Windows 10: Xbox 360 controlled stopped working on Windows 10 - works on friend's Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Xbox 360 controlled stopped working on Windows 10 - works on friend's Windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, For some reason my Xbox 360 controller has stopped working on Windows 10. The green ring flashes and then goes off. It works on my friend's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LouisO'Halloran, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Xbox 360 controlled stopped working on Windows 10 - works on friend's Windows 10 laptop

Hi,

For some reason my Xbox 360 controller has stopped working on Windows 10. The green ring flashes and then goes off. It works on my friend's Windows 10 laptop, so it isn't a hardware issue.

I tried going into device manager and unknown devices. I uninstalled the Xbox 360 drivers but Windows hasn't reinstalled them as far as I can tell.

Thanks.

:)

LouisO'Halloran, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Xbox 360 for Windows does not work

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the Xbox 360 controller driver. To do that, follow these steps:

• Go to the Device Manager.
    • In Device Manager locate Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows
      and right click it.
    • Choose Uninstall.
    • After the driver has been uninstalled, restart your computer. When your computer restarts, Windows 10 will automatically install the missing driver.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Ole, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Xbox 360 controlled stopped working on Windows 10 - works on friend's Windows 10 laptop

XBOX 360 controller working on laptop, but no longer on desktop

Really weird. All of a sudden my XBOX 360 controller has stopped working on my desktop. I will connect it to a port it will blink 2-3 times and then it won't show up on device manager or anywhere. It was working just a few days back. I purchased Project Cars and now am panicked since I don't have money for a wheel and can't drive with keyboard. I thought maybe it was the controller itself, but it works fine on laptop-lights up in middle and can use it with emulator. Here is my desktop specs.
    GB z77x-d3h mb 3770k at 4.3
    GTX 960 2 GB Windows 10 pro 64 bit with latest build
    16 GB RAM,
    Here is what I have done so far.
    Tried multiple USB ports on back of computer. No luck. Does same thing with all of them Tried to use device manager and scan for hardware changes-no luck there. Tried downloading XBox 360 controller accessories from MS. No luck there
    Not sure what would have caused my controller to suddenly not work. Really bizarre.

pittguy578, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Xbox 360 controlled stopped working on Windows 10 - works on friend's Windows 10 laptop

1. Xbox 360 controlled stopped working on Windows 10 - works on friend's Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Xbox 360 controlled

2. Xbox 360 kinect stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox 360 kinect stopped working: Hey, I came back home ready to play some blade and sorcery with full body using my kinect but the usual green flashing light isnt flashing and it isnt being picked up by my pc, it also appears I do no have LowerFilters in the regedit and have tried all sorts of thing to get...
  3. Xbox 360 kinect stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 kinect stopped working: Hey, I came back home ready to play some blade and sorcery with full body using my kinect but the usual green flashing light isnt flashing and it isnt being picked up by my pc, it also appears I do no have LowerFilters in the regedit and have tried all sorts of thing to get...
  4. Xbox 360 kinect stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. xbox 360 wierd controller on Windows 10 vibration not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox 360 wierd controller on Windows 10 vibration not working: xbox 360 wierd controller on Windows 10 vibration not workingthe game pad working on all games but vibration not working on gamesbut working in Game Controler Tester app on windows 10and not switch with Xbox Accsseories apppleese help...
  6. Xbox 360 wired controller not working properly on windows 10

Xbox 360 wired controller not working properly on windows 10: Hello people. The issue: on my PC there is windows 10 pro, I use my xbox 360 controller to play games. The driver version is 10.0.18362.1 On my laptop there is windows 10 pro too, I've plugged in my xbox 360 wired controller, but computer recognizes it as audio device!...
  7. Drivers for Xbox 360 controllers for window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers for Xbox 360 controllers for window 10: Recently a friend gave me a wired Xbox 360 controller to use on my PC, I have a desktop HP Compaq elite 8300 sff running Windows 10 home pro,,, The problem is the controller isn't working like it should,,, I don't know how or where to check for the control drivers or where...
  8. xbox 360 controller not working as mouse

xbox 360 controller not working as mouse: I got my controller to connect using the Microsoft receiver but it wont work as a mouse just works in the Xbox app why and how do i fix thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-controller-not-working-as-mouse/3aad57f7-63b6-4c37-9daf-1c33cf92a4b1
  9. After Windows update, Xbox 360 controller stopped working

After Windows update, Xbox 360 controller stopped working: I use Windows 10 PC and after last update my Xbox controllers connected wirelessly with the dongle adapter stopped working. However the other controllers work without problems. I cannot find new drivers for this controller anywhere - they offer the drivers only for Windows...
  10. Xbox 360 wired controller not working on windows

Xbox 360 wired controller not working on windows: I had puchased a xbox 360(wired) controller few days ago, it works well initially for a week and then after that windows starts showing(on Connecting through usb) that it does'nt recognizing device. I had already doen this solutions which dont work- 1.When i connect it to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 360 stopped working 2019