Windows 10: Xbox 360 controller not detected since last windows update

Discus and support Xbox 360 controller not detected since last windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, A few years ago, a bought a Xbox 360 wireless controller for windows. A couple years later, the wireless receiver broke, and I bought a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AdrienMinne1, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Xbox 360 controller not detected since last windows update

Hello,

A few years ago, a bought a Xbox 360 wireless controller for windows. A couple years later, the wireless receiver broke, and I bought a new one not an official one because I could not find an official one sold without the controller. The receiver was listed as "unknown device" in the Device Manager, but I could manually install the driver update driver -> browser computer -> select Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows and it was working just fine.

Now windows 10 made a big update on my computer yesterday, and since then the receiver is not working anymore. It is now listed as "unknown device" even after telling windows to use the Xbox 360 wireless receiver driver for it.

Does someone have any idea on how to solve the problem? I guess I could always rollback the windows update but I would like another solution if possible.

:)

AdrienMinne1, Sep 16, 2020

2. Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Xbox Receiver Cannot Find Xbox 360 Wireless Controller

Hi,

Compatibility issue is one of the potential reasons why the Xbox receiver cannot detect your Xbox 360 controller. To help you resolve this concern, we recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided on this link below:

Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows

We also suggest that you visit this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to calibrate your Xbox 360 Controller for Windows.

Kindly update us with results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Xbox 360 controller not detected since last windows update

Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Thank you for responding...

-No I have not used A Xbox 360 controller.

-When I enter a game, it says that the

"Controller that you are currently using(Xbox 360 for Windows) is not supported. Some features may not be available". Only a game called Payday 2 doesn't flash up with a message similar to that.

-I've downloaded the Xbox Accessories app and connected via USB and it recognized it as an Xbox One Controller and then I tried to update the controller but it says that their are no updates available.

-And no im not using the Xbox One Epite controller. Im using the Xbox One Controller+Cable for Windows.

Other Info.

LOT NO./ DATE: 1745

MODEL NO.: 1708

S/N: *****************

***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for
    more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

StephanLaw, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Xbox 360 controller not detected since last windows update

1. Xbox 360 controller not detected since last windows update - Similar Threads - Xbox 360 controller

2. Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it: So this is a minor problem but it still bothers me because it's so weird. When I boot up windows, while my controller is connected to the wireless dongle, it shows up just fine under "game controllers". But when I turn off the controller and then turn it back on, it still...
  3. Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it: So this is a minor problem but it still bothers me because it's so weird. When I boot up windows, while my controller is connected to the wireless dongle, it shows up just fine under "game controllers". But when I turn off the controller and then turn it back on, it still...
  4. Xbox 360 receiver doesn't detects the wireless controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 receiver doesn't detects the wireless controller: I have a 360 receiver with a wireless controller model WC01, the WC01 motherboard just broke recently so i bought another one and its the 1460 model, for some reason the 1460 doesn't seems to work with the receiver, it's not the issue with the pc or something like that....
  5. Xbox 360 receiver doesn't detects the wireless controller

Xbox 360 receiver doesn't detects the wireless controller: I have a 360 receiver with a wireless controller model WC01, the WC01 motherboard just broke recently so i bought another one and its the 1460 model, for some reason the 1460 doesn't seems to work with the receiver, it's not the issue with the pc or something like that....
  6. Xbox 360 receiver doesn't detects the wireless controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Official Licensed PS4 controller detects as a Xbox 360 controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Official Licensed PS4 controller detects as a Xbox 360 controller: Hello, i have NACON PS4 Wired Compact Controller which i use to play some games. When i try to see the controls it would show Xbox controller layout instead of PS4's controller layout, which is very frustrating. I thought the Epic Games platform that i play on is the problem...
  8. Official Licensed PS4 controller detects as a Xbox 360 controller

Official Licensed PS4 controller detects as a Xbox 360 controller: Hello, i have NACON PS4 Wired Compact Controller which i use to play some games. When i try to see the controls it would show Xbox controller layout instead of PS4's controller layout, which is very frustrating. I thought the Epic Games platform that i play on is the problem...
  9. Official Licensed PS4 controller detects as a Xbox 360 controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. xbox 360 wired controller

xbox 360 wired controller: my Xbox 360 wired controller start blinking and continuous vibration during game i tried re installing drivers but nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-wired-controller/2d23b6d0-1939-407a-ac0a-c6f6bda81c90