Windows 10: Xbox 360 controller not working on Microsoft Store apps.

Discus and support Xbox 360 controller not working on Microsoft Store apps. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Xbox 360 wireless controller that I regularly use on my PC. While it works perfectly with everything, when it comes to apps on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gechi999, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Gechi999 Win User

Xbox 360 controller not working on Microsoft Store apps.

Hello,

I have a Xbox 360 wireless controller that I regularly use on my PC. While it works perfectly with everything, when it comes to apps on the Microsoft Store it seems to not be detected. The drivers are updated and I'm running the latest version of Windows. The game I'm having troubles in particular is Forza Horizon 4, but I noticed it wasn't working on any other Microsoft Games.
    I already tried reistalling both the apps and the device drivers, changing USB port for the receiver and all the basic stuff. It works perfectly on games that are not from the Store.

If you know how to solve this issue please respond to this post.
    Thanks for your time.

:)

Gechi999, Sep 15, 2020

2. Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Thank you for responding...

-No I have not used A Xbox 360 controller.

-When I enter a game, it says that the

"Controller that you are currently using(Xbox 360 for Windows) is not supported. Some features may not be available". Only a game called Payday 2 doesn't flash up with a message similar to that.

-I've downloaded the Xbox Accessories app and connected via USB and it recognized it as an Xbox One Controller and then I tried to update the controller but it says that their are no updates available.

-And no im not using the Xbox One Epite controller. Im using the Xbox One Controller+Cable for Windows.

Other Info.

LOT NO./ DATE: 1745

MODEL NO.: 1708

S/N: *****************

***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for
    more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

StephanLaw, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Xbox 360 controller not working on Microsoft Store apps.

Xbox 360 controller won't connect

Hi,

You can connect an Xbox 360 controller wirelessly to your computer by using an Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver only. For the instructions on how to connect your controller wirelessly using your Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver, you can follow the steps
    provided on this
    link

If the issue persists, we recommend that you connect the controller to the computer using a USB cable to test if there is an issue with the controller itself.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Xbox 360 controller not working on Microsoft Store apps.

1. Xbox 360 controller not working on Microsoft Store apps. - Similar Threads - Xbox 360 controller

2. xbox 360 wired controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox 360 wired controller: my Xbox 360 wired controller start blinking and continuous vibration during game i tried re installing drivers but nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-wired-controller/2d23b6d0-1939-407a-ac0a-c6f6bda81c90
  3. Microsoft receiver issue with Xbox 360 controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft receiver issue with Xbox 360 controller: Hello guys. Today I've purchased a wireless Xbox360 guitar hero controller. I've had the Microsoft Xbox receiver at home so I thought it'll be an easy set up. Turned out it isn't. Or I'm just doing something wrong. Edit: I'm using it on PC. When I connect the receiver the...
  4. Xbox 360 controller not working on Guacamelee! 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 controller not working on Guacamelee! 2: Hi! I just got the Xbox Ultimate Game Pass and installed both Guacamelee! 2 and Dragon Quest XI from the Microsoft store. I use an original Xbox 360 controller and it is working normally on every other game including Dragon Quest, but it isn't even recognized on...
  5. Xbox 360 controller not working on Microsoft Store apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 controller not working on Microsoft Store apps.: Hello, I have a Xbox 360 wireless controller that I regularly use on my PC. While it works perfectly with everything, when it comes to apps on the Microsoft Store it seems to not be detected. The drivers are updated and I'm running the latest version of Windows. The game I'm...
  6. xbox 360 wireless controller recoiever not working

xbox 360 wireless controller recoiever not working: hello so i have a ps3/xbox 360 wireless controller and when i plug in the reciever it says usb not recognized or something like that can i please get help?...
  7. Xbox 360 Controller not working on my PC

Xbox 360 Controller not working on my PC: Hello! I have a HP Envy x360 m6 Convertible Laptop running Windows 10 Home 64-bit. I was using Wired Xbox 360 Controller on PC just fine and Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories 1.2 were also installed. Then I uninstalled the Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories 1.2 and the uninstalling...
  8. xbox 360 controller not working as mouse

xbox 360 controller not working as mouse: I got my controller to connect using the Microsoft receiver but it wont work as a mouse just works in the Xbox app why and how do i fix thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-controller-not-working-as-mouse/3aad57f7-63b6-4c37-9daf-1c33cf92a4b1
  9. Xbox 360 controller won't work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 controller won't work anymore: A while back, when Windows updated, my Xbox controllers quit working on Windows 10. My Playstation controllers and Switch Pro controllers work fine. I'm using an Xbox 360 controller, wirelessly with the dongle adapter that came with the Xbox. I tried finding new drivers for...
  10. Xbox 360 wired controller not working on windows

Xbox 360 wired controller not working on windows: I had puchased a xbox 360(wired) controller few days ago, it works well initially for a week and then after that windows starts showing(on Connecting through usb) that it does'nt recognizing device. I had already doen this solutions which dont work- 1.When i connect it to...