Windows 10: wuauserv service stuck on starting?

Discus and support wuauserv service stuck on starting? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Trying to update the computer so I can use the Xbox pass for 1 dollar for 3 months to try out outer worlds. Using the update assistant always blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bgi123, Feb 25, 2020.

1. /u/bgi123 Win User

wuauserv service stuck on starting?

Trying to update the computer so I can use the Xbox pass for 1 dollar for 3 months to try out outer worlds.

Using the update assistant always blue screens when it restarts with Driver PNP watchdog.

Not sure what to do. Been trying a lot of stuff.

Anyone had this problem?

submitted by /u/bgi123
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bgi123, Feb 25, 2020
  2. jjwdeck Win User

Cannot stop wuauserv service(windows update service)

Trying for 3rd time to install the Windows 10 anniversary update on an older Satellite and got stuck not downloading or installing the update.

Same problem as many others from Microsoft Community: Windows Update stuck; general solution is to stop Update Service ([bits &] wuauserv, and optionally many more operations) and restart it. Also, as others, could not stop wuauserv;

The Windows Update service is stopping...........................

The Windows Update service could not be stopped.

C:\Windows\system32>net stop wuauserv

The service is starting or stopping. Please try again later.

BUT NOTHING RESOLVED WHY wuauserv COULD NOT BE STOPPED. As suggested in
    Windows 10 update stuck at 0%
    , changed wuauserv to automatic mode in Services and after a lot of time and restarts I got the anniversary update 1607!

jjwdeck, Feb 25, 2020
  3. wuauserv ( windows update service) could not be started. Error in starting wuauserv service

I was trying to resolve windows update error 0x80080005 and found a solution which says to stop first the wuauserv service but when i tried to do so in cmd I got :

system32>net start wuauserv

the wuauserv service could not be started

A system error has occured

System error 2 has occured

System cannot find the file specified

How to start it?

because the solution I want to try to resolve 0x80080005 demands to stop it first.

RahulKumar97, Feb 25, 2020
  4. wuauserv service stuck on starting?

Command: net stop wuauserv says service is starting or stopping

Hi ! I had some issues with windows update so I looked up some solutions and the one with running commands in cmd is only one but when I run the command: net stop wuauserv , it says the service is starting or stopping and same case is with command : net
    start wuauserv.

I have also tried the troubleshooter and trying to start the service from the list of services but the start stop are disabled and it shows as Stopping.

Please Help !

AfnanAhmad06, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

wuauserv service stuck on starting?

1. wuauserv service stuck on starting? - Similar Threads - wuauserv service stuck

2. windows update service or wuauserv is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update service or wuauserv is missing: wuauserv is missing from my computer, i can't update my windows,i already tried manually adding the registry and use 3rd party tool the result are the registry dissapeared when i reboot and 3rd party tool did absolutely nothing, usually i don't care about this because didn't...
  3. windows update service or wuauserv is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update service or wuauserv is missing: wuauserv is missing from my computer, i can't update my windows,i already tried manually adding the registry and use 3rd party tool the result are the registry dissapeared when i reboot and 3rd party tool did absolutely nothing, usually i don't care about this because didn't...
  4. windows update service or wuauserv is missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to start wuauserv file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to start wuauserv file?: I can't start the file, it says ''The system cannot find the file specified'' I tried starting it in service.msc but it still says it's missing.I tried finding it in C:\Windows\System32 but it's not in there can someone help me please?...
  6. How to start wuauserv file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to start wuauserv file?: I can't start the file, it says ''The system cannot find the file specified'' I tried starting it in service.msc but it still says it's missing.I tried finding it in C:\Windows\System32 but it's not in there can someone help me please?...
  7. How to start wuauserv file?

8. Windows update service not starting wuauserv, error 1058

Windows update service not starting wuauserv, error 1058: Hi,My computer is unable to start windows update.Through normal settings I see this;Restarting does nothing. Trouble shooters don't seem to work.I have looked online and traced the problem to the wuauserv windows update service.Through windows services I can see that it is...
  9. Windows services access denied for wuauserv

Windows services access denied for wuauserv: Hi, I am having trouble installing windows updates and apps from the microsoft store. When i try to install any app from the microsoft store I get the message "Windows Update is disabled. You can repair Windows Update by running the Windows Update troubleshooter in Settings...
  10. wuauserv ( windows update service) could not be started. Error in starting wuauserv service

wuauserv ( windows update service) could not be started. Error in starting wuauserv service: I was trying to resolve windows update error 0x80080005 and found a solution which says to stop first the wuauserv service but when i tried to do so in cmd I got : system32>net start wuauserv the wuauserv service could not be started A system error has occured System...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wuauserv stuck on starting

2. Windows update error and net stop wuauserv The service is starting or stopping

3. wuauserv could not be started system error 2

4. net start wuauserv The service is starting or stopping. Please try again later.