Windows 10: X command prompt?

Discus and support X command prompt? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all ive been having issues with a laptop- have had help before but I still not booting up. It reads the windows 10 media but gets to 50% then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CatherineJones4, Jul 16, 2019.

1. X command prompt?

Hi all

ive been having issues with a laptop- have had help before but I still not booting up. It reads the windows 10 media but gets to 50% then says error.

So so I downloaded recovery media and that usb not even being recognised in boot set up.

So so I went into command prompt to trouble shoot and I’ve had this pop up x:\windows\system32

i thoight it was meant to be c: ?

can anyone advise what I do?

:)

CatherineJones4, Jul 16, 2019
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jul 16, 2019
  3. EDW
    Edw Win User
    Lost Command Prompt in Win-X Menu

Thanks for the suggestion, Brink. Didn't work. Apparently you need either command prompt or powershell prompt there in order to change one from the other
    Thanks for the suggestion, Berton. I would prefer to keep my Quick Start Taskbar uncluttered if possible, especially as the Win-X menu is just as accessible.

4. Ryan Pag Win User

X command prompt?

Command prompt Administrator issue under Win 10

Hello,

Here's the alternative steps to run open the command prompt as administrator.

• Press Windows Logo + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin) to open command prompt as administrator.

Let us know how it goes.

Ryan Pag, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

X command prompt?

1. X command prompt? - Similar Threads - command prompt

2. command prompt pops up and disappears just after opening windows 10 laptop,what sould i do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    command prompt pops up and disappears just after opening windows 10 laptop,what sould i do...: please help me in this troubleshooting... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-pops-up-and-disappears-just-after/be6ba1a1-bedb-407e-b65a-c78ee9ab4162
  3. command prompt pops up and disappears just after opening windows 10 laptop,what sould i do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    command prompt pops up and disappears just after opening windows 10 laptop,what sould i do...: please help me in this troubleshooting... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-pops-up-and-disappears-just-after/be6ba1a1-bedb-407e-b65a-c78ee9ab4162
  4. Executable making a "sub" executable shows in the Administrator Command Prompt :"Error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Executable making a "sub" executable shows in the Administrator Command Prompt :"Error...: As mentioned in the title, I have used the 'cl' <insert.exe> command to generate and executable from source, the initial program works very well with no issue. Its not a source code issue from the C program but a security issue from within Windows.The executable then creates...
  5. Executable making a "sub" executable shows in the Administrator Command Prompt :"Error...

Executable making a "sub" executable shows in the Administrator Command Prompt :"Error...: As mentioned in the title, I have used the 'cl' <insert.exe> command to generate and executable from source, the initial program works very well with no issue. Its not a source code issue from the C program but a security issue from within Windows.The executable then creates...
  6. Executable making a "sub" executable shows in the Administrator Command Prompt :"Error...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I need help with getting uuid from command prompt. Critical error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with getting uuid from command prompt. Critical error: When I use any of the commands to get the UUID the command prompt gives me output of:Node - COPYSTRIKEDname most possibly of the node I think ERROR: Description = Critical errorPlease someone help me if they know how to fix this. I am not that educated around command prompt...
  8. I need help with getting uuid from command prompt. Critical error

I need help with getting uuid from command prompt. Critical error: When I use any of the commands to get the UUID the command prompt gives me output of:Node - COPYSTRIKEDname most possibly of the node I think ERROR: Description = Critical errorPlease someone help me if they know how to fix this. I am not that educated around command prompt...
  9. CBS.logs Problems Repairing a Command Line Prompt .INK, Overlapping Directories, Help?

CBS.logs Problems Repairing a Command Line Prompt .INK, Overlapping Directories, Help?: CBS.logs I use to have Overlapping Directories now I have a Command Prompt that cannot be repaired.I copied parts of the places I could find that was not being repaired and I will paste it below. Maybe you can help me find this Android device in this stuff or where I could...
  10. CBS.logs Problems Repairing a Command Line Prompt .INK, Overlapping Directories, Help?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CBS.logs Problems Repairing a Command Line Prompt .INK, Overlapping Directories, Help?: CBS.logs I use to have Overlapping Directories now I have a Command Prompt that cannot be repaired.I copied parts of the places I could find that was not being repaired and I will paste it below. Maybe you can help me find this Android device in this stuff or where I could...