Windows 10: WUMT (Windows Update MiniTool) Runs Only Failed Attempts To Upgrade OS

Discus and support WUMT (Windows Update MiniTool) Runs Only Failed Attempts To Upgrade OS in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Finally plowed through errors that kept this program in upgrading to Version 1909. Did not realize before the fixes, anytime that I tried Wumt it would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by graybeard47, Jan 21, 2021.

1. WUMT (Windows Update MiniTool) Runs Only Failed Attempts To Upgrade OS

Finally plowed through errors that kept this program in upgrading to Version 1909. Did not realize before the fixes, anytime that I tried Wumt it would make several attempts to reload before it would throw the error code. Now when this application is launched to load 1909, it pulls up all the failed attempts trying to load these, too. I have tried to figure out how to delete these, but the internet of what I need to search for has not resulted on a key solution . It does not install as other programs in which an uninstaller is useful to clean it out. I have this on another running 10 system and very efficient , simple and ran from the start, clean.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

graybeard47, Jan 21, 2021
  2. erpguy53 Win User

[Guide] Disabling Windows 10 Automatic updates and "spyware"

a combination of WUB [windows update blocker] and WUMT (windows update minitool) will do the trick.
    Get the WUMT Wrapper script from either Majorgeeks or Softpedia.

erpguy53, Jan 21, 2021
  3. tracit99 Win User
    Windows Update MiniTool

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thr...pdate-MiniTool

Use (WUMT --- download) link listed on page from above link.

First you must download the tool (comes in both x86 and x64 versions) then download you preferred language ini file. Place language ini file in same directory as x86 and x64 files.

This tool can give you complete control of Windows Update. You can first view available updates and then decide which ones you want to install. You can also hide updates you do not want. I have disabled Microsoft's Automatic Windows Update and I use this tool exclusively for all Windows Update in Windows 10, 8.1 and 7.

tracit99, Jan 21, 2021
  4. AsRock Win User

WUMT (Windows Update MiniTool) Runs Only Failed Attempts To Upgrade OS

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

WUMT (Windows Update MiniTool) Runs Only Failed Attempts To Upgrade OS

1. WUMT (Windows Update MiniTool) Runs Only Failed Attempts To Upgrade OS - Similar Threads - WUMT Update MiniTool

2. Windows Updates and Upgrade fail - Version 1703; attempt to Upgrade Windows - setupactlogs...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates and Upgrade fail - Version 1703; attempt to Upgrade Windows - setupactlogs...: Version 1703 Windows10 - updates have failed for several years. I believe I've tried all of the normal steps to solve the problem, and the PC continues to rollback. DISM.EXE /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth sfc /scannow net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSDvc net stop...
  3. Windows Update problem with Windows Update MiniTool

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update problem with Windows Update MiniTool: Hello everybody! Here is my problem... I have disabled Automatic Windows Update using the Local Group Policy Editor. Instead, I use Windows Update mini tool. I run it every two weeks and I choose what to install and what not. After months of doing the job fine, today...
  4. Windows Update problem with Windows Update MiniTool

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update problem with Windows Update MiniTool: Hello everybody! Here is my problem... I have disabled Automatic Windows Update using the Local Group Policy Editor. Instead, I use Windows Update mini tool. I run it every two weeks and I choose what to install and what not. After months of doing the job fine, today...
  5. Failed updates, failed attempts at manual update

Failed updates, failed attempts at manual update: Hi, I've been unable to download some updates. Manual updates have also not worked. BACKGROUND System - Windows 10 Pro 1909 - 64 bit Additional security program - Malwarebytes FAILED UPDATES 03/01/2020 – KB2267602 version 1.311.368.0 - error...
  6. windows 10 has attempted to do upgrade and failed.

windows 10 has attempted to do upgrade and failed.: Windows 10 has attempted to do an upgrade and failed, now computer is trying to undo the upgrade and has been trying to do this for several hours . It seems to be stuck. cannot do anything on the computer. any ideas about how to clear it?...
  7. Failed update attempt

Failed update attempt: my pc has been trying to update to Windows 10 but it never is successful. It screws up the start every time as it has to undo all changes. This last time it has caused an endless loop of trying to start. I can hit delete to get into aptio setup utility but not sure what to do...
  8. Migrate OS using MiniTool's Partition Wizard

Migrate OS using MiniTool's Partition Wizard: First, I know the topic I chose wasn't actually related to my question. I want to migrate my Windows OS to a different disk on my computer but am worried I will screw it up. The System, Windows, and Windows RE partitions are on a 128GB SSD. I have a 1TB HDD as well but it has...
  9. Update install attempts failing

Update install attempts failing: Hi, I have recently been unable to successfully install an update: 2018-07 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4338819). The error code comes up as 0x800f0922. For context, the update for 2018-06 cumulative update for windows 10 version...
  10. Windows Update MiniTool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update MiniTool: You can use this tool Windows update minitool , Windows Update MiniTool Download I just tried this and it found several drivers that needed updates. As I precaution I manually checked a couple of devices in Device Manager, and sure enough they updated. This tool is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wumt x86