Windows 10: WUFB Deferred Updates

Discus and support WUFB Deferred Updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I hope someone can help me, I have rolled out WUFB and as most companies we deferred the Updates in different Deployments Rings. Just so I know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JustinSwift, Nov 14, 2019.

1. WUFB Deferred Updates

Hi

I hope someone can help me, I have rolled out WUFB and as most companies we deferred the Updates in different Deployments Rings.

Just so I know what will be installed on client devices is there a method to show all the Updates that will be installed on the local device when the deferred date is reached .

Thank you

:)

JustinSwift, Nov 14, 2019

2. How to defer updates/upgrades on Windows 10?

Answer

I'm surprised that nobody in this discussion knows how to defer updates in Windows 10. I recently performed a clean install of Windows 10 in a VM and updated to the Anniversary Update before going back to Insider Preview.

The steps on how to defer updates for the
    Anniversary Update are:

Please refer to the following article:

Skat0r vista, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Defer Anniversary Update in Windows 10

Hello Barrier,

We regret the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed any further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the edition of windows 10 installed in your PC? (To know whether you have access to
      Local Group Policy Editor)
    • Are you using a wired or a non wired mode of internet connection? Because, setting a Metered connection in Windows helps in such cases, though it only works with when connected using a Wi-Fi network

Now, Windows 10 is designed to automatically receive and install updates. However, a user may choose to defer future Windows updates from installing. Follow the below steps.

• To defer the anniversary updates, first open the settings app and click on the “Update & security
    • Now navigate to the “Windows Update” –> scroll to bottom and click the “Advanced options” link
    • In the advance update settings page, search for the checkbox labelled “Defer feature updates”. If it is unchecked, check it to true to defer the feature update of anniversary upgrade. If you change your mind in future, come to the same
      page again and uncheck it. You will then be able to upgrade to the new major version.
    Please note that, deferring upgrades will prevent you from getting the latest Windows features but will not prevent you from getting the important security updates.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to deferring Windows update, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 14, 2019
  4. LemP Win User

WUFB Deferred Updates

Defer Windows Updates

What's the current suggested length of time to defer updates on Windows 10 Pro --

-- feature updates?

-- quality updates?

Thema:

WUFB Deferred Updates

1. WUFB Deferred Updates - Similar Threads - WUFB Deferred Updates

2. Defer feature update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defer feature update: Hi. My PC has an issue with 21H2 build of Windows, when it's installed my whole PC stutters, even when it's not under a heavy load. I can be watching a youtube video or browsing a webpage and it's as if my PC is skipping whole frames.I've installed the latest updates for all...
  3. Defer feature update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defer feature update: Hi. My PC has an issue with 21H2 build of Windows, when it's installed my whole PC stutters, even when it's not under a heavy load. I can be watching a youtube video or browsing a webpage and it's as if my PC is skipping whole frames.I've installed the latest updates for all...
  4. Defer feature update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. About deferring updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    About deferring updates: Hey, I recently activated activated the "defer updates" feature but, I was wondering if I enable option 2 in automatic updates through group policy wich will only notify me. Will I download the latest updates regardless of the time range I set to defer the updates if I update...
  6. Rolling out WufB with Update Compliance in Azure

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rolling out WufB with Update Compliance in Azure: Hi guys I am currently rolling out Windows Update for Business for our Win 10 clients. This worked pretty well and I also want to monitor Updates in Azure with the Update Compliance. So I set up everything as Microsoft requires. First I was not able to get any data in the...
  7. Defer Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Defer Windows Updates: What's the current suggested length of time to defer updates on Windows 10 Pro -- -- feature updates? -- quality updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defer-windows-updates/2f3fc815-d936-4d75-a3bb-b77513deb6f3
  8. Deferring Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deferring Updates: Hi guys, I apologise if this has been previously discussed but I couldn’t find clarity on the answer we require. We have recently upgraded to the latest creators fall feature update and unfortunately for us it pushed its self through with a restart when one of PCs was on...
  9. Reverse Defer Updates

Reverse Defer Updates: I have seen a lot of threads regarding the "Defer Updates" feature in Windows 10 Pro. After activating this feature by checking the Defer Update box, is there a way to to reverse "Defer Updates" and start receiving all updates again? 40652
  10. Defer updates

Defer updates: Something I just experienced and wondering about how or why it can be this way. I have had 10 on my machine for a month or more now. Just finished upgrading my wife's a couple of hours ago. Identical computers as far as make,model etc. Did a check for updates on mine just...