Windows 10: wudf.exe flagged by virustotal

Discus and support wudf.exe flagged by virustotal in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I recently ran the Autorun program to see what services are started upon Logon. I noticed a file named ''wudf.exe'', original file name... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LukasBöar, Dec 4, 2023.

1. wudf.exe flagged by virustotal

Hi,I recently ran the Autorun program to see what services are started upon Logon. I noticed a file named ''wudf.exe'', original file name ''wudf2.exe''. I ran a virustotal scan and it is flagged. Anyone tell me if this is a legit service, or is it a virus on my system? I haven't installed anything fishy so I'm not entirely sure. The file is also from 2009 which is strange. Can't find much online.

:)

LukasBöar, Dec 4, 2023
  2. Callender Win User

VirusTotal is Flagging Windows .exe's

I see this:

wudf.exe flagged by virustotal 215120d1543143297t-virustotal-flagging-windows-exes-processes.jpg

wudf.exe flagged by virustotal 215121d1543143328t-virustotal-flagging-windows-exes-vt.jpg

So nothing to worry about. Files scan clean with onboard AV and secondary Anti-Malware programs.

Callender, Dec 4, 2023
  3. ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8 and flagged as poor by Talos, VirusTotal

5/9/2023 our firewalls getting threat intelligence feed from Talos flagged "ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8" as malicious and triggered DNS poisining attack in our environment

we would like to confirm that 209.197.3.8 is indeed used by Microsoft and if microsoft can check with CDN vendor on the reputation of this IP.

VirusTotal is also flagging this IP.

ASSAF Patrick, Dec 4, 2023
  4. wudf.exe flagged by virustotal

virustotal

Below is from their support area.

1) A list of each reviewing partner and their findings. Possible findings are:

• Undetected: The given engine does not detect the file as malicious.
    • Suspicious: The given engine flags the file as suspicious.
    • Unable to process file type: The given engine does not understand the type of file submitted and so will not produce verdicts for it.
    • Timeout: The given engine reached VirusTotal's time execution limit when processing the file and so no verdicts were recorded for it.

Make of that what you will.

Take a look at this PDF:

Search it for the word "detected". I got 21 hits, some related to Virustotal.

https://www.virusbulletin.com/upload...017-Abrams.pdf

ignatzatsonic, Dec 4, 2023
Thema:

wudf.exe flagged by virustotal

1. wudf.exe flagged by virustotal - Similar Threads - wudf exe flagged

2. Virustotal flagged my console app .net 4.7.2 as malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virustotal flagged my console app .net 4.7.2 as malware: HeyJust wanted to know if it malware or false positiveif someone have deep understanding about that and can read deeply and answer I would really appreciate that It’s .net 4.7.2 console applicationI have ESET on my pc , didn’t suspect anythingVirustotal :...
  3. Virustotal flagged my console app .net 4.7.2 as malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virustotal flagged my console app .net 4.7.2 as malware: HeyJust wanted to know if it malware or false positiveif someone have deep understanding about that and can read deeply and answer I would really appreciate that It’s .net 4.7.2 console applicationI have ESET on my pc , didn’t suspect anythingVirustotal :...
  4. Virustotal flagged my console app .net 4.7.2 as malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. wudf.exe flagged by virustotal

wudf.exe flagged by virustotal: Hi,I recently ran the Autorun program to see what services are started upon Logon. I noticed a file named ''wudf.exe'', original file name ''wudf2.exe''. I ran a virustotal scan and it is flagged. Anyone tell me if this is a legit service, or is it a virus on my system? I...
  6. wudf.exe flagged by virustotal

wudf.exe flagged by virustotal: Hi,I recently ran the Autorun program to see what services are started upon Logon. I noticed a file named ''wudf.exe'', original file name ''wudf2.exe''. I ran a virustotal scan and it is flagged. Anyone tell me if this is a legit service, or is it a virus on my system? I...
  7. ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8 and flagged as poor by Talos, VirusTotal

ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8 and flagged as poor by Talos, VirusTotal: 5/9/2023 our firewalls getting threat intelligence feed from Talos flagged "ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8" as malicious and triggered DNS poisining attack in our environment we would like to confirm that 209.197.3.8 is indeed used by Microsoft and if...
  8. ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8 and flagged as poor by Talos, VirusTotal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8 and flagged as poor by Talos, VirusTotal: 5/9/2023 our firewalls getting threat intelligence feed from Talos flagged "ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8" as malicious and triggered DNS poisining attack in our environment we would like to confirm that 209.197.3.8 is indeed used by Microsoft and if...
  9. ctldl.windowsupdate.com resolving to CDN 209.197.3.8 and flagged as poor by Talos, VirusTotal

10. VirusTotal is Flagging Windows .exe's

VirusTotal is Flagging Windows .exe's: Hello All, My first post here so let's hope I'm not breaking any forum rules off the bat (specifically my posting of a Mega video link). I'm pretty keen to get this looked at so I haven't taken the time to read through all the rules yet but will very shortly - sorry if I...