Windows 10: X: Boot

Discus and support X: Boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Guten Tag Mein Name ist Kurt Dubach Folgende Frage meine SSD ist gespert, bei Acer Nitro 17 zoll, bin auch im Bios gewesen und habe alles... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KurtDubach1, Mar 3, 2020.

1. X: Boot

Guten Tag

Mein Name ist Kurt Dubach

Folgende Frage meine SSD ist gespert, bei Acer Nitro 17 zoll, bin auch im Bios gewesen und habe alles zurückgestellt mit F9 und beim Start auf verschiedene Optionen Blaues Bild mit Weisser Schrift hatte mir geholfen, weil der Rechner SSD den Zugang gesperrt ist, ist mein Fehler gab ein Tool leider weiss ich nicht mehr wie dies hies. Habe auch die Schreiben wo hier AUFGELISTET SIND nicht so recht verstanden. Im Dos war ich auch aber ich verstehe nicht die Attributen. Kannst mir weiter helfen, danke für das Lesen.

Eine Gruss aus der Schweiz

Kurt Dubach

:)

KurtDubach1, Mar 3, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Dual Booting 2 x Windows 10 OS Drives (Existing Installs)

It is uneccessary to do all of the above.
    1. Boot up Windows 10
    2. Open Disk Management and take a note of the drive letter of the other Windows 10
    3. Open Admin Command Prompt and type: bcdboot X:\Windows where X is the drive letter noted in step 2
    4. Reboot, you should have a dual boot menu.

topgundcp, Mar 3, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Dual Booting 2 x Windows 10 OS Drives (Existing Installs)

Sorry but I am not trying to complicate anything but just doing 3 steps below then you are done. No need to install anything.

1. bcdboot X:\Windows
    2. bcdedit /set description "Menu description goes here"
    3. To change boot order, run msconfig then set whatever you want to run first to default

topgundcp, Mar 3, 2020
  4. GNJha Win User

X: Boot

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

X: Boot

1. X: Boot - Similar Threads - Boot

2. Don't Let Linux GRUB to Show Boot Option!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Don't Let Linux GRUB to Show Boot Option!: Well in my PC 2 OS are installed. Win 10 & Win 7. Now Win 10 boot manager is by default shown. But if I install any Linux distro I think Linux GRUB will take control over Windows 10 boot manager. If so then will I be able to change boot manager from within Windows 10 by going...
  3. Random BSOD, unable to recover ot boot to safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD, unable to recover ot boot to safe mode: this morning my Surface Pro 6 was running fine. I shut it down, left he house for the office, arrived, and upon attempting to reboot was presented with a BSOD that essentially said: Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're collecting some error info, and then...
  4. Window 10 installs just fine on old laptop, but won't boot after close down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 installs just fine on old laptop, but won't boot after close down: I have tried to install Windows 10 on my old Asus U45jc laptop. I made a fresh install on a new ssd born with Windows 7 on the old hdd. The laptop can boot in efi-mode, but it is just an option in the bios. I have tried to install Windows 10 in both efi and legacy, and...
  5. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Windows Insider Preview error

INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Windows Insider Preview error: hi, i tried to join into Windows 10 Insider ProgramSLOW after restarting Although didn't install insider build but just for joiningwindows stuck at booting.then i cleared CMOS but then green screen of Your Windows Insider Build ran into a problem... Inaccessible Boot Device...
  6. Windows laptop not booting

Windows laptop not booting: My windows 10 laptop hasn't been able to boot into windows, i cant even get into safe mode, anyway i can fix that? And if it needs formatting, how can i remove my files from the device? submitted by /u/Issam13jd [link] [comments]...
  7. INACCESSIBLE DEVICE BOOT Windows Insider Preview error

INACCESSIBLE DEVICE BOOT Windows Insider Preview error: hi, i tried to join into Windows 10 Insider ProgramSLOW after restarting Although didn't install insider build but just for joiningwindows stuck at booting.then i cleared CMOS but then green screen of Your Windows Insider Build ran into a problem... Inaccessible Device Boot...
  8. The all sounds just went out when booted, it's not muted, there's no sound whatsoever.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The all sounds just went out when booted, it's not muted, there's no sound whatsoever.: As of writing this question, I have experienced this weird bug if it's a bug where when I boot up my Windows 10 computer, all sounds is just nowhere to be heard. It's not muted, I've put it into the loudest volume it could do, and nothing. I encountered it for the first time...
  9. [PSA] Optional update KB4541335 introduces BSOD on boot.

[PSA] Optional update KB4541335 introduces BSOD on boot.: I don't know who needs to hear this, but refrain from installing the update no matter what. Updated last night and got an "inaccessible boot drive" error. Windows Recovery couldn't uninstall the update and recovery points did not work. Had to do a fresh install. In my fresh...
  10. Boot Issue Repair via another PC?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Issue Repair via another PC?: I have a BSOD "unmountable boot" and when I try to boot a Windows media USB, it won't boot it, it goes black and freezes. Media boot loads if HDD is removed. I assume then either 1, the boot files are corrupt, making all booting fail or 2, the HDD has failed. Is there any...