Windows 10: XBash malware combines ransomware, coinminer, botnet, & worm features

Discus and support XBash malware combines ransomware, coinminer, botnet, & worm features in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; New malware strain has been discovered in the wild that combines features from four types of malware categories --ransomware, coinminers, botnets, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

XBash malware combines ransomware, coinminer, botnet, & worm features

Read more:

:)

Brink, Sep 17, 2018
  2. Petya/Goldeneye ransomware

Hi JM,

There are three specific steps you can take to mitigate against this new ransomware:

• Ensure you have the latest security updates installed.
    • Ensure you have the latest AV Signatures from your preferred AV vendor.
    • Do not open email/attachments from unknown/untrusted sources

For more information about how the Petya Ransomware works and how to protect your computers against it, please check out this Windows Security blog:

New ransomware, old techniques: Petya adds worm capabilities

Feel free to let us know if you need further information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 17, 2018
  3. XBash malware combines ransomware, coinminer, botnet, & worm features

I have been infected with Ransomware

Oh.

I see that a Community Moderator converted your thread from a Discussion to a Question.

Do you have a question?

It is not quite clear (to me at least) why you've created this thread....

In case that you do indeed have a problem with ransomware:

It would be helpful if you would describe your problem more precisely, see:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing more details, suggestion to read/do:

Try to identify with what Ransomware you're dealing here:
    https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php

and read/follow this guide:
    How to remove ransomware the right way: A step-by-step guide

Also: See the pinned threads here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Might be the best to get free expert help in above mentioned bleepingcomputer forum....

=======================

Also suggestion to read:

Jsssssssss, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

XBash malware combines ransomware, coinminer, botnet, & worm features

1. XBash malware combines ransomware, coinminer, botnet, & worm features - Similar Threads - XBash malware combines

2. Botnet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Botnet: HiA computer with Windows 10 that had not been on my network prior, had nod32 antivirus installed but some of the features were turned off like the firewall and the botnet services. As soon as I turned them on I got a message from Nod32 blocking an event that was a TCP port...
  3. Botnet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Botnet: HiA computer with Windows 10 that had not been on my network prior, had nod32 antivirus installed but some of the features were turned off like the firewall and the botnet services. As soon as I turned them on I got a message from Nod32 blocking an event that was a TCP port...
  4. ransomware and malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ransomware and malware: It appears that settings are being change without my consent and I am seeing movement of the cursor without me moving it/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ransomware-and-malware/48af74f2-746b-4802-bb1e-296030811dea
  5. ransomware and malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ransomware and malware: It appears that settings are being change without my consent and I am seeing movement of the cursor without me moving it/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ransomware-and-malware/48af74f2-746b-4802-bb1e-296030811dea
  6. ransomware and malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Unknown Software, is it a ransomware or malware?

Unknown Software, is it a ransomware or malware?: I noticed my PC had been getting slower to respond so I opened up the "Add or Remove Programs" The windows 10 oneAnd I noticed an unknown software with no name and which supposedly takes 3.44 TB even though my HDD is 1 TB total.The buttons are intermittently greyed out and...
  8. Affected by a malware/ ransomware .mado

Affected by a malware/ ransomware .mado: As my brother’s pc is infected by a malware or ransomware which has created an extension .mado after all the files i’m talking 5TB files which is my brothers work from past 12 years now its of mo use untill unless someone finds a solution to it, as i was going trough some...
  9. Problem with some kind of malware, worm, RAT, not sure.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with some kind of malware, worm, RAT, not sure.: Some guys, old male aquaintances, boyfriends, etc, I used to know, a lot, hackers, and other people, got into my computer and have been watching me. a lot of the pages are edited and they also do stuff like flash the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and changing what my...
  10. Botnet

Botnet: good read: [img] 37882