Windows 10: X:\windows\system32 From here how do I get back to C:\ using command prompts PC is crashing...

Discus and support X:\windows\system32 From here how do I get back to C:\ using command prompts PC is crashing... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; X:\windows\system32 From here how do I get back to C:\ using command prompts PC is crashing . In windows 10.Thanks for any help on this issue.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BLINK904, May 31, 2023.

1. BLINK904 Win User

X:\windows\system32 From here how do I get back to C:\ using command prompts PC is crashing...

X:\windows\system32 From here how do I get back to C:\ using command prompts PC is crashing . In windows 10.Thanks for any help on this issue.

:)

BLINK904, May 31, 2023

2. command prompt is x:\windows\system32

My computer crashed and I have tried everything I can think of you restart, but the command prompt starts with x: instead of c: I've tried the fixes suggested and listed below:

In Command Prompt, type DISKPART, press Enter.

When it loads type LIST DISK.

Choose the Windows hard drive by typing SEL DISK # with # being the desired disk number from results.

Then type LIST VOL which will provide a list of the various partitions with their assigned drive letters in Recovery mode which may be different than in Windows.

But when I type in DISKPART is says There are no disks to show

Any ideas?

Paula Reeves_100, May 31, 2023
  3. OldP Win User
    windows 10 crash x: drive

Further to my reported windows 10 crash.

I have started to attempt a load from DVD or USB

All I have available on my PC is the command prompt.

This shows x:\windows\system32>

It will not take the entry C:

I presume before I go any further I need to solve the 'X' problem.

Any suggestions.

When posting suggestions PLEASE keep them to command entry lines as that is all I have.

4. X:\windows\system32 From here how do I get back to C:\ using command prompts PC is crashing...

Windows 10 msiexec (system32) crashing

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, May 31, 2023
Thema:

X:\windows\system32 From here how do I get back to C:\ using command prompts PC is crashing...

1. X:\windows\system32 From here how do I get back to C:\ using command prompts PC is crashing... - Similar Threads - windowssystem32 here using

2. X:\windows\system32 From here how do I get back to C:\ using command prompts PC is crashing...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    X:\windows\system32 From here how do I get back to C:\ using command prompts PC is crashing...: X:\windows\system32 From here how do I get back to C:\ using command prompts PC is crashing . In windows 10.Thanks for any help on this issue....
  3. X:\windows\system32 From here how do I get back to C:\ using command prompts PC is crashing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    X:\windows\system32 From here how do I get back to C:\ using command prompts PC is crashing...: X:\windows\system32 From here how do I get back to C:\ using command prompts PC is crashing . In windows 10.Thanks for any help on this issue....
  4. How to get back legacy command prompt.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get back legacy command prompt.: I'm learning c++ and when I run the compiled application by double clicking it gets opened in the new terminal app. I want the old command prompt to be used when I double click the exe. Any idea ?...
  5. How to get back legacy command prompt.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get back legacy command prompt.: I'm learning c++ and when I run the compiled application by double clicking it gets opened in the new terminal app. I want the old command prompt to be used when I double click the exe. Any idea ?...
  6. How to delete or format C drive using Command Prompt

in Windows 10 News
    How to delete or format C drive using Command Prompt: [ATTACH]Many users want to know how to format the System or C drive using […] This article How to delete or format C drive using Command Prompt first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. X command prompt?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    X command prompt?: Hi all ive been having issues with a laptop- have had help before but I still not booting up. It reads the windows 10 media but gets to 50% then says error. So so I downloaded recovery media and that usb not even being recognised in boot set up. So so I went...
  8. How do I get a Flash Drive name from the command prompt?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I get a Flash Drive name from the command prompt?: Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to get a flash drive name form the command line. With flash drive name I don't mean the volume name but how it is shown in taskbar in the remove usb part. I'm looking for something like: "Data Travelor 3.0" Does anybody know what...
  9. How do I get a Flash Drive name from the command prompt?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get a Flash Drive name from the command prompt?: Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to get a flash drive name form the command line. With flash drive name I don't mean the volume name but how it is shown in taskbar in the remove usb part. I'm looking for something like: "Data Travelor 3.0" Does anybody know what...
  10. Green text in command prompt. How did I get here?

in Windows 10 Support
    Green text in command prompt. How did I get here?: I recently set up windows 10 on a Dell XPS13 laptop. It was the home version from what I remember. It had a digital license. I noticed that the command prompt text is green. I know you can set this to be this way, but I did not make any changes. Does anyone know what would...