Windows 10: wuauserv

Discus and support wuauserv in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I stupidly deleted the Windows Update from the Registry. Online instruction to reinstall seem over my skill level. Is there an easy way? Thank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 555d, Jun 21, 2021.

1. 555d Win User

wuauserv

I stupidly deleted the Windows Update from the Registry. Online instruction to reinstall seem over my skill level. Is there an easy way? Thank you.

:)

2. Windows Store

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and then try to download the applications from the Windows store.

1) Open Command Prompt with administrative privileges.

2) Type following commands one by one:

• net stop wuauserv
    • cd\windows
    • rename SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bck
    • net start wuauserv
    For Taskbar issue try to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1) Type and Open Taskbar and start menu properties from the search box.

2) Make sure that you have unchecked the auto hide the taskbar.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 21, 2021
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Email, contacts, store etc... stops to work

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type the following commands in the given order and press Enter
      key after each command.

1. net stop wuauserv

2. rename c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old

3. net start wuauserv

• Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

After performing the above steps, I suggest you to try installing all the updates available for the system and check if it helps.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jun 21, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

wuauserv

Windows Update - Service registration is missing or corrupt

Hi Nitya,

Upon analyzing the details and the troubleshooting steps you have done so far, we suggest that you
    manually reset your Windows Update Components
    by following these
    troubleshooting steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator

• Stop
      BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and Windows Update Services. To do this,
      type the following command:

• Net stop wuauserv

• Net stop cryptSvc

• Net stop bits

• Net stop msiserver

• Rename
      SoftwareDistribution
      and
      Catroot2
      folder. To do this, type the following commands:

• Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

• Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

• Restart
      BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and Windows Update Services. To do this,
      type the following command:

• Net start wuauserv

• Net start cryptSvc

• Net start bits

• Net start msiserver

• Restart
      your computer and try to
      install Windows Update.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards

Kem Mon, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

wuauserv

1. wuauserv - Similar Threads - wuauserv

2. "wuauserv" Isn't on my Computer at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "wuauserv" Isn't on my Computer at all.: PLEASE READ, DO NOT C&P A RESPONSEPLEASE READ, DO NOT C&P A RESPONSEI've been using windows since Vista and this is probably the most unique problem I have seen EVER.Feb 16th, I was deciding it's time for Windows 11 for particular reasons and preferences, until I could not...
  3. "wuauserv" Isn't on my Computer at all.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "wuauserv" Isn't on my Computer at all.: PLEASE READ, DO NOT C&P A RESPONSEPLEASE READ, DO NOT C&P A RESPONSEI've been using windows since Vista and this is probably the most unique problem I have seen EVER.Feb 16th, I was deciding it's time for Windows 11 for particular reasons and preferences, until I could not...
  4. "wuauserv" Isn't on my Computer at all.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I need some help. My PC was missing Windows Update and have error with wuauserv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need some help. My PC was missing Windows Update and have error with wuauserv: Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-some-help-my-pc-was-missing-windows-update/48fa441b-9603-4b3c-b59e-88a76be376e5
  6. I need some help. My PC was missing Windows Update and have error with wuauserv

I need some help. My PC was missing Windows Update and have error with wuauserv: Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-some-help-my-pc-was-missing-windows-update/48fa441b-9603-4b3c-b59e-88a76be376e5
  7. I need some help. My PC was missing Windows Update and have error with wuauserv

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. windows update service or wuauserv is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update service or wuauserv is missing: wuauserv is missing from my computer, i can't update my windows,i already tried manually adding the registry and use 3rd party tool the result are the registry dissapeared when i reboot and 3rd party tool did absolutely nothing, usually i don't care about this because didn't...
  9. windows update service or wuauserv is missing

windows update service or wuauserv is missing: wuauserv is missing from my computer, i can't update my windows,i already tried manually adding the registry and use 3rd party tool the result are the registry dissapeared when i reboot and 3rd party tool did absolutely nothing, usually i don't care about this because didn't...
  10. windows update service or wuauserv is missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade