Windows 10: wuauserv and BITS won't stay started

Discus and support wuauserv and BITS won't stay started in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having trouble getting updates. After doing a Windows Update and reboot, I am getting a failed to install on KB4467702 and KB4343909. I visited... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HeftyCypress546, Dec 6, 2018.

1. wuauserv and BITS won't stay started

I am having trouble getting updates. After doing a Windows Update and reboot, I am getting a failed to install on KB4467702 and KB4343909. I visited Windows 10 forum and found the advice on opening Command Prompt (run as administrator) instructions on:

net stop wuauserv
    net stop cryptSvc
    net stop bits
    net stop msiserver
    Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
    Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
    net start wuauserv
    net start cryptSvc
    net start bits
    net start msiserver

In there I noticed that bits was already stopped as was wuauserv. I went to Task Manager/Services and manually started them. I purposely left that open and it seems the both stop again, not a couple minutes later. I am not very computer literate but to my way of thinking, it would be hard to get any updates if these two services are stopped. Please, what do I have to do to keep them in the start position so that I can get rid of the nasty little red exclamation mark in the bottom right corner of my screen. Short of putting a piece of black tape over it and ignoring updates from now on, I am at my wit's end as to what to do. Please keep your reply simple-stupid for me.

Thanks

:)

HeftyCypress546, Dec 6, 2018

2. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Dec 6, 2018
  4. tabuf Win User

wuauserv and BITS won't stay started

N97 Bluetooth disappeared, won´t start again

Today without any reason the Bluetooth disappeared, and it won´t start anymore from the connections menu. Any clue where to start looking. Software V20, and no new update available.

tabuf, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

wuauserv and BITS won't stay started

1. wuauserv and BITS won't stay started - Similar Threads - wuauserv BITS won't

2. Proxy won't stay off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Proxy won't stay off: How to keep proxy off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/proxy-wont-stay-off/b3615d1f-2236-4558-916d-c43ed169e58d
  3. Desktop Icons won't stay put...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons won't stay put...: Good day, everyone. I'm having a very unique issue, at least, to me, with my Windows 10 machine. I have Win 10 Pro and my desktop will flash for a split second and all my icons will have moved to wherever they wish to be. I spend more time re-organizing my desktop than I do...
  4. EDGE won't stay put..

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE won't stay put..: A new anomaly with Edge. I use a 24 inch monitor and most time have two browsers open. I drag the edges of both so that I have them side by side (as in pic 1). I close them and then open them again later and Edge is in a different place (as in pic 2). Firefox always remembers...
  5. System Restore Won't Stay Disabled

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore Won't Stay Disabled: I did a search but most of the threads were how to turn system restore on or off. I do Macrium backups frequently and absolutely do not need the system restore turned on. I turn it off and occasionally check back only to find it on again. Not sure what is activating it. I am...
  6. Speakers won't stay default

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers won't stay default: On my son's laptop, he has 2 playback devices, HD audio and speakers. If set to HD audio, no sound. If set to speakers, perfect. Problem is it won't stay set to speakers. Drivers are up to date. Its a Lenovo Carbon laptop (don't have exact model with me now). PC primarily...
  7. windows won't stay put

in Windows 10 Support
    windows won't stay put: I guess I'm a little OCD but I like to center the windows, like control panel, personalization my pc etc. Everytime I get them perfectly centered on the desktop when I close the windows and reopen them, they're not centered. In W7 or W8.1 they stay locked in position. Is...
  8. desktop icons won't stay in place

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop icons won't stay in place: It's not the end of the world, but since a recent Windows update my desktop icons won't stay where I put them. In addition, after my computer boots up and everything is loaded, desktop icons do not appear on their own. I have to right click/view/show desktop icons....
  9. Computer Won't Stay in Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Won't Stay in Sleep Mode: Whenever I put my computer into sleep mode, it goes to sleep normally, but then about a second after the fans stop spinning, the whole thing comes out of sleep mode as if a button was pressed or something. Power cfg -requests gives me DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER]...
  10. Folder won't stay deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder won't stay deleted: I have an empty folder on a USB-attached expansion drive that won't stay deleted. I delete it and it disappears. But a few days later it reappears. There are no error messages when I delete it. I never restore the drive or do anything else (that I'm aware of) to recover the...