Windows 10: WYSIWYG problem formatting envelopes in Word mail-merge

Discus and support WYSIWYG problem formatting envelopes in Word mail-merge in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I'm trying to address some envelopes (8.5"W x 6"H) with addresses from an Excel spreadsheet. The merge works fine, and the placement of the text on the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Involute, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Involute Win User

WYSIWYG problem formatting envelopes in Word mail-merge

I'm trying to address some envelopes (8.5"W x 6"H) with addresses from an Excel spreadsheet. The merge works fine, and the placement of the text on the envelopes is fine inside the editing view. In Print Preview, however, while the text displays correctly an imported JPG is cropped. And, when I print a sample envelope, the text is offset to the left, even though I've told the printer (HP Color LaserJet) the envelopes will be loading from the center of the tray (and the JPG doesn't print at all). I realize these are probably two separate issues, but any tips would be greatly appreciated. Screen grabs attached (this is all on Windows 10 and Office 365).

:)

Involute, Dec 14, 2019

2. Mail Merge #10 Envelopes Epson WF 3620

Using mail merge for letters worked great. But when I tried to use it for envelopes I had a very hard time. Going through the process of setting the mail merge was very simple but when I went to start printing I kept getting an error that my paper source
    does not match my setting on my printer and then my printer defaults to letter size. This only occurs when using mail merge. It happens when I get to the last step "Finish and Merge" " "Print Documents" When I try to adjust the document size there is no option
    for #10 Envelopes available. This is very frustrating. What am I doing wrong?

jeffcarey1210, Dec 14, 2019
  3. S_and_S Win User
    printing on envelopes

1. Open Microsoft Word.
    2. Go to the Mailings ribbon
    3. In the Create group, click on Envelopes

S_and_S, Dec 14, 2019
  4. WYSIWYG problem formatting envelopes in Word mail-merge

Marivel Man, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

WYSIWYG problem formatting envelopes in Word mail-merge

1. WYSIWYG problem formatting envelopes in Word mail-merge - Similar Threads - WYSIWYG problem formatting

2. I am trying to print envelopes using Mail Merge feature in MS Word.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to print envelopes using Mail Merge feature in MS Word.: However, each time I send the document to the printer, the Printer cancels it. I have tried everything to fix it and I know it's not the printer or the software. Windows 11 is not working properly. I have done this for years using Window 10, Windows 97, Windows 95... etc....
  3. I am trying to print envelopes using Mail Merge feature in MS Word.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to print envelopes using Mail Merge feature in MS Word.: However, each time I send the document to the printer, the Printer cancels it. I have tried everything to fix it and I know it's not the printer or the software. Windows 11 is not working properly. I have done this for years using Window 10, Windows 97, Windows 95... etc....
  4. Mail/Envelopes

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Mail/Envelopes: In MS Word, the Mail/Envelope icon has disappeared. What do I do for envelope Printing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mailenvelopes/e106ada5-b4de-4424-9d49-fbb4db995a17
  5. Printer-format to print Envelopes

Printer-format to print Envelopes: I am typing a mailing address onto a Business-size mailing envelope. How do I do this ^ with an HP 3631 Deskjet printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-format-to-print-envelopes/6376c8a1-f4d1-495e-9649-c3835f6cac58
  6. Mail Merge in Microsoft Word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail Merge in Microsoft Word: The mail merge in my Microsoft Word Program suddenly quit being able to make labels or envelopes. If I click on either of those options, it just grinds away and never allows me to continue. It will do directories and letters....
  7. Word 365. Mail Merge

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Word 365. Mail Merge: G'day, When I open a new document in Word 365. I cannot see the Mail Merge Tab. Please could somebody tell me where I can find it. Cheers Perry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-365-mail-merge/ed02237b-9cbc-4a46-9683-1203faa32d7a"
  8. Works 9 Date formatting in Mail Merge doc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Works 9 Date formatting in Mail Merge doc: A Date field in the database is formatted as "Month". When I select Print Preview it co,es out "XX/XX/XXXX. Chuck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/works-9-date-formatting-in-mail-merge-doc/c7217387-b3bf-4970-a351-26e6bb67bd9b"
  9. using mail merge with word 2016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    using mail merge with word 2016: Trying to print labels using Mail Merge. The addresses once entered in a word document should print out onto commercially available pages of labels. Using eg. L7160 ( 3 columns of 7 rows) I find that the labels do not line up with the labels page. The final row at the bottom...
  10. Mail Envelope

Mail Envelope: This is about the "Mail Envelope Icon". Of note, I always log-in and shut-down my email when I'm finished. I noticed the "Mail ICON" at the bottom of my task bar, it always seems to have my email OPEN. I was wondering how to close the emails from showing? I don't like...