Windows 10: wuausrv Windows Update service serious bug?

Discus and support wuausrv Windows Update service serious bug? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, I did the usual thing of running through updates once a weekish like I normally do. Included in that was KB4535996 back when it was new. And now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IanLuminus, Mar 13, 2020.

1. wuausrv Windows Update service serious bug?

So, I did the usual thing of running through updates once a weekish like I normally do. Included in that was KB4535996 back when it was new. And now ever since then, even after uninstalling the update, I have this issue whenever Windows Update wants to reach out during Active Hours just to check for updates.

https://imgur.com/a/QIyyXJk

This was taken two minutes after a fresh boot. Am I going to have to run a repair install or reformat to get rid of this?

I have nothing blocked on firewall that should impact this I checked three times, I've run memtest via USB on boot, I've run stress tests on all my hardware and my internet is not at fault because I can do a manual check for updates and have it come through with no issues.

In case someone may ask:
    Windows 10 1909 build 18363.657

i7 6700

16GB DDR4

All drivers up to date, no issues on any virus scans, etc.

I am the only one that uses this PC, all admin privileges are applied where needed.. none of this happened until installing KB4535996.

:)

IanLuminus, Mar 13, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Mar 13, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 13, 2020
  4. wuausrv Windows Update service serious bug?

Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

I will try changing their settings sometime, the one thing I've noticed about this guide is that it doesn't list the Windows services that NEED to be left as local system, so some people might not be too sure what they're doing and worry about any that aren't listed. Just a suggestion that you might want to include in any future revisions. *Smile wuausrv Windows Update service serious bug? :)

The non-default ones I have that you have not listed are:

.Net Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86
    Ati HotKey Poller
    ATI Smart
    AVG E-mail Scanner
    AVG7 Alert Manager Server
    AVG7 Update Service
    BlueSoleil Hid Service
    Bluetooth Support Service
    ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard
    iPod Service
    Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service
    Service Layer
    Windows Defender Service

The problem is that the only ones of these I actually use are The AVG and Windows Defender services and occasionally the "Service Layer" service (related to Nokia PC Suite) and the "Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service" (related to WindowsLive Messenger). Anyway, I'll see how much I can secure those and post back how I get on. I'll try to test it sometime this week just I'm a bit waring of changing the AVG settings because the only way to test if it was still working would be for a virus to be detected... and I' rather I didn't get viruses!

Jimmy 2004, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

wuausrv Windows Update service serious bug?

1. wuausrv Windows Update service serious bug? - Similar Threads - wuausrv Update service

2. Windows 10 serious bug

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 serious bug: I am facing an issue in which I was having a bluetooth driver update 2 days ago on windows update while the driver was downloading I by mistake paused my updates and when I resumed them the bluetooth driver update was no more. Then I rushed to windows update history the...
  3. Windows 10 serious bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 serious bug: I am facing an issue in which I was having a bluetooth driver update 2 days ago on windows update while the driver was downloading I by mistake paused my updates and when I resumed them the bluetooth driver update was no more. Then I rushed to windows update history the...
  4. Windows 10 serious bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Found serious Bug in microsoft Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Found serious Bug in microsoft Windows 10: Hi Microsoft, my setting language still remain to Chinese Language even change everything to English. Look at my desktop its already English. License: Windows 10 ProVersion: 2004Build: 19041.508...
  6. wuausrv disappeared 0xc0020036

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wuausrv disappeared 0xc0020036: Dear Ms Community, It does not seems to be a trivial problem, and as a person who is somewhat familiar with computers I've tried several methods before coming here. Current windows version read from safe mode background : Build 17134.rs4_release.180410-1804 It all started...
  7. Bluray Drive File View is seriously bugged!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluray Drive File View is seriously bugged!: Ok iv tested for a long time now and know how to use an os Im on the latest windows 10 Pro 64bit build 17763.316 The issue i have is the Bluray drive No matter how you try to set files on any disk to show Tiles View it always defaults to Details View Even tried going to...
  8. Serious Bug In Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Serious Bug In Windows 10: There's been this serious bug in Windows 10 sense the RTM release last year. I am currently on version 1511 (OS Build 10586.71) Windows 10 Pro x64 and the bug is still there. I tried calling Microsoft numerous of times to report the bug, but they weren't helpful at all. I...
  9. Very Serious Bug In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Very Serious Bug In Windows 10: Please read thoroughly. There's been this serious bug in Windows 10 sense the RTM release last year. I am currently on version 1511 (OS Build 10586.71) Windows 10 Pro x64 and the bug is still there. I tried calling Microsoft numerous of times to report the bug, but they...
  10. Serious bug in Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Serious bug in Windows: I have noticed a serious bug in Windows. It's happened before but I didn't know why. Now I think I do! This happened today on all three of our machines. All were left on a while, idle enough time for Windows defender to do some kind of background auto scan. After I went to...