msiserver

In there I noticed that bits was already stopped as was wuauserv. I went to Task Manager/Services and manually started them. I purposely left that open and it seems the both stop again, not a couple minutes later. I am not very computer literate but to my way of thinking, it would be hard to get any updates if these two services are stopped. Please, what do I have to do to keep them in the start position so that I can get rid of the nasty little red exclamation mark in the bottom right corner of my screen. Short of putting a piece of black tape over it and ignoring updates from now on, I am at my wit's end as to what to do. Please keep your reply simple-stupid for me.

Thanks

:)

HeftyCypress546, Dec 6, 2018

2. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Dec 6, 2018
  4. tabuf Win User

wuauserv and BITS won't stay started

N97 Bluetooth disappeared, won´t start again

Today without any reason the Bluetooth disappeared, and it won´t start anymore from the connections menu. Any clue where to start looking. Software V20, and no new update available.

tabuf, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

wuauserv and BITS won't stay started

1. wuauserv and BITS won't stay started - Similar Threads - wuauserv BITS won't

2. How to start wuauserv file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to start wuauserv file?: I can't start the file, it says ''The system cannot find the file specified'' I tried starting it in service.msc but it still says it's missing.I tried finding it in C:\Windows\System32 but it's not in there can someone help me please?...
  3. How to start wuauserv file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to start wuauserv file?: I can't start the file, it says ''The system cannot find the file specified'' I tried starting it in service.msc but it still says it's missing.I tried finding it in C:\Windows\System32 but it's not in there can someone help me please?...
  4. How to start wuauserv file?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. wuauserv :

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wuauserv :: wuauserv : wuauservXML<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" /> <EventID...
  6. wuauserv

wuauserv: I stupidly deleted the Windows Update from the Registry. Online instruction to reinstall seem over my skill level. Is there an easy way? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wuauserv/24c5f855-98b5-4dbe-b563-79547ee844c4
  7. wuauserv service stuck on starting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    wuauserv service stuck on starting?: Trying to update the computer so I can use the Xbox pass for 1 dollar for 3 months to try out outer worlds. Using the update assistant always blue screens when it restarts with Driver PNP watchdog. Not sure what to do. Been trying a lot of stuff. Anyone had this problem?...
  8. wuauserv ( windows update service) could not be started. Error in starting wuauserv service

wuauserv ( windows update service) could not be started. Error in starting wuauserv service: I was trying to resolve windows update error 0x80080005 and found a solution which says to stop first the wuauserv service but when i tried to do so in cmd I got : system32>net start wuauserv the wuauserv service could not be started A system error has occured System...
  9. Print spooler won't stay automatic start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print spooler won't stay automatic start: After the last Windows update my print spooler is not working, therefore unable to print adobe documents. Tried reinstalling the HP Office Jet 4652 but only worked for 1 day as the default printer and now states install a printer. I am a novice so the regedit is scary. Is...
  10. Start Menu won't stay configured

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu won't stay configured: Hi, all, A few weeks back, after what I presume was a routine update, my Start Menu was completely changed. It had a bunch of apps I had never downloaded, either installed or waiting to be installed, the tile positions were all different, and settings such as whether or not...