Windows 10: www.msftconnecttest.com/redirect not working - Windows 10

Discus and support www.msftconnecttest.com/redirect not working - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I´m trying follow this steps bellow, but sometimes works and another don´t in public wifi connection Please try to take following steps. 1.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Diogo Vida__, Sep 12, 2018.

1. www.msftconnecttest.com/redirect not working - Windows 10

Hello I´m trying follow this steps bellow, but sometimes works and another don´t in public wifi connection

Please try to take following steps.

1. Setting -> Default apps -> Choose default apps by protocol.

2. Find HTTP/HTTPS, click on the browser to change.

If you use Internet Explorer, please try to reset to see if it can work.

Here is a link for your reference.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/17441/windows-internet-explorer-change-reset-settings

Can someone please tell me the cause of the problem and how to solve it?

Thanks

:)

Diogo Vida__, Sep 12, 2018

2. msftconnecttest redirect not working on windows 10 public wifi

Seems odd that I can get onto the login page on my iphone (which apparently does not use msftconnecttest as an interim step, but not the laptop.

Can I bypass this msftconnecttest step manually?

Laforestrx, Sep 12, 2018
  3. msftconnecttest redirect not working on windows 10 public wifi

Hi

I have been having problems with public wifi on my laptop since last Nov. Running windows 10.

Every time I try to connect to internet with a restricted site (ie requiring a login/password) browser opens to
    msftconnecttest://redirect

and never goes any further - get stuck in this loop. It has been an issue since a windows 10 update sometime in fall 2017.

I have tried:

changing default browser from edge to IE, (even tried googlechrome)

reseting internet options (internet options ->advanced-> reset (but not to factory settings to delete all my personal home pages ect)

fiddling with the VPN settings

None of these seem to work.

Only way I can connect is to use a personal hotspot.

Why is this an ongoing issue?

Please provide a solution that I can copy/paste into a word or text doc that I can post on my desktop so I can remember this again when I travel next time.

Laforestrx, Sep 12, 2018
  4. www.msftconnecttest.com/redirect not working - Windows 10

msftconnecttest redirect not working on windows 10 public wifi

I'm not trying to use VPN, but one of the previous "tips" for resolving this issue did include making a change to the VPN site. I'm just trying to connect through regular wifi to the internet.

What happens is I choose the public connection (with the little exclamation point next to the wifi symbol), and it will say "connected" but there is no internet because of this msftconnecttest not reaching the website to use the login code.

Laforestrx, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

www.msftconnecttest.com/redirect not working - Windows 10

1. www.msftconnecttest.com/redirect not working - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - www msftconnecttest com

2. Cannot get COM ports to work in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get COM ports to work in windows 10: After either one or two Windows Updates the Ports COM &LPT option disappeared which now means I cannot connect to my GPS devices which I routinely have to for my work. I tried the "Action>Add Legacy Hardware>Install Manually>Ports LPT & COM>Standard Port Types>Communications...
  3. Cannot get COM ports to work in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot get COM ports to work in windows 10: After either one or two Windows Updates the Ports COM &LPT option disappeared which now means I cannot connect to my GPS devices which I routinely have to for my work. I tried the "Action>Add Legacy Hardware>Install Manually>Ports LPT & COM>Standard Port Types>Communications...
  4. What is www.007guard.com?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is www.007guard.com?!: I was looking through my resource manager and found a domain called www.007guard.com in the network activity section. I’ve only seen it pop up when starting up nvidia GeForce experience and steam, I looked around and heard things about it possibly being malicious, I’ve looked...
  5. What is www.007guard.com?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is www.007guard.com?!: I was looking through my resource manager and found a domain called www.007guard.com in the network activity section. I’ve only seen it pop up when starting up nvidia GeForce experience and steam, I looked around and heard things about it possibly being malicious, I’ve looked...
  6. What is www.007guard.com?!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. How to remove msftconnecttest redirect error

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove msftconnecttest redirect error: [ATTACH]Have you ever wondered how Windows figures out if you have a stable internet connection? It takes a few seconds, usually for Windows, to tell […] This article How to remove msftconnecttest redirect error first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Windows Store not work - www.msftconnecttest.com/redirect not working - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Store not work - www.msftconnecttest.com/redirect not working - Windows 10: Windows Store not work - www.msftconnecttest.com/redirect not working - Windows 10 and my web browsers didn't open skype login, outlook login pages !.. How i fixed ? With this program i fixed all ! https://www.rizonesoft.com/downloads/complete-internet-repair/...
  9. Windows 10 Folder Redirection

Windows 10 Folder Redirection: All, I have a client that previously had Folder Redirection turned on with Group Policy (without the setting to return files to Local once removed). The server they were redirected to no longer exists. When I look at the PCs I can see that Documents and Desktop settings for...
  10. msftconnecttest redirect not working on windows 10 public wifi

msftconnecttest redirect not working on windows 10 public wifi: Hi I have been having problems with public wifi on my laptop since last Nov. Running windows 10. Every time I try to connect to internet with a restricted site (ie requiring a login/password) browser opens to msftconnecttest://redirect and never goes any further - get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. motheregarded.info redirect not working

2. how to fix msftconnecttest redirect problem

3. msftconnecttest/redirect not working

4. windows 10 msftconnecttest not working,
  5. http://www.msftconnecttest.com/redirect,
  6. msftconnecttest doesnt work,
  7. motheregarded redirect error,
  8. windows 10 redirect not working,
  9. how does msftconnecttest redirect work,
  10. windows 10 mobile cannot connect to msftconnecttest,
  11. msftconnecttest redirect,