Windows 10: X program in my startup settings

Discus and support X program in my startup settings in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So, I found this app/program in my surface pro 4 I don't know what it is or how to uninstall/delete it. can someone tell me what this is? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by exellimartha, Jun 19, 2020.

1. X program in my startup settings

So, I found this app/program in my surface pro 4

I don't know what it is or how to uninstall/delete it.

can someone tell me what this is?

X program in my startup settings 3e031bb2-ec2d-4599-aa33-3f3529d0b38e?upload=true.jpg

:)

exellimartha, Jun 19, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Ubtree Win User

X program in my startup settings

Anomolous behaviour of startup programs

Thank you for your reply. Your suggestion regarding the setting up of a new user caused me to think more about the system folder structures, and I remembered moving shortcuts from the User Programs folder to the All Users Programs folder, and I realised that I had also accidentally also mover the Startup folder from the User Programs folder to the All Users Programs. I therefore no longer had a Startup folder in my User Programs folder, and Windows had changed the registry settings for the user startup programs to the All Users Startup folder. So when Windows started, it ran the programs in the All Users Startup folder twice. And the absence of the User Startup folder was preventing the FastStone Capture and PhraseExpress startup settings from working correctly.

To address this, I have done the following:

• Created a new Startup Folder under the User Programs folder.
    • Changed the following registry keys back to their original values:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell FoldersStartup C:\Documents and Settings\Your Profile Name\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
    Startup %USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
    Startup %USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    These actions have resolved the startup issues.

Thank you again for your help.

Ubtree, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

X program in my startup settings

1. X program in my startup settings - Similar Threads - program startup settings

2. startup program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    startup program: Hello, How can I set chrome as my startup browser. It used to be under task manager under process and startup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-program/2c04d635-5ff5-4273-b893-bf60a36cd991
  3. startup program

in Windows 10 Customization
    startup program: Hello, How can I set chrome as my startup browser. It used to be under task manager under process and startup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-program/2c04d635-5ff5-4273-b893-bf60a36cd991
  4. Startup Program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Startup Program: I'd like to know what's this startup program if its a virus, I cant even open it's location https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/startup-program/28b9ac5d-b1d0-4ed4-bbae-c65a93aaead1
  5. Startup setting won't show any programs.

Startup setting won't show any programs.: When i will set startup program but when open startup setting it won't show any programs there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-setting-wont-show-any-programs/4f975045-e55d-4f71-a101-534af4f37dec
  6. I have a program called "Program" in my startup settings

I have a program called "Program" in my startup settings: When I went to startup settings to stop some programs to start when I turn on my laptop I saw this Tried to look into the task manager for some process called "program" but there is no one [ATTACH] Could a malicious software?...
  7. Program in my startup

Program in my startup: Good day, I just saw this a while. I worry that this might harm my computer but it seems not harmful for now. I tried to check the command line and I am not sure whether to trust it or not. What is the best possible action for this? Should I leave it alone? Delete? If so...
  8. Program in my startup

Program in my startup: Hello, I am getting anxious about this so called program in my task manager startup tab and so I went on to find the file and deleted all of it, BUT the program still remains in my "startup" Please help me Developers and Admins. [ATTACH]...
  9. startup programs

startup programs: friends, i'm looking in my norton security at my startup items and find three listings of windows command processor for the same drive 'c'.. and i can't stop any of them... why three? and i don't think i really need them in my startup menu to begin with; i rarely use cmd...
  10. Startup Programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Startup Programs: Hello Microsoft Community, How can I prevent certain programs from starting when Windows starts? Will startup programs slow my computer down? And is there a way to modify the program so it will not start up when Windows starts up during the installation process? Any help...