Windows 10: X86 install in Oracle VB works as normal

Discus and support X86 install in Oracle VB works as normal in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just finished installing Win 10 Preview X86 in a Oracle VB (2GB ram). Installed fine and runs fine. Looks and feels like Windows 8.1. The new Start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ztruker, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Ztruker Win User

X86 install in Oracle VB works as normal

Just finished installing Win 10 Preview X86 in a Oracle VB (2GB ram). Installed fine and runs fine. Looks and feels like Windows 8.1.

The new Start menu is okay but I prefer Stardock's Start8 (so far). Too much intermix of normal Start menu functions and Modern Start Menu. All Apps shows Apps and normal Windows stuff.

:)

Ztruker, Sep 30, 2014

2. Sudden artifacts, freezing and BSODs under some stress

Related to VirtualBox Bridged Networking Driver from ...
    Note: Located in \%Program Files%\Oracle Corporation

I would remove VB and use the built in Hyper-V

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Sep 30, 2014
  3. Jim118TR Win User
    Windows Install on iMac

Greetings Andre,

Thank you so much for your response. That is extremely helpful information. I will definitely check out the Oracle VB first. Excellent link you sent. Thanks again!

Best Regards,

Jim

Jim118TR, Sep 30, 2014
  4. Charlie Win User

Hey Ztrucker Also installing x86. Using an older vista pc that I let the grandkids play on. Went into disk manage and shrunk the volume of the c drive so it will be dual boot . Good luck

Charlie, Sep 30, 2014
  5. Lebon14 Win User
    Thanks for letting us know that it works on VirtualBox.
    I'm downloading the ISO right now. Hopefully will be testing that out in the next hour.

Lebon14, Sep 30, 2014
  6. kado897 Win User
    The 64bit version works as well in VB. No guest additions of course but it seems not to be a problem except the screen resolution. The start menu was never my problem. It was the switching in and out of "Metro" apps. This still happens but they now run on the desktop in windows so it is not such a problem. BTW there is still an option to use the Start Screen. Ho Hum.*Sad

kado897, Oct 1, 2014
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

so no guest additions in Vbox -- I've had problems with VMware (VMware tools won't install - equivalent to vbox additions).

Does IE work properly and can you actually INSTALL anything on your VM. !!!! I think on mine the windows installer is totally hosed up.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 1, 2014
  8. X86 install in Oracle VB works as normal

I have ran it in VirtualBox, everything runs fine but no additions therefore it's a little laggy and rubbish screen resolution but all in all it works ok.

I actually got the additions to install running it in compatibility mode as Windows XP SP3 but it had no affect on the VM (Didn't break it but it did't sort the resolution etc...)

I have managed to install a few apps and run chrome in it.

JDobbsy1987, Oct 1, 2014
  9. kado897 Win User
    I've installed the 64bit version in VMWare Player and installed the guest additions so I have a 16:9 screen, Hooray*Dinesh. No issues so far.

kado897, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. X86 install in Oracle VB works as normal - Similar Threads - X86 install Oracle

2. vb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vb: vbgvhj https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vb/83613166-f6f4-4339-851e-a5f28a93c197
  3. vb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    vb: vbgvhj https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vb/83613166-f6f4-4339-851e-a5f28a93c197
  4. Oracle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Oracle: Im trying to use oracle vm to test a virus one question is will it infect my host and what do i do about this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oracle/796761ad-8f27-40f8-ab1c-1a3bba9882d6
  5. Oracle

Oracle: Im trying to use oracle vm to test a virus one question is will it infect my host and what do i do about this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oracle/796761ad-8f27-40f8-ab1c-1a3bba9882d6
  6. VB

VB: How to inside o visual basic 2019 achieve the horizontal scroll with the mouse wheel. I did it with a modifier key and the mousewheel event but only work when i move the wheel down... HELP, please....
  7. BSOD when installing Oracle VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD when installing Oracle VirtualBox: I'm currently trying to install VirtualBox 6.0.6 on my Windows 10 laptop, but halfway through the installation (I assume when it is trying to install the USB driver for it), I get a BSOD with the stop code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL. I have updated my drivers, made sure I...
  8. VB-Audio Voicemeeter Potato fails to install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VB-Audio Voicemeeter Potato fails to install: I had previously installed voicemeeter potater v3.0.0.5 on win 10 i believe it was 1803. I updated to 1809 build 17763.379 in january and yesterday attempted to update voicemeeter to v3.0.0.7 and it failed. i removed everything and tried to roll back to 3.0.0.5 and it fails...
  9. VB 2008

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VB 2008: HO INSTALLATO IL SOFT DI VISUALBASIC 8 (2008) SU WINDOWS 10 X64,ho provato a eseguire una procedura con la cponnessione dati un file di access, quando ho effettuato il debug mi appare l'avviso"si è verificato System.InvalidOperationException Messasggio="il provider...
  10. Oracle Virtualbox install fails to launch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Oracle Virtualbox install fails to launch: I run the installer and it appears to work but then I have two issues; 1. I get the following error when I try and launch virtualbox; Failed to acquire the virtual box COM object Completely failed to instantiate CLSID_VirtualBox: ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND 0x80070002. Result...