Windows 10: x is not a valid Win32 Application

Discus and support x is not a valid Win32 Application in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'd like to understand why Win XP reports something is not a valid Win32 application. Relevance to W10 - the application is built on W10 using VS2017.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by perdrix, Sep 26, 2019.

1. perdrix Win User

x is not a valid Win32 Application

I'd like to understand why Win XP reports something is not a valid Win32 application.

Relevance to W10 - the application is built on W10 using VS2017. I thought I had taken appropriate care to not use APIs that aren't available in Win XP. But when it's installed on Win XP SP3 windows gives me a nastygram saying it;s not a valid Win32 application.

So what steps should I follow to determine why this is happening?

I came here 'cos I believe that there are people here who know thjis stuff.

Thanks
    David

:)

perdrix, Sep 26, 2019

2. HELP! windowsphone.exe not a valid win32 application

Hi Vasile

I use the tool that you give to me..it completely uninstalled the app..but when i try to install again the updated windowsPhone app for desktop the same error occurs it says that the .exe file is not a valid win32 application

I also follow the steps in our second option..I think it is not applicable in this case because i cant even install the updated version of the app

Best Regards,
    Lemuel

Lemuel JayRamos, Sep 26, 2019
  3. vcredist_x86.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

vcredist_x86.exe is not a valid Win32 application.- I have a 32-bit Windows 7, I downloaded this from Microsoft and it was having the 32-bit option for this, and it seems to not work.

Kushagra Rajesh, Sep 26, 2019
  4. x is not a valid Win32 Application

HELP! windowsphone.exe not a valid win32 application

Hi

i was installing the new windows phone application for desktop but once i run the exe file a window pops up saying that the windowsphone.exe file is not a valid win32 application

iam using windows 7

what should i do to successfully install the application

Thanks in advance

Lemuel JayRamos, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

x is not a valid Win32 Application

1. x is not a valid Win32 Application - Similar Threads - valid Win32 Application

2. x is not a valid Win32 Application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    x is not a valid Win32 Application: I'd like to understand why Win XP reports something is not a valid Win32 application. Relevance to W10 - the application is built on W10 using VS2017. I thought I had taken appropriate care to not use APIs that aren't available in Win XP. But when it's installed on Win XP...
  3. Win32/Neshta.A

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win32/Neshta.A: I have a virus Neshta.A on my laptop running Windows 10. I didn't know what it was before up until now as no programs were running (unless run as administrator) and lots of errors came up about permissions and .exe's etc. I am running a Windows defender Full Scan now and it...
  4. virus win32

virus win32: buenos dias antes de todo mis mas sinceros saludos. bueno hace ya casi 5 dias mi ordenador fue infectado con el virus win32 y me es impossible ya sea meter un pendrive que no lo infecte, y es imposible de borrar he buscado en internet como hacer frente a este virus pero...
  5. win32/wajagen.A

win32/wajagen.A: I'm not sure what's going on with this but my windows defender notification flashed up about every fifteen to twenty seconds saying this threat has been detected. I've clicked remove a zillion times and it keeps popping up. I've also fun a full scan as well as an offline...
  6. Win32/Starter.r

Win32/Starter.r: Hi, I have Defender running and each time I start my PC it detects a virus Win32/Starter.r, I can clean the virus but it always comes back. How do I remove?...
  7. Win32/Obrypser

Win32/Obrypser: I just did the Microsoft Safety Scanner and I have discovered I have 'BrowerModifier:Win32/Obrypser'. It has been partially removed. How do I get rid of this fully? Thank you for your help....
  8. Win32/bedefco.A

Win32/bedefco.A: Even though Windows Defender indicated no action required, I ran a scan and it identified this threat as severe. I clicked to have it removed though it indicates it is still active. When I look at history, it has been detected several times in the past though not removed....
  9. Win32:KipodToolsCby

Win32:KipodToolsCby: Hi all, Was running a Full System Scan with AV software and detected the following malware: Win32:KipodToolsCby It's described by Microsoft as a 'high' threat piece of Malware. The AV claimed to have 'partially removed' it. Is anyone very familiar with this...
  10. Build 10130 DVD gives "setup.exe not a valid win32 app"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 10130 DVD gives "setup.exe not a valid win32 app": I have several machines with same hardware albeit v old! The all originally ran XP Pro. I was slowly upgrading them to 7 32 bit when 10 came along. To save time I tried the 32 bit build route however the machines running XP 32 bit won't run setup.exe on the Build 10130 DVD. I...