Windows 10: WUShowHide Tool showing driver updates that aren't listed in WU

Discus and support WUShowHide Tool showing driver updates that aren't listed in WU in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When I run the WUShowHide tool, it lists drivers that are not listed in the main WU interface. Even if there are no updates in WU at all and it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Oubadah, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Oubadah Win User

WUShowHide Tool showing driver updates that aren't listed in WU

When I run the WUShowHide tool, it lists drivers that are not listed in the main WU interface. Even if there are no updates in WU at all and it says it's completely up to date, WUShowHide still lists some - things like Intel SMBus and memory controller drivers. Why is that?

:)

Oubadah, Aug 9, 2016

2. How to disable driver updates on Windows 10 Home x64 1511?

Thanks for responding.

Solution from your link worked to some extent - when I turned back the two methods I mentioned before to default, WU installed the unwanted update again, although it was hidden in wushowhide app. Only after disabling those two methods again it worked.

1) One curious thing is that the wushowhide app shows in available updates, a few of them, however they don't pop in the WU even with everything set to default.

2) Is is the present compilation of W10 that disallows disabling automatic driver updates that worked for me before or may some system files be corrupted?

3) Is there a way to report a newer driver for particular device or a driver not working at all? I've got DVB-T tuner for which WU installs really old driver, which doesn't work neither with W8.1 nor 10.

AlecClaire, Aug 9, 2016
  3. Cannot bar a specific driver (that crashes a Win10 Pro x64 pc) from getting installed via Windows Update

There is a specific driver that is to not be installed on a specific Win10 Pro x64 laptop. This driver is for a discrete GPU that is deactivated in Device Manager and no longer working (in a refurbished pc). Every time this driver gets installed, said pc
    crashes. Other than that, WU works smoothly. The wushowhide app was used to prevent this driver from getting installed; however, WU respects this setting for a few hours only — after that, the not-to-be-installed driver gets eventually installed
    by WU. And, of course, a crash-loop ensues. I'm therefore asking how to make Windows 10 and WU ignore that driver
    for ever. How can this be done?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

Sakis Serafeim, Aug 9, 2016
  4. fjk61011 Win User

Yeah. I noticed that as well.

fjk61011, Aug 13, 2016
  5. Bastet Win User
    Bastet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WUShowHide Tool showing driver updates that aren't listed in WU - Similar Threads - WUShowHide Tool showing

2. Where to find wushowhide tools for window 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where to find wushowhide tools for window 7?: Referring to following link, I would like to know on where to find wushowhide tools for window 7.Does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  3. Where to find wushowhide tools for window 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where to find wushowhide tools for window 7?: Referring to following link, I would like to know on where to find wushowhide tools for window 7.Does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  4. Windows update tools aren't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update tools aren't working: hello so i am stuck on windows 10 1603 this windows 10 is LTSB 2016 enterprise aero and i cannot update to the newest systemcan some one help me plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-tools-arent-working/c7314932-e68e-4732-a212-20b42e3dccdb
  5. Windows update tools aren't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update tools aren't working: hello so i am stuck on windows 10 1603 this windows 10 is LTSB 2016 enterprise aero and i cannot update to the newest systemcan some one help me plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-tools-arent-working/c7314932-e68e-4732-a212-20b42e3dccdb
  6. Windows update tools aren't working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How to Stop Intel Sys Driver from Showing Up in wushowhide

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Stop Intel Sys Driver from Showing Up in wushowhide: 20H2 In -- wushowhide -- I keep Seeing & Hiding the Driver .... INTEL - System - 7/18/1968 12:00:00 a.m. - 10.1.16.7 ....... Group Pol/ WU/ Don't Let Win Install Drivers is Enabled ........... HP and Intel Software Sppt Asst apps Show Nothing ...... Any idea WHY THIS...
  8. WU or Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WU or Media creation tool: I have been advised to try using the Windows 10 media creation tool to see if the upgrade goes any better... What is the difference? Will it do the same sort of update as the WU? i.e keep all programs and files.. 168606
  9. Updates-3 results from 3 sources-WU, wushowhide, Belarc What to do?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates-3 results from 3 sources-WU, wushowhide, Belarc What to do?: win10 Pro 1909 bld 18363.1082 I hope I haven't posted these issues before. Please be kind if I did. I have WU set to "2" (notify don't download) I have drivers blocked from dl from wu. I applied patch from Sept on 5Oct, no issues. When the updates for Oct appeared, I just let...
  10. Wushowhide showing drivers that can't find how to install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wushowhide showing drivers that can't find how to install: Wushowhide is showing "Intel Other hardware- Intel Watchdog Timer Driver" and an Intel 400 driver. The latter I take it is not being installed as I have the actual Intel drivers installed and I normally just hide these. The Watchdog I have no idea about but I can find no...