Windows 10: XBOX 360 Controller Won't Sync with Receiver

Discus and support XBOX 360 Controller Won't Sync with Receiver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've reserached for hours and I can't find any info that works. To start, my device manager DOES recognise the receiver and I've tried all drivers.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WuMyster, Sep 8, 2018.

1. WuMyster Win User

XBOX 360 Controller Won't Sync with Receiver

I've reserached for hours and I can't find any info that works.

To start, my device manager DOES recognise the receiver and I've tried all drivers. If I press the sync button on both the controller and receiver they will "recognise" each other but won't connect.

I was using my controller for Forza and after being idle for 5 mins it's gone haywire.

Anyone know what else I can do?

:)

WuMyster, Sep 8, 2018

2. Xbox Receiver Cannot Find Xbox 360 Wireless Controller

Hi,

Compatibility issue is one of the potential reasons why the Xbox receiver cannot detect your Xbox 360 controller. To help you resolve this concern, we recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided on this link below:

Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows

We also suggest that you visit this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to calibrate your Xbox 360 Controller for Windows.

Kindly update us with results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Xbox 360 controller won't connect

Hi,

You can connect an Xbox 360 controller wirelessly to your computer by using an Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver only. For the instructions on how to connect your controller wirelessly using your Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver, you can follow the steps
    provided on this
    link

If the issue persists, we recommend that you connect the controller to the computer using a USB cable to test if there is an issue with the controller itself.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Sep 8, 2018
  4. XBOX 360 Controller Won't Sync with Receiver

XBOX 360 wireless controller and wireless gaming receiver.

Hi,

Issues with connecting your Xbox 360 Controller to your Windows 10 PC may occur if the drivers are not successfully installed. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• What is exactly happening when you tried to connect the controller?
    • Are there any error messages when you tried to connect the controller?
    • Have you tried connecting the controller using a USB cable to the PC?

In the meantime, you may visit
    How to set up an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
    for the step by step instructions.

Loraine Mon, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

XBOX 360 Controller Won't Sync with Receiver

1. XBOX 360 Controller Won't Sync with Receiver - Similar Threads - XBOX 360 Controller

2. Xbox 360 receiver doesn't detects the wireless controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 receiver doesn't detects the wireless controller: I have a 360 receiver with a wireless controller model WC01, the WC01 motherboard just broke recently so i bought another one and its the 1460 model, for some reason the 1460 doesn't seems to work with the receiver, it's not the issue with the pc or something like that....
  3. Xbox 360 receiver doesn't detects the wireless controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox 360 receiver doesn't detects the wireless controller: I have a 360 receiver with a wireless controller model WC01, the WC01 motherboard just broke recently so i bought another one and its the 1460 model, for some reason the 1460 doesn't seems to work with the receiver, it's not the issue with the pc or something like that....
  4. Xbox 360 receiver doesn't detects the wireless controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows won't recognize my Xbox 360 Receiver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't recognize my Xbox 360 Receiver: Hey there, I was trying to play guitar hero with my xbox 360 les paul guitar, but then my laptop doesn't recognize my xbox 360 receiver, I kept retrying to unplug and plug it in again and it still doesn't work, does anyone know how to fix this?...
  6. Windows won't recognize my Xbox 360 Receiver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't recognize my Xbox 360 Receiver: Hey there, I was trying to play guitar hero with my xbox 360 les paul guitar, but then my laptop doesn't recognize my xbox 360 receiver, I kept retrying to unplug and plug it in again and it still doesn't work, does anyone know how to fix this?...
  7. Windows won't recognize my Xbox 360 Receiver

8. Microsoft receiver issue with Xbox 360 controller

Microsoft receiver issue with Xbox 360 controller: Hello guys. Today I've purchased a wireless Xbox360 guitar hero controller. I've had the Microsoft Xbox receiver at home so I thought it'll be an easy set up. Turned out it isn't. Or I'm just doing something wrong. Edit: I'm using it on PC. When I connect the receiver the...
  9. Xbox 360 controller won't work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 controller won't work anymore: A while back, when Windows updated, my Xbox controllers quit working on Windows 10. My Playstation controllers and Switch Pro controllers work fine. I'm using an Xbox 360 controller, wirelessly with the dongle adapter that came with the Xbox. I tried finding new drivers for...
  10. Xbox 360 wireless controller won't sync with Microsoft dongle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 wireless controller won't sync with Microsoft dongle: Hi, So, I have bought a new Microsoft Xbox dongle for my PC (it looks like a black memory stick). It appears in my device manager and has the latest drivers installed. It will not sync with my Xbox 360 wireless controller though. I have removed it, uninstalled it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant sync my wireless xbox 360 on pc

2. sync xbox controller to usb receiver

3. my xbox 360 controller wont sync on my pc

4. reasons why xbox 360 controller will not sync