Windows 10: XBOX 360 Controller stuck on blue question mark unknown device after manually installing...

Discus and support XBOX 360 Controller stuck on blue question mark unknown device after manually installing... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just like usual, the most common and needed piece of software, Windows operating system, but handled by bunch of **** ignorant scum could be the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VerzKG, Aug 1, 2020.

1. VerzKG Win User

XBOX 360 Controller stuck on blue question mark unknown device after manually installing...

Just like usual, the most common and needed piece of software, Windows operating system, but handled by bunch of **** ignorant scum could be the incompetent programmers, or piece of **** on higher rank, who always seem to overlook problems on their updates
    I have a working wireless XBOX 360 controller, tried it on other device with windows 10 too, it works fine just like how i usually install it, but not on my own computer after i got FORCEFULLY UPDATED, now i cant even install the controller anymore

No matter how i try, looked it up all over the internet and there is no answer to this ****
    to all the customer services from microsoft, who always got the blame for the microsoft's programmers incompetence, can you please help me out?

:)

VerzKG, Aug 1, 2020

2. Xbox 360 Adapter Unknown USB Device

Looking at the information I have please follow these steps to see if it solves the issue:

With the adapter plugged:

1- Right click the windows icon on the task bar and click device manager.

2- Look for the device that should appear as unknown like you said.

3- Right click the device and click properties. Go to the driver tab.

4- Click update driver, then click "browse my computer for driver software".

5- Click the option "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

6- Go to the bottom of the list you should see xbox 360...click on it.

7- Click the xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows.

8- After installation is done test by turning on the receiver, and finish by turning the xbox controller on.

Hope that solves your issue.

RicardoRodriguez90, Aug 1, 2020
  3. SevenNine Win User
    Creators Update Broke My XBOX 360 Headset Device (Unknown Device)

I can no longer use the mic that came with my Xbox 360 wired controller on my Windows 10 PC after I upgraded to the Creators Update a few days ago. In the Device Manager it is listed as 'Unknown device' and if I try to 'Upgrade Drivers' then I get this error message: "XBOX 360 Headset Device. An error occurred during the installation of the device. The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry. Contact your hardware vendor". Anyone have any idea how I can get it working again? I can't find the driver for this thing anywhere! I used it for Cortana searches as well as communication in Overwatch.

XBOX 360 Controller stuck on blue question mark unknown device after manually installing... [​IMG]

SevenNine, Aug 1, 2020
  4. XBOX 360 Controller stuck on blue question mark unknown device after manually installing...

Drivers for Xbox 360 controllers for window 10

Hi CoyOsbon

Try to follow the instructions below.

Connect your Xbox 360 controller to your Computer.

then Go to Device Manager and install the driver manually

To do that.

right click the MyComputer icon and click properties then click

Device Manager.

The after that Navigate to Other Devices section and expand it,

then right click the "Unknown device" and choose Update Driver Software.

Click Browse my computer for driver software, then

Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

You should see a list of device drivers. Select Xbox 360 peripherals and click Next.

Choose the latest Receiver driver that’s on the list and click Next.

If you get a warning message, just click OK and wait for the driver to install.

jhestech A+, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

XBOX 360 Controller stuck on blue question mark unknown device after manually installing...

1. XBOX 360 Controller stuck on blue question mark unknown device after manually installing... - Similar Threads - XBOX 360 Controller

2. Xbox 360 off brand controller shows up unknown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 off brand controller shows up unknown: so im using windows 10 right now and have it completely updated.also one off brand xbox 360 controller that works fine but the one i want does not.it shows up as "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed" but it lights up like it works.Also its wired,ive tried...
  3. Xbox 360 off brand controller shows up unknown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox 360 off brand controller shows up unknown: so im using windows 10 right now and have it completely updated.also one off brand xbox 360 controller that works fine but the one i want does not.it shows up as "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed" but it lights up like it works.Also its wired,ive tried...
  4. PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller: I used STEAM to play games, but when I entered the game, my PS4 controller was not recognized instead Xbox buttons were shown on the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps4-controller-being-installed-as-xbox-360/8ad11c73-1c1d-4869-a372-dd2624702b44
  5. PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller: I used STEAM to play games, but when I entered the game, my PS4 controller was not recognized instead Xbox buttons were shown on the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps4-controller-being-installed-as-xbox-360/8ad11c73-1c1d-4869-a372-dd2624702b44
  6. PS4 Controller being installed as Xbox 360 Controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Xbox 360 Controller Device Descriptor Failed

Xbox 360 Controller Device Descriptor Failed: I'm having trouble getting my Xbox 360 controller wireless receiver to work in Windows 10. In the past, I've had to manually install the drivers after plugging in the receiver, but this is no longer working. Instead of appearing in "Unknown Devices", the device appears under...
  8. Xbox 360 Controller Driver not Staying Installed

Xbox 360 Controller Driver not Staying Installed: I am trying to connect and old rock band xbox 360 guitar to my PC and am running into an odd issue. I know that it can be done as I have seen this same type of controller used in windows 10 without issue. When I plug in the controller it is not immediately recognized and...
  9. Unknown device drivers not installing manually

Unknown device drivers not installing manually: Up until my update this morning I have had a wireless adapter for my Xbox 360 controller. I have been manually assigning it driver updates but this time, I try to update it and nothing happens. I go to manage devices Other devices Unknown device Browse my computer Pick...
  10. Xbox one controller reads as unknown device.

Xbox one controller reads as unknown device.: Hello, I tried connecting Xbox One Controller using micro-usb but gamepad is reading as unknown device. Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. I tried to fix this problem using old...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox wireless adapter unknown device blue question mark