Windows 10: x64 Windows on a 32-Bit processer.

Discus and support x64 Windows on a 32-Bit processer. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I doubt it would work, but can you install 64-Bit Windows (preferably Windows7 or 10) on a 32-Bit processer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NZT Dart, Apr 21, 2019.

1. NZT Dart Win User

x64 Windows on a 32-Bit processer.

I doubt it would work, but can you install 64-Bit Windows (preferably Windows7 or 10) on a 32-Bit processer?

:)

NZT Dart, Apr 21, 2019
  2. WifiUsmc Win User

32 bit File Explorer on Windows 10 x64

Ok let’s try this again. Sorry for the poorly formed post.

https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1013017

The problem is this: we use IBM’s I Navigator to transfer files to a local pc by dragging the files from Navigator to the local desktop.
    This works fine with Windows 32 bit OS. Not so with a 64 bit OS.
    The middleware components for data access were written as 64-bit components; however, the majority of the product is still 32-bit. The Access for Windows Navigator is one of those components.
    I’ve tested this on a 32 bit ver of Windows 10 and it works.
    I have to refresh the desktop for the file to display, but it works.
    For a 64 bit os they suggest using the following workaround.

Another way to circumvent this problem is to use the 32-bit version of Explorer that is installed on the 64-bit Windows systems. This version of Explorer is found in the SysWoW64 subdirectory of the Windows installation directory (%windir%\SysWoW64\Explorer.exe).
    It is important to launch this as a separate process from the Windows desktop. In order to do that, you must specify the '/separate' parameter to Explorer. You can create a shortcut to launch the 32-bit Explorer by doing the following (Note:
    The following steps have not been shown to work on all versions of Windows.):

1. Right-click on your Windows desktop, selecting New and Shortcut.

2. Specify %windir%\SysWoW64\explorer.exe /separate as the location for the target. You might want to add an initial directory for it to open as well. In this example case, w want to use it to copy files to my Windows desktop so the following
    is used as the location for the shortcut:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\explorer.exe /separate, c:\users\username\desktop

There can be some confusion about whether or not an application is running is a 32-bit or 64-bit application. The Windows task manager can be used to identify 32-bit applications though. If you have the Navigator and the 32-bit Windows Explorer
    running on a 64-bit version of Windows and open the task manager (press Ctrl+Shift+Esc), you will notice that the 32-bit applications have '*32" after the Image Name. For example, a list of currently active processes, may show the following:

cwbunnav.exe *32

dfsrs.exe

dfssvc.exe

dwm.exe

explorer.exe

explorer.exe *32

ismserv.exe

javaw.exe *32

This means that I have both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Explorer running. The Process Explorer tool from Microsoft is another alternative tool that can show you whether the processes in Windows are 32-bit or 64-bit programs.

However, this doesn’t work for Windows 10 x64. Is there another switch or command I need to use to run explorer in 32 bit mode?

WifiUsmc, Apr 21, 2019
  3. How do I install IE 32 bit and/or switch from 64 bit to 32 bit?

Windows 10: Internet Explorer

• You need to have Windows 10 64-bit(x64) to use this feature
    • To check:
      • Click on Windows Key
      • Click on Settings
      • Click on System
      • On left panel click on About
      • On right panel check system type:
        • System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
          • That means you have Windows 10 64-bit
        • System Type: 32-bit operating system, x86-based processor
          • That means you have Windows 10 32-bit
    • Internet Explorer
      • 32-bit(x86):
        • C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe
      • 64-bit(x64):
        • C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe
    Note:
    • You cannot switch between Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit. you need to re-install Windows 10 64 bit.
    • To download Windows 10 64-bit:
      Microsoft - "Windows 10 - Download tool now"

• x64 Windows on a 32-Bit processer. 7b23dd14-23cd-4459-bfc9-5fe838d21118.png

• If you have Windows 10 64-bit, you can run any application which supports 64-bit and as well as 32-bit

Roharashraj™, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Rishi 007 Win User

How to Upgrade Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit OS on x64-based processor

Hi

I am using windows 10 32-bit version, upgraded from windows 7 ultimate 32-bit. I have a x64 based processor ( intel core2duo).

How can I upgrade to windows 10 64-bit OS without loosing any data on hard disk. The media creation tool x64 does not work. Please suggest me a way to install windows 10 64-bit officially!

Thanks in advance

Rishi 007, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

1. x64 Windows on a 32-Bit processer. - Similar Threads - x64 Bit processer

2. ColorMania 32 bit Process

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ColorMania 32 bit Process: ColorMania 32 bit Process is running on my PC and causing high Disk usage.On opening the file location, the containing folder is empty. The name given to it in its properties is "GoogleDiagnostics.exe" and is Copyright by "Blacksun Software".I tried uninstalling it but I'm...
  3. 32-bit operating system and x64-based processor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    32-bit operating system and x64-based processor: Is there any problem to have a 32-bit operating system and x64-based processor. Can my system be updated to x64 based system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/32-bit-operating-system-and-x64-based-processor/18a179d0-fdb3-4eec-afdb-00f63091978a
  4. what is [download manager (32 bit)] "process" in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is [download manager (32 bit)] "process" in windows 10?: sometimes this is in my task manager processes and heavily using my data. is it a legitimate windows process. when this is going it freezes the pc. Although it ran it doesn't do any windows update or app update. I noticed this several times submitted by /u/usrnone [link]...
  5. Multiple Setup/Uninstall (32 Bit) processes running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple Setup/Uninstall (32 Bit) processes running: I have approximately 95 instances of "Setup/Unistall (32 bit) running...they are constantly ending and new ones created - but randomly. I can highlight any one and within seconds it has been moved down or up (showing other instances are coming and going) or it will disappear...
  6. 32 bit -vs- x64 Upgrade dilema

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    32 bit -vs- x64 Upgrade dilema: I find myself in a bit of a quandary./ My friend has a Dell XPS 400 that he bought with 32 bit Windows 10 OS. On investigating his computer for possible use in the insider program I found that he is running a 32-bit OS on a x64 based processor.. I know it is elementary but...
  7. 32 bit os showing x64 processsor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    32 bit os showing x64 processsor: [img] ??????!!!!!!!! thanks in advance 37281
  8. Reinstalling windows 10,last install was 32 bit os x64 based processer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling windows 10,last install was 32 bit os x64 based processer: During my last install of windows 10 I only had 3 gb ram and now have the required 4gb. Will this be what my system needs in order to get it up to a 32 bit os x32 based processer? If not what are some suggestions for me to try? 91987
  9. See if Process is 32-bit or 64-bit in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See if Process is 32-bit or 64-bit in Windows 10: How to: See if Process is 32-bit or 64-bit in Windows 10 [img] Information A process is an instance of a program that is being executed. Each process running in Windows is assigned a unique decimal number called the process ID, or PID. If you have a 32-bit Windows...
  10. See if System Type is 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See if System Type is 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) Windows 10: How to: See if System Type is 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) Windows 10 How to Determine if Running 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) Architecture of Windows 10 The terms 32-bit and 64-bit refer to the way a computer's processor (also called a CPU), handles information. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update for internet explorer 11 for windows 8.1 for x32-based systems