Windows 10: Xbox 360 controller wireless receiver driver update doesn't work

Discus and support Xbox 360 controller wireless receiver driver update doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I hope somebody can help me, I couldn't find a solution for my problem on the internet. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 embedded last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by T.Aydin, Apr 14, 2020.

1. T.Aydin Win User

Xbox 360 controller wireless receiver driver update doesn't work

Hi,

I hope somebody can help me, I couldn't find a solution for my problem on the internet. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 embedded last week and was in the process to reinstall software and games.

I'm not a big gamer these days so that's why I liked to play with my old wireless Xbox 360 controller from time to time, since I don't use the console anymore. For this purpose I also have the Xbox 360 receiver plugged to my PC. The whole set up was working fine until I did the update. Afterwards when I started a Game the controller was not being picked up. The receiver is a third party product and that's normal as much as I remember.

So I went into Device Manager > Other devices >Unknown device > right clicked Update driver >Browse my computer for drivers > Let me pick from a list... >Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows Version v.10.0.19... first later tried 2.1.0.13.... So I get the warning, where I clickyes to install it anyway and then I get the message Windows has successfully updated your drivers and I can see the little Xbox 360 controller Icon and all. Here is wheremy problem starts because the driver was not installed. It refuses to install it somehow. I tried restarting it and all but the device still is shown without a driver.

Driver Status before and after the driver update is: No drivers are installed for this device.

I'm out of my depth here. The whole set up was working before I installed the new OS and I haven't moved anything. I checked different forums, for different versions of the driver, on the amazon page of the product if something has changed and the comments of the most known installation video on YouTube. Nobody except me seems to have the problem.

This is what the Event Viewer gives me:

Device USB\VID_045E&PID_0291\5&e658374&0&1 was configured.

Driver Name: null

Class Guid: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

Driver Date:

Driver Version:

Driver Provider:

Driver Section:

Driver Rank: 0x0

Matching Device Id:

Outranked Drivers:

Device Updated: false

Parent Device: USB\ROOT_HUB30\4&1b824007&0&0

Would really appreciate it if somebody could help me!

:)

T.Aydin, Apr 14, 2020

2. Xbox Receiver Cannot Find Xbox 360 Wireless Controller

Hi,

Compatibility issue is one of the potential reasons why the Xbox receiver cannot detect your Xbox 360 controller. To help you resolve this concern, we recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided on this link below:

Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows

We also suggest that you visit this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to calibrate your Xbox 360 Controller for Windows.

Kindly update us with results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 14, 2020
  3. nttura1 Win User
    Xbox Receiver Cannot Find Xbox 360 Wireless Controller

Hi.

After Windows 10 latest updates , my xbox receiver cannot find my xbox 360 controller.

How can i fix that ?

Not : I tried the things listed below ;

*Unplugged, change the usb ports,

*Uninstall driver and install again

*Uninstall driver and choose another type of device driver ( Charge and Play kit, Xbox Receiver, Xbox Controller from the device manager)

*Try another xbox 360 wireless controller

nttura1, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Xbox 360 controller wireless receiver driver update doesn't work

Wireless Xbox 360 Controller Receiver

My Wireless Xbox 360 Controller Receiver was working fine after updating drivers on win 10

then after 6-7 months it is giving an error (device descriptor failed code 43 )

nileshdusane1, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Xbox 360 controller wireless receiver driver update doesn't work

1. Xbox 360 controller wireless receiver driver update doesn't work - Similar Threads - Xbox 360 controller

2. Xbox 360 receiver doesn't detects the wireless controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 receiver doesn't detects the wireless controller: I have a 360 receiver with a wireless controller model WC01, the WC01 motherboard just broke recently so i bought another one and its the 1460 model, for some reason the 1460 doesn't seems to work with the receiver, it's not the issue with the pc or something like that....
  3. Xbox 360 receiver doesn't detects the wireless controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox 360 receiver doesn't detects the wireless controller: I have a 360 receiver with a wireless controller model WC01, the WC01 motherboard just broke recently so i bought another one and its the 1460 model, for some reason the 1460 doesn't seems to work with the receiver, it's not the issue with the pc or something like that....
  4. Xbox 360 receiver doesn't detects the wireless controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. xbox 360 wireless controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox 360 wireless controller: HelloI want to use my xbox 360 wireless adapter on pc win 10and i read a lot of help guides even here and nothing helpedThe problem is that the device manager doesnt react at all when i insert the adapter into the usb,any usb slot they are all workingand the adapter is...
  6. xbox 360 wireless controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox 360 wireless controller: HelloI want to use my xbox 360 wireless adapter on pc win 10and i read a lot of help guides even here and nothing helpedThe problem is that the device manager doesnt react at all when i insert the adapter into the usb,any usb slot they are all workingand the adapter is...
  7. Xbox 360 wireless controller

Xbox 360 wireless controller: Does anyone know where i could find the wireless receiver for windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-wireless-controller/7abfa4b1-3fa6-47ef-92bd-52ac0ef42edc
  8. Xbox 360 wireless controllers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 wireless controllers: I am still not able to get my windows 10 pc to recognize my Xbox 360 wireless controller, and it's receiver. It broke when I installed update 2004. Is this going to remain a problem or is there going to be a fix for these to work again? I have tried multiple things to get...
  9. Xbox 360 wireless receiver driver not working anymore after 2004 update

Xbox 360 wireless receiver driver not working anymore after 2004 update: My xbox 360 wireless reciever doesnt work on my pc when I checked device manager it shows it as an "unknown device" so i tried to update the driver to the "xbox 360 wireless reciever driver" and it says driver installed successfully but it still says "unknown device". I tried...
  10. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver not working: After i formatted my pc, my xbox 360 wireless receiver keeps being listed as an unknown device, after i manually selected the drivers. It was working fine before. I also reinstalled winodws twice, to make sure that the installation was corrupt. I tested it on my laptop and it...