Windows 10: WUDFRd Driver Failed to Load

Discus and support WUDFRd Driver Failed to Load in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was upgrading Windows 10 today when I got Driver WUDFRd Driver load issue. I don't know what caused it. The event ID was 219. I tried to run the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Oli291, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Oli291 Win User

WUDFRd Driver Failed to Load

I was upgrading Windows 10 today when I got Driver WUDFRd Driver load issue. I don't know what caused it. The event ID was 219. I tried to run the windows updates to have it fixed but it didn't work out! please help me out here to solve this issue. Thanks!

:)

Oli291, Mar 11, 2018

2. Computer shuts down abruptly and boots itself back up. Likely the cause of a Kernel-PnP error

Hello Microsoft community,

As of a couple of months I've been having issues with my computer which I've built on my own. I have never had issues before but for some reason I've been getting errors with some drivers and they make my computer turn off abruptly.

The errors in question are Even ID 219 errors indicating that WUDFRD has failed to load for the device... etc.

Now I'm getting two of these:

The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&0.

and

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ROOT\WPD\0000.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

BerylliumBryan, Mar 11, 2018
  3. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience and we will surely help you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better please provide few details.

1. Have you installed the Windows 10 update successfully?

I would suggest you to remove all the external devices and check if the issue persists.

1) If you are getting this message even if there are no other external devices plugged in then you may follow these steps:

From Device Manager Update all device drivers and restart the system to check if that helps.

1. Press
    Windows
    key + R key from the Desktop.

2.Type devmgmt.msc and hit
    Enter.

3. Select the driver from the list.

4. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software

You may also install any pending updates on the pc to keep the system up to date.

2) You may update the motherboard chipset drivers and check if that helps. You will get the latest drivers from the OEM website.

a. Press Windows and X keys together

b. Click on Device Manager.

c. Select Processors from the list.

d. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver Software.

Reference: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Suvarna Govinda, Mar 11, 2018
  4. pbcopter Win User

Hi and Welcome!
    I do not believe you have a problem with your system. I believe the error logged in the event viewer is caused by a start up timing issue that is resolved before the start up is completed..
    I have those event viewer entries in all of my Windows 10 systems and all are running with no issues.

pbcopter, Mar 11, 2018
  5. rezpower Win User
    Usually this is a Kernel-Pnp message telling you that WUDFRd failed to load a device.
    ex:
    The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device USB\VID_138A&PID_003D
    or
    The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\HPQ6000\3&b1bfb68&0.

so first thing is to see what device it could not load.

rezpower, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WUDFRd Driver Failed to Load - Similar Threads - WUDFRd Driver Failed

2. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...: I have been getting freezes and then blue screens and event viewer has told me this: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1903&SUBSYS_371717AA&REV_05\3&11583659&2&20. This driver is for Intel Dynamic Tuning Processor Participant. Every...
  3. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...: I have been getting freezes and then blue screens and event viewer has told me this: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1903&SUBSYS_371717AA&REV_05\3&11583659&2&20. This driver is for Intel Dynamic Tuning Processor Participant. Every...
  4. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. What driver is this The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What driver is this The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...: I always get this warning message when i boot my computer Intel core i3 8130U 4gb ram intel optane+932gbhddintel uhd graphics 620Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 8/17/2022 7:16:08 AM Event ID: 219 Task Category: 212 Level: Warning Keywords: User:...
  6. What driver is this The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What driver is this The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...: I always get this warning message when i boot my computer Intel core i3 8130U 4gb ram intel optane+932gbhddintel uhd graphics 620Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 8/17/2022 7:16:08 AM Event ID: 219 Task Category: 212 Level: Warning Keywords: User:...
  7. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...: This warning shows up in my System Log just after a reboot. Any ideas what is causing this? Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 3/25/2021 11:38:40 AM Event ID: 219 Task Category: 212 Level: Warning Keywords:...
  8. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device HID\VID_046D&PID_0AAA&MI_03&Col02\7&26d7e364&0&0001. I keep getting this warning message in the event viewer on Windows 10 version 2004 I have a Logitech g pro x headset I have removed the driver also the logitech...
  9. The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device

The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device: Full event error: The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device {C5A047D8-CB5B-40E9-B9E3-316AB06B5A18}\WirelessKeyboardFilter` Driver environment: Windows 10 x64 desktop I have a wireless Microsoft mouse I do not have a Microsoft wireless keyboard I have the...
  10. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device: Hi, I'm been having issues a looong time with different sorts of BSOD's but I've been able to cook it down to this last one after replacing both graphics card and Logitech headset. Latest error which occuring at least once per day: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&0.

2. wudfrd failed to load for the device {c8c28294-e6da-41c1-ac7d-eea174dc81d8}\surfacedialdetection\

3. The driver \Driver\hdlpdbk failed to load for the device

4. PCI\VEN_5853&DEV_1003\1&79f5d87&1&03,
  5. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device PCI\VEN_5853&DEV_1003,
  6. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device PCI\VEN_5853&DEV_1003\1&79f5d87&1&03.,
  7. \driverWudfrd failed to load computer locks,
  8. kernel-pnp 219 WUDFRd WirelessKeyboardFilter,
  9. The driver \Driver\hdlpdbk failed to load for the device USB,
  10. hdlpdbk failed to load for the device USB,
  11. windows10 device root\proximity\0000 driver \device\wudfrd not loading,
  12. driver \driver\wudfrd failed to load for the device acpi\pnp0a0a\2&daba3ff&0,
  13. USB\VID_1050&PID_0407,
  14. The driver \Driver\hdlpdbk failed to load for the device USB\VID_1050&PID_0407\5&b4bbb&0&1,
  15. windows 10 wudfrd failed to load