Windows 10: wuausrv disappeared 0xc0020036

Discus and support wuausrv disappeared 0xc0020036 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear Ms Community, It does not seems to be a trivial problem, and as a person who is somewhat familiar with computers I've tried several methods... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AndrisGyori, Apr 2, 2020.

1. wuausrv disappeared 0xc0020036

Dear Ms Community,

It does not seems to be a trivial problem, and as a person who is somewhat familiar with computers I've tried several methods before coming here.

Current windows version read from safe mode background : Build 17134.rs4_release.180410-1804

It all started with Windows firewall blocking a winsrv or something similar named exe for accessing the network. Then I realised that something was wrong, and I run a Kaspersky rescue disk to deep scan for viruses. It has found a Trojan and a cryptomining kit, that was removed by then.

It has also found a KMS kit which is used for illegally activating Windows, which I was surprised about as I bought this laptop second handed with a preinstalled Win 8.1, with a valid license key sticker on the back of the laptop, which I entered as the first thing when I received it. Since there was no prompt of me saying that I don't have a license and tbh I did not bother looking into that matter before.

Upon restarting, I tried to run a windows update as the fact that I did not update it for at least 3 months striked meI did not receive any notification and as I look back that should've been a clue. When I went to Windows update, it said that everything is up to date, and I thought fine, just in case I'll click on the "check for updates". Then it gave me an error code in which from I went to restart the wuausrv. Unfortunately I did not note down this error code.

However it said that the service is missing. Then I booted up to Safe mode, where I selected the Troubleshoot problems with Windows Update, and it said that I needed to download the updates.
    There I rebooted to Safe mode with Networking, where I also went for Troubleshoot problems with Windows Update, and then it said it cannot identify the problems. There I checked the Windows Update
    settings, however all I could see was a white emptyness.

I ran SFC /scannow and it said that it found corruptions that it could not fix, even in command prompt boot.

I also tried to update windows with the Update Assistant to get 1909, but in Edge, the page just loaded for a fraction of a second and then it said that the page is not available. From Firefox I've managed to download it, and it was running perfectly, it downloaded but when I got to the "installing updates" it crashed with the error code 0xc0020036. The solution I found for it was to update windows but without windows update it is not viable.

My last idea is to use DISM to repair everything it can from an ISO template because it could not do it from an online template from Safe mode with Networking.

My guess is that due to not updating, I got a trojan that uses an older windows exploit and for it to keep the backdoor open it denies the automatic update procedures. I may have deleted the main part but some leftovers are still in some system files or configs that prevent me from getting back to updating normally.

What would be your suggestion to fix this problem?
    Is there a way to forcefully reinstall windows components that are corrupted?

Unfortunately reinstalling the whole system is not an option.

Thank you!
    Andris

:)

AndrisGyori, Apr 2, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Windows is not activated - Error 0xC004F012 / 0xc0020036

That something is really messed up....

This is what you should get:

wuausrv disappeared  0xc0020036 [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Apr 2, 2020
  4. wuausrv disappeared 0xc0020036

Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

Dude this was a year ago

Forbidden Duck, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

wuausrv disappeared 0xc0020036

1. wuausrv disappeared 0xc0020036 - Similar Threads - wuausrv disappeared 0xc0020036

2. 0xC0020036

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xC0020036: WHY I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR THE PAST @ DAYS TO INSTALL MINECRAFT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0xc0020036/2c8ee24b-5839-41ed-9990-cc6ecccc1c0a
  3. 0xC0020036

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0xC0020036: WHY I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR THE PAST @ DAYS TO INSTALL MINECRAFT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0xc0020036/2c8ee24b-5839-41ed-9990-cc6ecccc1c0a
  4. Code: 0xC0020036

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Code: 0xC0020036: I can't update or open any Windows 10 Apps on my PC. All of these apps, such as "Get help, Voice Recorder" And more have been working for a long time. Until a few weeks ago they all stopped working for some reason. I realized that all of these apps needed to be updated in the...
  5. Error code: 0xC0020036

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code: 0xC0020036: I wanted to download Gangster: New Orleans in my laptop but when I click download it says error and I tried again but now it only says acquiring license. Please help!!...
  6. Code: 0xC0020036

Code: 0xC0020036: Hi! So I've been trying to install things on the Microsoft Store, but I will keep getting this error code: Code: 0xC0020036. There is also a problem with my BITS service too ever since I joined the Insider Preview for 20H2. Here's the BITS error code: Problem with BITS...
  7. error code 0xc0020036

error code 0xc0020036: I am trying to update my windows version from 1909 to 2004 and i am trying to do the update in safe mode but this error code comes up everytime when i try to update from windows 10 update assistant...
  8. Error Code 0xc0020036

Error Code 0xc0020036: I have a foul licenced laptop, for years, with foul activated windows and the last month i try several times to make the last updates, with many ways and MS tools but, the update crashes all the time with the Error Code 0xc0020036.... I dont know whats wrong.... Plz give...
  9. Activation error 0xc0020036

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation error 0xc0020036: i recently changed mother bords so i needed to get a new copy of windows 10. I purchased a copy and it has not worked the store page has a blue try again button on the wondows 10 page and when ever i run the compatabilaty trobbleshooter it has the error, something prevented...
  10. error 0xc0020036

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    error 0xc0020036: Hi, I have received this error before, about 3 months ago, I have then contacted windows support (when they still had an existing customer service via live-chat). They connected via Team-Viewer and told me sthg. went really wrong but I had an active key and it was some bug,...
Tags: