Windows 10: WUDFRd failed to load for the device - BSODs

Discus and support WUDFRd failed to load for the device - BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, for a while I've been getting intermittent BSODs attached to this warning: The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Urdabrunnr, Sep 6, 2018.

1. WUDFRd failed to load for the device - BSODs

Hi, for a while I've been getting intermittent BSODs attached to this warning:

The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&1.

I've run memory tests and tried various suggestions. It seems to happen mostly when I'm using Chrome or doing something graphics/memory intensive.

DMP log is below. (It happens very rarely so I'm afraid there is only 1)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m3la5zmcoimpi98/090618-7109-01.dmp?dl=0

Any clues?

Thanks.

:)

Urdabrunnr, Sep 6, 2018
  2. rezpower Win User

WUDFRd Driver Failed to Load

Usually this is a Kernel-Pnp message telling you that WUDFRd failed to load a device.
    ex:
    The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device USB\VID_138A&PID_003D
    or
    The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\HPQ6000\3&b1bfb68&0.

so first thing is to see what device it could not load.

rezpower, Sep 6, 2018
  3. aardvark Win User
    The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device

Full event error: The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device {C5A047D8-CB5B-40E9-B9E3-316AB06B5A18}\WirelessKeyboardFilter`

Driver environment:
    Windows 10 x64 desktop
    I have a wireless Microsoft mouse
    I do not have a Microsoft wireless keyboard
    I have the associated transceiver that should work for both (if installed)

This problem started when my Microsoft wireless mouse driver was updated to version 1.0.102.0 (dated 3/16/2016).
    This driver update also appears to be responsible for a few other device errors as well:

WUDFRd failed to load for the device - BSODs [​IMG]

I believe this new driver assumes you have a wireless keyboard (without checking) and just tries to load a driver for it.

My temporary fix is/was to rollback the driver to the previous Microsoft version 10.0.10586.0 (dated 6/21/2006):

Anyone else run across this condition or have a known solution using the latest driver?

Thanks,

aardvark, Sep 6, 2018
  4. WUDFRd failed to load for the device - BSODs

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device

Hi,

I'm been having issues a looong time with different sorts of BSOD's but I've been able to cook it down to this last one after replacing both graphics card and Logitech headset.

Latest error which occuring at least once per day:
    The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\{01539fd4-4f12-11e4-824c-806e6f6e6963}#00000000007E0000.

This happens very random and I'm really lost here.

Thanks! / Micke

Frostflake, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

WUDFRd failed to load for the device - BSODs

1. WUDFRd failed to load for the device - BSODs - Similar Threads - WUDFRd failed load

2. The driver WudfRd failed to load for the device HID\VID

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The driver WudfRd failed to load for the device HID\VID: I have had problems with my pc crashing for a while now and I have tried a few different things like installing new drivers and reinstalled windows without any luck. Would love any kind of help or suggestions on what could be wrong.- <Event...
  3. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...: I have been getting freezes and then blue screens and event viewer has told me this: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1903&SUBSYS_371717AA&REV_05\3&11583659&2&20. This driver is for Intel Dynamic Tuning Processor Participant. Every...
  4. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...: I have been getting freezes and then blue screens and event viewer has told me this: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1903&SUBSYS_371717AA&REV_05\3&11583659&2&20. This driver is for Intel Dynamic Tuning Processor Participant. Every...
  5. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. The driver WudfRd failed to load for the device HID\VID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The driver WudfRd failed to load for the device HID\VID: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9c205a39-1250-487d-abd7-e831c6290539}" /> <EventID>219</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>3</Level> <Task>212</Task>...
  7. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...: This warning shows up in my System Log just after a reboot. Any ideas what is causing this? Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 3/25/2021 11:38:40 AM Event ID: 219 Task Category: 212 Level: Warning Keywords:...
  8. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device...: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device HID\VID_046D&PID_0AAA&MI_03&Col02\7&26d7e364&0&0001. I keep getting this warning message in the event viewer on Windows 10 version 2004 I have a Logitech g pro x headset I have removed the driver also the logitech...
  9. The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device

The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device: Full event error: The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device {C5A047D8-CB5B-40E9-B9E3-316AB06B5A18}\WirelessKeyboardFilter` Driver environment: Windows 10 x64 desktop I have a wireless Microsoft mouse I do not have a Microsoft wireless keyboard I have the...
  10. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device: Hi, I'm been having issues a looong time with different sorts of BSOD's but I've been able to cook it down to this last one after replacing both graphics card and Logitech headset. Latest error which occuring at least once per day: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to...