Windows 10: wuauserv service tasks are grayed out and access denied

Discus and support wuauserv service tasks are grayed out and access denied in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I used to stop windows updates when I use limited Internet by stopping the windows update service (wuauserv) but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sheikh Alkaf, Jan 15, 2019.

1. wuauserv service tasks are grayed out and access denied

Hello everyone,

I used to stop windows updates when I use limited Internet by stopping the windows update service (wuauserv) but it seems like I can't do that anymore, so if its possible I'll need to help please.

Here are attached images to give u clearer picture of my problem.

Thanks

wuauserv service tasks are grayed out and access denied ba757ed0-34d7-4938-acd9-6e2a5ce068bf?upload=true.jpg

wuauserv service tasks are grayed out and access denied 9e5991fb-cecf-434b-9120-417dd0e9a8f3?upload=true.jpg

:)

Sheikh Alkaf, Jan 15, 2019

2. Task Scheduler Service Could NOT RESTART - all button GRAYED - NOT ALLOWED to Start Service

I disabled Task Scheduler Service but later could not ENABLE this SERVICE - all button grayed - now can not run DiskDfrangment

It was disabled thru below process

pressing windows + X

then pressing computer management

then pressing Services and Applications

then pressing Services

then double clicking Task Scheduler to get properties

then was disabled

NOTE: Thousands of people facing this problem but proper step by step solution was not available in the net. So, it would be highly appreciated, if someone could provide step by step solution for ENABLING TASK SCHEDULER SERVICE, which is GRAYED, which
    is not ALLOWED to ENABLE on Services and Applications, the solution could be thru Registry or thru other method!!!

Radhika Shrestha - Waling10, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Audio Service not starting - access denied

My audio service is refusing to start regardless of what I try on Windows 10 1803.

I have attempted the following:

• Re-installing audio drivers
    • Updating audio drivers
    • A full virus scan
    • A disk check
    • An SFC check
    • Making sure all the dependencies of the Windows Audio Service are running
    None of these have succeeded in changing anything.
    Whenever I try to start the audio service, I get this error message:

wuauserv service tasks are grayed out and access denied [​IMG]

This made me think it is potentially the firewall messing everything up, so I start up Windows Defender and get this error message:

Are these two problems related, and does anyone know how I can fix it?

EDIT:
    The Windows Defender Antivirus Service and Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service are both not running, and when I try to start them I get this error:

I imagine that this is connected in some way but I have no clue how to fix it.

Sulphuric Glue, Jan 15, 2019
  4. wuauserv service tasks are grayed out and access denied

"Access is Denied" in task manager

Operating System: Windows 10, latest version.

Issue: Getting "Access is Denied" when trying to lower CPU usage for the Antimalware Service Executable/Windows Defender Service

So I am trying to lower my CPU usage for a laptop I bought, however when attempting this I get an "Access is Denied" when attempting to remove it. I do own this PC and am the only user on this PC, so therefore I should have full permission over what I want
    to do to my computer. Also, I can't seem to permanantly disable the "Windows Modules Installer Worker."

Questions:

How do I gain full administrative powers over my PC?

How do I disable/remove the Windows Defender Service (will be using a different antivirus software?)

How do I permanently disable many applications I do not want back?

How do I disable startup programs that are not listed within my startup list on the task manager or windows config?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JoshuaLaumann, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

wuauserv service tasks are grayed out and access denied

1. wuauserv service tasks are grayed out and access denied - Similar Threads - wuauserv service tasks

2. End Task grayed out in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    End Task grayed out in task manager: Hello! i was trying to terminate a task in Task Manager, but i cant because the "End Task" button was grayed out, and only the "Restart" button when selecting Windows Explorer works, On my standard account, its grayed out, however on the administrator, its not grayed out If...
  3. End Task grayed out in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    End Task grayed out in task manager: Hello! i was trying to terminate a task in Task Manager, but i cant because the "End Task" button was grayed out, and only the "Restart" button when selecting Windows Explorer works, On my standard account, its grayed out, however on the administrator, its not grayed out If...
  4. Task Manager Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Manager Access Denied: Hello Community, I recently wanted to terminate end a task a task that keeps crashing my PC. As i click *End Task* it shows up 'Access Denied'. How can i fix this? sorry if its low detailed, if you need more info just reply...
  5. Windows services access denied for wuauserv

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows services access denied for wuauserv: Hi, I am having trouble installing windows updates and apps from the microsoft store. When i try to install any app from the microsoft store I get the message "Windows Update is disabled. You can repair Windows Update by running the Windows Update troubleshooter in Settings...
  6. Task Manager 'access denied'

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager 'access denied': When is go to task manager as an administrator and try to change the priority of a game i get the message 'access denied ' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-access-denied/472e548c-c469-4a62-8771-d44284bbd8b0
  7. Windows Update Service (wuauserv) Access Denied

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update Service (wuauserv) Access Denied: Hello fellow Redditor, I have recently made an attempt to install the new updates for my Windows 10 Build 1909 system. However, when I went into settings and clicked "check for updates" in the updating section, I received error code 0x80070422. I then ran the Windows Update...
  8. TASK MANAGER "ACCESS DENIED"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TASK MANAGER "ACCESS DENIED": Hello there i was installing a new software call music maker 2017 steam edition on my pc so i opened all good for this point but it started to crash and after that i decided well maybe is a bugg i would turn off my pc . i turn off the pc i started as normal but this...
  9. Location Services Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Location Services Grayed Out: How do I turn on Location Services on my Windows 10 PC. I have tried many fixed from the Community but nothing has worked. Is there a real fix for this problem. Thank you. Richard...
  10. is your task scheduler service gray out by default?

in Windows 10 Support
    is your task scheduler service gray out by default?: Hi i post here because i guess it's the right place , seeing Performance & Maintenance it more about tweaking and restore service and so on may i ask you a question ? is you task scheduler service gray out by default? like this ? [img] thanks a lot sorry for my poor...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wuauserv Windows Update access denied

2. wuauserv acces denied

3. wuauserv grayed out

4. windows 10 wuauserv service access id denied