Windows 10: Www.support.me scam + microsoft license

Discus and support Www.support.me scam + microsoft license in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I received a call which turns out to be the Www.support.me scam I suspected it was something bogus but played along (making him repeat... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RickyShykes, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Www.support.me scam + microsoft license

Hello,

I received a call which turns out to be the

Www.support.me scam
    I suspected it was something bogus but played along (making him repeat everything a number o times) until reaching the point where he wanted me to connect to www.support.me.

At which point he got upset when I told him I see its a scam, and in a language I don't speak I suppose he called me something un speak-able.

Anyways in the process he gave me my CLSID as a way to gain confidence that he was from Microsoft.

What I want to know is how he had my CLSID and telephone number.

Regards,

Rick

:)

RickyShykes, Nov 26, 2019
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Microsoft License Scam??

Yes that's definitely a scam.

Windows will never call you and warn you about your license expiring.

I suggest blocking the number immediately that calls you.

Zackary Vanosdol, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Www.support.me scam + microsoft license

Microsoft license scam??

Hi Pat

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Please ignore these scam calls and report them. Microsoft doesn't cold call users or ask for money for technical support.

Its a scam, Microsoft does not call anybody to activate Windows 10:

2018 has turned out to be a year when fake scare sites have appeared all over the Internet with fake ads pretending to Microsoft support and insisting you call them. You need to watch out for these sites. They look like a genuine Microsoft website but they
    are not.

Warning: There are "Tech Support Scams" pretending to be Windows 10 Support and Activation Technologies. Please be vigilant. Microsoft never calls or emails users to inform them their license is expiring, accounts will be closed or they need access to sensitive
    information such as passwords or banking information. Neither should you get an email. Learn more in the following article:

PSA: Beware of Windows 10 Activation Tech Support Scams

http://www.groovypost.com/news/beware-of-window...

Report it:

Scam

Tech support scams - Windows Defender Security ... - Microsoft

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/su...

Protect yourself from tech support scams - Microsoft Support

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/401340...

If you believe sensitive information such as bank passwords might have been compromised, go to another computer and change it immediately. Contact your bank to let them know of any suspicious activities.

Change your other passwords for services such as emails and other important web sites you visit.

Have a notepad near by so you can write down the new passwords.

Enable two factor authentication on your Microsoft Account:

How To Enable Microsoft Two Factor Authentication - groovyPost

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/enable-microso...

Let friends and family know on social media, they should not accept any request begging for money or disclose sensitive information, since someone might be pretending to be you.

Andre for Directly, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Www.support.me scam + microsoft license

1. Www.support.me scam + microsoft license - Similar Threads - Www support scam

2. Microsoft support agent gave me scam phone number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft support agent gave me scam phone number: I am trying to figure out what just happened. As someone who consider themselves very tech savy, I am not sure if this was a complex scam or what. I typically know how to navigate customer service calls and due to the nature of my job, have had to do this for many years. I...
  3. Microsoft support agent gave me scam phone number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft support agent gave me scam phone number: I am trying to figure out what just happened. As someone who consider themselves very tech savy, I am not sure if this was a complex scam or what. I typically know how to navigate customer service calls and due to the nature of my job, have had to do this for many years. I...
  4. Microsoft support agent gave me scam phone number

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Support Scam

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Support Scam: Hello, This is in relation to my last question on the community. I had been in the middle of a support session to fix an app on my windows when the Microsoft representative found an issue with the service. The steps led to running the media creator tool to fix an issue, the...
  6. Is Microsoft Support at **** a scam

Is Microsoft Support at **** a scam: I posted a question on this forum. I received an email response to call ****. The "agent" I spoke with for a FEE was going to "fix" my win 10. In retrospect my original problem was NOT win 10 related, but a Netflix recording issue. If this forum can't be trusted it is...
  7. Microsoft License Scam???

Microsoft License Scam???: I have received several popups over the last few weeks, regarding my Microsoft License stating that it had been compromised and I needed to call Microsoft to get a new license . I received a phone call yesterday from "Microsoft" saying they had been trying to reach me...
  8. Support scam

Support scam: I recently asked Microsoft Support for help with a problem I was having with Outlook. I received one response and it was very helpful. The second response I received claimed to be from Microsoft Technical Support. It was obviously someone working from home as you could hear...
  9. Microsoft license scam??

Microsoft license scam??: I am receiving calls on my home phone from someone claiming to be Microsoft saying they are about to cancel my Microsoft license because parties from several countries have hacked my Microsoft account. As far as I know I don't have a Microsoft "license". Sounds like a scam....
  10. Support Scam

Support Scam: Hi, I have came across a support scam. I took a screenshot, then closed my browser in Task Manager, I couldn't do anything as it was prompting me for my username and password. Here's the image. [ATTACH]...